• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Aaron Rodgers Signing With The Pittsburgh Steelers Is Reportedly “Heating Up”

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
A question:

Why would Aaron Rodgers want to play for the Steelers ?
Terrible coach, terrible game planning, terrible offensive line run blocking, terrible offensive line pass blocking, complete lack of adjustments.

He would lose his temper and snap before they completed training camp .

If I was Aaron Rodgers and the Steelers sent me an offer right now...

200w.webp

...I'd run away as fast as I can

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
LOL, how could anyone with a brain cell think this would happen? This isn't some great place to be right now for a veteran looking to win a title. Get real already. We are awful right now. This game tonight is just magnifying how bad it really is. Here come the mock draft threads, and NO I don't want Pickett.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I got it...trade Tomlin for Rodgers! Then fire Canada and let Rodgers run the offense. Boom!

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
LOL, how could anyone with a brain cell think this would happen? This isn't some great place to be right now for a veteran looking to win a title. Get real already. We are awful right now. This game tonight is just magnifying how bad it really is. Here come the mock draft threads, and NO I don't want Pickett.
We have injuries on D and not a lot of depth(like most of the NFL) The o line is only going to get better. Don't be surprised if he signs here. The Steelers would have to give up quite a bit though to get him.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
So I need to get banned because I said Rodgers was on Ivermectin? Really?

Because you're a ******* troll. You said at the beginning of the season you and wig were arguing about where they were going. I asked if you're fakebook friends and got crickets.

You registered here in late October. The season started in early September. Get the **** outta here with your drivel.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Because you're a ******* troll. You said at the beginning of the season you and wig were arguing about where they were going. I asked if you're fakebook friends and got crickets.

You registered here in late October. The season started in early September. Get the **** outta here with your drivel.
I said on Facebook and you tube with kiddos LIKE Wig(delusional fans)..nothing about Wig himself. I didnt know who Wig was till he started coming after me on this board. You earlier said you were kidding with me and that you didn't take yourself seriously...now you are attacking me because I said something about Aaron Rodgers....what? Are you bi-polar? Seriously...or are you just drunk and upset over the loss? I am not a troll. I just don't believe everything I'm fed. I can see for myself what is happening with this team. Thanks.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh my bad. And no, I'm not drunk at all. I just can't stand recycled trolls and you know the old saying "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck".

But you of over just a month being here say you're not a troll? Well holy ****, we'll just take your word for it I guess. And what exactly do you see happening with this team?

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
After going through all of the QB possibilities, of the realistic options I'd strongly consider Minshew. If the Eagles want to trade him, it could probably be for a late-round draft pick. He's put up pretty good numbers with an awful Jaguars team and while a bit of a clown, I'm curious to see what he'd do with a better franchise as a starter. At the very least, I'd feel better with Minshew as a stopgap QB opposed to Rudolph.
That's what I'm saying. Mishew or a guy like Taylor Heineke are both better than Haskins or Rudolph, and I think they could both actually win some games for you. Plus, you don't have a $25 or $30 million dollar cap hit hanging around your neck while you are trying to shore up the holes you have all over the field. This team will not be in a position to contend for anything for at least the next year or two and that is if EVERYTHING goes right. No sense wasting the money Rodgers or Wilson would command on mediocrity. mediocrity can be had much cheaper.

Reactions: wig

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I clicked on this thread expecting it to cite bleacher report sources...
Imagine my surprise to see that it was a "daily snark"article!
I mean a bunch of sad bloggers quoted it too … any port in a storm I guess… im semi hoping Ben comes back next year just for the tears of the haters lol… though I don’t think that is in his best interest

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We have injuries on D and not a lot of depth(like most of the NFL) The o line is only going to get better. Don't be surprised if he signs here. The Steelers would have to give up quite a bit though to get him.
Which in my opinion is a terrible idea. Again, there's no question that Ben has lost some steps. I can't understand people clamoring for a QB just 2 years younger to come in and take over next year. Consider, age-wise, Rodger is exactly where Ben was when he started losing productivity.

You'd have to give up a first or two for either Rodgers or Wilson and that would leave you with GLARING holes on the offensive line, defensive line, middle linebacker and CB. Currently, your WR depth is more like the ankle-deep kiddie pool at your small town public pool.

No, this team has so many needs and such shortcomings right now, the last thing they need to do is reach (in any way whatsoever) for a QB solution to put out this dumpster fire.

jiminoh

Simple Idiot
Contributor
Reaction score
Which in my opinion is a terrible idea. Again, there's no question that Ben has lost some steps. I can't understand people clamoring for a QB just 2 years younger to come in and take over next year. Consider, age-wise, Rodger is exactly where Ben was when he started losing productivity.

You'd have to give up a first or two for either Rodgers or Wilson and that would leave you with GLARING holes on the offensive line, defensive line, middle linebacker and CB. Currently, your WR depth is more like the ankle-deep kiddie pool at your small town public pool.

No, this team has so many needs and such shortcomings right now, the last thing they need to do is reach (in any way whatsoever) for a QB solution to put out this dumpster fire.

Both would be WAY too expensive considering our other needs. Plus, I read something yesterday about Wilson and the 3 teams he would consider playing for and we weren't included.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Wilson is young enough that you could justify a trade, but what he costs cap wise and draft capital ( they are talking multiple firsts) would leave the team extremely shorthanded somewhere

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
It's backdoor bob.

Backdoor Butternut Bob? Dude must have split personality because this one's nothing like the rowdy ******** who wanted everyone to do the two-step with him.

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Backdoor Butternut Bob? Dude must have split personality because this one's nothing like the rowdy ******** who wanted everyone to do the two-step with him.
Not Bob IP is different. Bob has tried several times under a new name. The dumb ******

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Both would be WAY too expensive considering our other needs. Plus, I read something yesterday about Wilson and the 3 teams he would consider playing for and we weren't included.

I've been flip-flopping on this, but ultimately both Wilson and Rodgers are unrealistic given all the circumstances. Wilson would be the safer bet IMO but like has already been mentioned, they'd have to give way too much up to get him - and if we're not on his radar (understandable), case closed. I'm liking Sarge's idea of Minshew. Is Mitch Trubisky a total lost cause? Because didn't he sign only a 1-year deal with Buffalo to be a back-up?

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Not Bob IP is different. Bob has tried several times under a new name. The dumb ******

I didn't think it was the same guy. But people are strange. ******* BBB, why would someone try so hard just to troll a place again for probably a day at most? I guess that question goes back to my second sentence.