• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Aaron Rodgers Signing With The Pittsburgh Steelers Is Reportedly “Heating Up”

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin: Are we bringing in Aaron Rodgers?
Rooney: That isn't how you spell Joe Flacco.

******* hillarious

I laughed so hard I dang neared burnt supper, but thanks !!!!

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of food, I CANT WAIT TO EAT SOME BACON!

Dude,....... I keep 5 lbs cookiN at all times. Come watch the game thursday night and you can drive the LUXURY S10 but you'd be after Coolie then Lunar but that's a blessing in itself as then Lunar has to take care of what Coolie causes me to have plastic covered seats...........................

WORD: Never drive S10 right after Coolie has ridden in it.

2nd WORD: The BACON is well worth whatever Coolie dishes out, as long as you are 2nd behind / ummmm to the side of him.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I just don't think we can look at how the Steelers handled QB's between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger and relate that to today.

Art Rooney is a completely different owner than Dan Rooney. We have NO IDEA how Tomlin views the QB position because he has been tied to Roethlisberger's hip his entire coaching career. We have no idea what Colbert will do because Colbert takes on a lot of the characteristics of the head coach/owner.

See I think Tomlin is more on the hot seat (thank god) than some here think. The guy has won one playoff game in like a decade. As much as I think Tomlin is an idiot, he's not an idiot enough to think he can save and hold onto his job with Mason Rudolf.

And Colbert is older now and might soon retire (I think there were rumors of that last off-season). Does he care about draft picks as much? Does he care what this team will look like in 5 years? Or does he want one more great run to cement his history.

I do agree Rogers is a stretch. The one I keep having a weird feeling about is Russell Wilson. I think Tomlin would LOVE Wilson here. And he fits everything this team sort of wants to be under Tomlin. He has Tomlin's similar style swagger. The price might be high, but Wilson for 2 seasons here? Maybe it works. And Canada does kind of have a connection to Wilson. They both worked/played for Bielema at Wisconsin. I think Wilson likes college style offenses and Canada wants to implement them more.

That's my guess. I think this team would trade almost everything EXCEPT their 1st round pick next year to get him (including 2022 2nd/2023 1st/2024 2nd or something like that).

I think they can draft a CB, tag Shuster just for depth purposes and fill in the gaps with mid-priced FA's like they always do. On paper, that team looks like a playoff team. Whether Tomlin and the coaching staff are good enough to make it happen? ehhh.....

Nice post Deljzc,..... thanks.!

I can't put my head around a top tier QB coming here with this OL and coaching history. Maybe so but man that's selling the farm in draft picks.

Will be interesting to see this all play out.

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The whole Rodgers to Pittsburgh thing is extremely overblown speculation... it literally all stems from Rodgers having his spat with the packers then talking to tomlin... people are reading into grins and smirks... I mean for heavens sake, the OP's source is THE DAILY SNARK, a satire site, quoting cowherd who is again still basing his opinion on an exchange that nobody knows what was said from a game in the first quarter of the season...

no new sources have come forward, and the Steelers wont stoop to tampering, which by the way will be the cry from every steeler hating dipshit media person if he somehow did make his way here.

Rodgers shouldnt be an option. he is one year younger than Ben and frankly will look to be massively overpaid.

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude,....... I keep 5 lbs cookiN at all times. Come watch the game thursday night and you can drive the LUXURY S10 but you'd be after Coolie then Lunar but that's a blessing in itself as then Lunar has to take care of what Coolie causes me to have plastic covered seats...........................

WORD: Never drive S10 right after Coolie has ridden in it.

2nd WORD: The BACON is well worth whatever Coolie dishes out, as long as you are 2nd behind / ummmm to the side of him.

Salute the nation
Why don't you cook bacon in the bed of the luxury S10?

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Why don't you cook bacon in the bed of the luxury S10?

I use to all the time but only for special someone's. Hell I had Jen Swane lined up for a HOT saturday night but she cancelled due to something better, a explicit photo shoot with Coolie & Berm.

That broke my spirit and haven't been able to do it since (cook bacon in the box....... of the S10)

Salute the nation

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Not every team is lucky enough to replace Joe Montana with Steve Young, Brett Favre with Aaron Rodgers, or Mark Malone with Bubby Brister.
Ron wins this thread.

I predict Tolbert gets the smallest QB in the draft because he has heart, and can also line up as a corner if needed. You know, the Swiss army knife of the NCAA II.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
He needs validation for his vitriol against Roethlisberger and GOD knows we can't let Mike Tomlin try to coach a team WITHOUT a top tier QB. Jesus. What would happen?
LOL...Wig: master of the strawman argument. What do I care who Tomlin coaches or doesn't coach with. Are you a Fox News viewer, Newsmax, OANN? Why do I get the feeling you are well versed in non facts about what people say or do?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Ron wins this thread.

I predict Tolbert gets the smallest QB in the draft because he has heart, and can also line up as a corner if needed. You know, the Swiss army knife of the NCAA II.
Tombert likes them small speedy guys who can’t stay healthy.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you a Fox News viewer, Newsmax, OANN? Why do I get the feeling you are well versed in non facts about what people say or do?

The hell? Got outta here with that bullshit, Dong Sacker.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I am making booyah stew for dinner.

I started it in the firepit this morning. Whole chicken 2 lbs bacon 2 lbs short ribs and a pork loin.

From the summer garden- green beans tomatoes fava beans butternut squash kale garlic, summer squash.
Onions from the store

Lots of pepper and other seasonings.
Everything went in the pot around 930 this morning except the tomatoes and summer squash. those went in about 15 minutes ago.

Should be done around 530.

Last edited:

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

I started it in the firepit this morning. Whole chicken 2 lbs bacon 2 lbs short ribs and a pork loin.

From the summer garden- green beans tomatoes fava beans butternut squash kale garlic, summer squash.
Onions from the store

Everything went in the pot around 930 this morning except the tomatoes and summer squash. those went in about 15 minutes ago.

Dude, you're killing me here. I so wish I lived close to you right now, I'd be over all the time picking your brain about 'plant soil for growing veggies' and such. Yeah.

:p

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Onions from the store

Dang, if I show up in my "freshley" cleaned S10 can I have some ??

Sounds good Blitz and I like the garden stuff you grew and are now eating, congrats.!

Salute the nation

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, you're killing me here. I so wish I lived close to you right now, I'd be over all the time picking your brain about 'plant soil for growing veggies' and such. Yeah.

:p
you just need room.....

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers should probably aim more for a Gardner Minshew type. Nobody with pedigree is signing with the Steelers to have Matt Canada dictate to them. Not in this lifetime.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I think I Ben is gone next year just do a whole new start to everything
New coach no qb New oc.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The Steelers should probably aim more for a Gardner Minshew type. Nobody with pedigree is signing with the Steelers to have Matt Canada dictate to them. Not in this lifetime.
After going through all of the QB possibilities, of the realistic options I'd strongly consider Minshew. If the Eagles want to trade him, it could probably be for a late-round draft pick. He's put up pretty good numbers with an awful Jaguars team and while a bit of a clown, I'm curious to see what he'd do with a better franchise as a starter. At the very least, I'd feel better with Minshew as a stopgap QB opposed to Rudolph.

carbonsteel

Reaction score
A question:

Why would Aaron Rodgers want to play for the Steelers ?
Terrible coach, terrible game planning, terrible offensive line run blocking, terrible offensive line pass blocking, complete lack of adjustments.

He would lose his temper and snap before they completed training camp .