• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Aaron Rodgers Signing With The Pittsburgh Steelers Is Reportedly “Heating Up”

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Why do you say **** like this? Ben was a great player for many years. YOU are the one with "Sack" in your name. Like nutsack.
Because ********* are coming on my thread starting that old school hijack the thread BS by bringing up food or whatever. These men children can't stand the thought of someone criticizing their man/boy crush.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I just think it's funny. The crowd that constantly crows that "Ben is garbage and could be replaced by Mason or Haskins" are also firmly on the "Let's get an elite QB for when Ben retires so we can continue to get our non-losing seasons."

Basically you just want insurance so you don't have to deal with the inevitable plummet into suck that is coming after Ben retires until they eventually find another franchise QB.

I just ignore them. It's pretty comical. They'll find out soon enough. We all will. I expect the worst,but hope for the best. The odds are not in our favor for some positive magical superbowl outcome in the next 2 years.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I just think it's funny. The crowd that constantly crows that "Ben is garbage and could be replaced by Mason or Haskins" are also firmly on the "Let's get an elite QB for when Ben retires so we can continue to get our non-losing seasons."

Basically you just want insurance so you don't have to deal with the inevitable plummet into suck that is coming after Ben retires until they eventually find another franchise QB.
Reasonable or not, I think that every fan would like that kind of insurance. Not willing to pay the price it would take to go the AR route though.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Mason could have made every throw that Ben made Sunday and do something Ben can't and that's scramble and run. And before you start your straw man arguments with me I didn't say Mason was better, I'm saying that's where Ben is at. At Mason's level throwing, but has the advantage of experience over Mason.

jiminoh

Simple Idiot
Contributor
Reaction score
Because ********* are coming on my thread starting that old school hijack the thread BS by bringing up food or whatever. These men children can't stand the thought of someone criticizing their man/boy crush.

I gotta go...wife just came home from work. Ben will be gone most likely in a month and maybe this team can start over somehow. Appreciate Ben for what he (is) was and let it go. I just don't like anyone ragging on him when he has shown to be a team player for years. I'll never forget the broken nose game.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
I gotta go...wife just came home from work. Ben will be gone most likely in a month and maybe this team can start over somehow. Appreciate Ben for what he (is) was and let it go. I just don't like anyone ragging on him when he has shown to be a team player for years. I'll never forget the broken nose game.
I appreciate him. I just brought out some legit criticisms and people(or kids) dumped all over me. I just want the team to move on.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Not every team is lucky enough to replace Joe Montana with Steve Young, Brett Favre with Aaron Rodgers, or Mark Malone with Bubby Brister.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I just ignore them. It's pretty comical. They'll find out soon enough. We all will. I expect the worst,but hope for the best. The odds are not in our favor for some positive magical superbowl outcome in the next 2 years.

One can still hope and root for the SB to happen,..... until it don't. I'm on that bandwagon of enjoying BEN while we still have him and ALSO know that franchise QBs are not a dime a dozen as some think. I prepare for the worse and hope for the best, not just here but also in life as well.

This Rogers story is a ******* joke, talking heads and all. It's a non-issue made up to fantisize soe here. Until it's the off-season and Aron is an actual FA or up for trade.............. nothing and I mean nothing is going to happen regardless of whats said here today.

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Mason could have made every throw that Ben made Sunday and do something Ben can't and that's scramble and run. And before you start your straw man arguments with me I didn't say Mason was better, I'm saying that's where Ben is at. At Mason's level throwing, but has the advantage of experience over Mason.
Mason wasn't going to make the back shoulder throw Ben made to DJ. Mason doesn't have the confidence to make that type of pinpoint throw. He also doesn't make the touchdown throw to DJ because he doesn't have the pump fake Ben does and gets happy feet when feeling the slightest bit of pressure.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Lemon curry?

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Mason wasn't going to make the back shoulder throw Ben made to DJ. Mason doesn't have the confidence to make that type of pinpoint throw. He also doesn't make the touchdown throw to DJ because he doesn't have the pump fake Ben does and gets happy feet when feeling the slightest bit of pressure.
That's funny he made the same throw to Claypool against the Browns last year.

deljzc

Reaction score
I just don't think we can look at how the Steelers handled QB's between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger and relate that to today.

Art Rooney is a completely different owner than Dan Rooney. We have NO IDEA how Tomlin views the QB position because he has been tied to Roethlisberger's hip his entire coaching career. We have no idea what Colbert will do because Colbert takes on a lot of the characteristics of the head coach/owner.

See I think Tomlin is more on the hot seat (thank god) than some here think. The guy has won one playoff game in like a decade. As much as I think Tomlin is an idiot, he's not an idiot enough to think he can save and hold onto his job with Mason Rudolf.

And Colbert is older now and might soon retire (I think there were rumors of that last off-season). Does he care about draft picks as much? Does he care what this team will look like in 5 years? Or does he want one more great run to cement his history.

I do agree Rogers is a stretch. The one I keep having a weird feeling about is Russell Wilson. I think Tomlin would LOVE Wilson here. And he fits everything this team sort of wants to be under Tomlin. He has Tomlin's similar style swagger. The price might be high, but Wilson for 2 seasons here? Maybe it works. And Canada does kind of have a connection to Wilson. They both worked/played for Bielema at Wisconsin. I think Wilson likes college style offenses and Canada wants to implement them more.

That's my guess. I think this team would trade almost everything EXCEPT their 1st round pick next year to get him (including 2022 2nd/2023 1st/2024 2nd or something like that).

I think they can draft a CB, tag Shuster just for depth purposes and fill in the gaps with mid-priced FA's like they always do. On paper, that team looks like a playoff team. Whether Tomlin and the coaching staff are good enough to make it happen? ehhh.....

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
He has improved his happy feet though .

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I just don't think we can look at how the Steelers handled QB's between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger and relate that to today.

Art Rooney is a completely different owner than Dan Rooney. We have NO IDEA how Tomlin views the QB position because he has been tied to Roethlisberger's hip his entire coaching career. We have no idea what Colbert will do because Colbert takes on a lot of the characteristics of the head coach/owner.

See I think Tomlin is more on the hot seat (thank god) than some here think. The guy has won one playoff game in like a decade. As much as I think Tomlin is an idiot, he's not an idiot enough to think he can save and hold onto his job with Mason Rudolf.

And Colbert is older now and might soon retire (I think there were rumors of that last off-season). Does he care about draft picks as much? Does he care what this team will look like in 5 years? Or does he want one more great run to cement his history.

I do agree Rogers is a stretch. The one I keep having a weird feeling about is Russell Wilson. I think Tomlin would LOVE Wilson here. And he fits everything this team sort of wants to be under Tomlin. He has Tomlin's similar style swagger. The price might be high, but Wilson for 2 seasons here? Maybe it works. And Canada does kind of have a connection to Wilson. They both worked/played for Bielema at Wisconsin. I think Wilson likes college style offenses and Canada wants to implement them more.

That's my guess. I think this team would trade almost everything EXCEPT their 1st round pick next year to get him (including 2022 2nd/2023 1st/2024 2nd or something like that).

I think they can draft a CB, tag Shuster just for depth purposes and fill in the gaps with mid-priced FA's like they always do. On paper, that team looks like a playoff team. Whether Tomlin and the coaching staff are good enough to make it happen? ehhh.....
Yeah Russel Wilson makes more sense in a lot of ways… he is very similar to Ben with more mobility. His health might be a question but i mean what non cyborg vet qb isn’t a health risk..

But he isxa pure trade and will cost multiple first rounders we can’t afford… at 32 he is 6 years younger than Rodgers… so you could project a 5 year starter stretch with the acknowledgment that you will be taking a future starter when one is available…

But man that cost probably won’t be worth it unless they immediately win a super bowl

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Let's all just enjoy the next few games and hope that Mason and Haskins do well next year.

Last edited:

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't say Mason was better, I'm saying that's where Ben is at. At Mason's level throwing, but has the advantage of experience over Mason.
I don't want to continue this pointless argument with you. I recognize your point, I just strongly disagree. It is my feeling that the experience is the thing that makes the QB successful, not merely the physical ability to throw the ball to a given point.

We can agree to disagree and we can all hope that next season Rudolph truly steps up and plays some great football. I personally think it is beyond stupid to spend money or picks on a veteran QB as that is nothing more than a tourniquet on a terrible wound. The F.O. needs to focus on building the team from the O Line up, in my opinion. Anything else is just wasting time through your rebuilding stage.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't want to continue this pointless argument with you. I recognize your point, I just strongly disagree. It is my feeling that the experience is the thing that makes the QB successful, not merely the physical ability to throw the ball to a given point.

We can agree to disagree and we can all hope that next season Rudolph truly steps up and plays some great football. I personally think it is beyond stupid to spend money or picks on a veteran QB as that is nothing more than a tourniquet on a terrible wound. The F.O. needs to focus on building the team from the O Line up, in my opinion. Anything else is just wasting time through your rebuilding stage.
O line and D line. Who knows what our D line is going to look like next year. Tuitt might be here might be gone. Alualu might be done. We have got to fix both lines before anything else

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with that Blitz. I don't think Tuitt will be able to come back from a year off and be the player he was. I just think it's really really hard to come back after you've been off that long and be the same guy.

I have been wrong though. Frankly, my wife is shocked when I get something right, so there's that.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Dear Santa.

Please don't bring Aaron Rodgers to the Stillers for a Christmas present. Thank U.

Your friend,
stillerfaninfl (now stillerfaninpa)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
We've seen Tombert's QB's and they are Landry Jones and Mason Rudolph.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dear Santa.

Please don't bring Aaron Rodgers to the Stillers for a Christmas present. Thank U.

Your friend,
stillerfaninfl (now stillerfaninpa)
Of course not Xmas will be long over before Aaron comes aboard.😁