• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

7-5 and we found our QB for the rest of the season

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Was talking about Dionte Johnson. Duck's sack is a different story.

There was a great breakdown of Duck's negatives on Steeler Depot last week, stating he is quick to leave the pocket when he should step up. He ran away all 1st QTR and took a HUGE sack loss. form the 2nd QTR on, he stepped up. Big difference in performance there.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
There was a great breakdown of Duck's negatives on Steeler Depot last week, stating he is quick to leave the pocket when he should step up. He ran away all 1st QTR and took a HUGE sack loss. form the 2nd QTR on, he stepped up. Big difference in performance there.

Hodges and Rudolph have both been very good at running themselves into pressure this year. Too often they move backward rather than step up in the pocket to deliver a pass.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Have u seen Ben on the sidelines?, that extra $30M he got in his pocket this year is paying for a lot of snacks

He is well over 300 lbs, prob pushing 320.

He might hurt his wing again in camp and take another $30M in rehab next year, lol

Meanwhile, red nose was sitting on the end of the bench with his helmet on, pouting, head hanging down while JuJu and others were rushing up to congratulate Duck for big plays

Take your helmet off! You're never going back in! Listen with a headset for playcalls, you might learn something!

Duck!

Duck!

Duck!

He lit a fire under James Washington, and thats good enough for me
Umm, Ben Roethlisberger’s playing weight is listed at 240. Are you suggesting he has gained 60-80 lbs since week two? That would be epic Elvisesque!

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
Duck!

Duck!

Duck!

1818553_web1_gtr-Steelers08-091619.jpg

Mason: Did you know a duck could do that?
Ben: No. Hey Randy, did you know a duck could do that?
Randy: WTH? Mike, duck's can't do that, can they?
Tomlin: Was that a gut feeling or the cafeteria food?

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Need a tissue, cry baby. And yes Tomlin means more than just a coach to you. The only good part about a loss is you often disappear and steer clear of certain threads on Tomlin’s stupidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I was wrong.....you aren’t twelve, you act more like a 15 year old girl going through puberty. Dry your eyes little one, tomorrow is another day.

Oh, ok you’ve now moved on to stating you have clairvoyance ability and knows what the head coach of a professional football team means to someone else. Always talking, never thinking. Your true nomenclature.

And FYI, I’m on the board all the time, after a win or loss. The human social experiment that this board exhibits can be is pretty amazing. There is usually equal amounts of complaints and praise regardless if there is a win or loss. Additionally there is never a majority of opinions on hot topics. During the AB drama that occurred early this year and through out the summer (until he went full tilt in OAK), there were equal parts in the blaming of “why” or “how” it happened to the player or organization.

The majority of your posts don’t fall into any specific category other than “you think you are right because......” primarily your agenda methods are so easy to identify that a simpleton can see them.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
if he wins 3 games in a row is it considered a duck dynasty?

SteveA

Reaction score
Umm, Ben Roethlisberger’s playing weight is listed at 240. Are you suggesting he has gained 60-80 lbs since week two? That would be epic Elvisesque!

He's gained 30 maybe 40...he ain't 300, but he is tipping the scales at probably 275

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I think he also should have given himself up (Benny Snell style). Guys have to have situational awareness.

When you add the 40 seconds he gifted Cleveland to the seconds Duck gifted them it could have been the difference between a win and a loss.

Shouldn't it have been the responsibility of your hero Mike Tomlin (you know, the Coach-of-the Year candidate) to enhance Duck's situational awareness during the two-minute warning official TV timeout right before that very play?

Or you're just going to solely blame that gift on a rookie quarterback making his second career NFL start?

Cras108er

Reaction score
Shouldn't it have been the responsibility of your hero Mike Tomlin (you know, the Coach-of-the Year candidate) to enhance Duck's situational awareness during the two-minute warning official TV timeout right before that very play?

Or you're just going to solely blame that gift on a rookie quarterback making his second career NFL start?

Yep. Going to blame that on an NFL QB who has played football all his life. I am sure that matter has been addressed (both in practice situations before the game and since that error occurred, but I don’t hold the coach (any coach) responsible for every decision a player makes or doesn’t make. But of course that doesn’t fit your narrative.

Spike

Reaction score

Fake stats! lol

Have you SEEN him lately?

USATSI_13615868_168386999_lowres-696x464.jpg

Spike

Reaction score
if he wins 3 games in a row is it considered a duck dynasty?

Dude i wore a Duck Dynasty camo hat to the Steelers game at the Moose! Its a hoot!

We had a back table big screen all to ourselves and a Browns fan chirping all game, when Duck started his epic comeback me and my Steeler bud started with the duck calls after every play! Quack quack quack, shut all the peanut gallery the hell up, it was glorious! lololol

Have no idea where i got the hat, think maybe i found it years ago lying in the road or in a ditch, waited till now to ever wear it!!!!I

Destiny

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score

He did the same this week. He needs to learn how to step up and stop scrambling right. Hopefully this is corrected in film study throughout the week.

Spike

Reaction score
Duck don't need to change a thing

Devlin Hodges shares how he got ‘Duck’ nickname

“I got the nickname actually in college. A bunch of guys on the team were like, ‘if he’s duck, it’s duck season.’ My head coach started calling me ‘duck.’

devlin-duck-hodges.jpg

“Always behave like a duck. Keep calm and unruffled on the surface, but paddle like hell underwater.”

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/devlin-hodges-why-how-duck-nickname-story/518690

madinsomniac

Reaction score

“I got the nickname actually in college. A bunch of guys on the team were like, ‘if he’s duck, it’s duck season.’ My head coach started calling me ‘duck.’

devlin-duck-hodges.jpg

“Always behave like a duck. Keep calm and unruffled on the surface, but paddle like hell underwater.”

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/devlin-hodges-why-how-duck-nickname-story/518690

It’s a crying shame his nickname is not daredevil... i mean Devlin... come on its a low hanging piñata....

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

devlin-duck-hodges.jpg

Holy ****!!!! His head looks huge. Is that ok for QB's?

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. Going to blame that on an NFL QB who has played football all his life. I am sure that matter has been addressed (both in practice situations before the game and since that error occurred, but I don’t hold the coach (any coach) responsible for every decision a player makes or doesn’t make. But of course that doesn’t fit your narrative.

I don't hold the coach responsible for every decision, either. Just one like this.

It's great that you're "sure" it was addressed before and afterwards. Maybe it was or maybe it wasn't. The bottom line is you have a veteran NFL coach on the sidelines there presented with a GAME SITUATION, with plenty of time to do his job and prepare his young quarterback for THAT PARTICULAR PLAY late in the contest, and evidently he forgot. Or was too busy polishing his sunglasses during the two-minute warning. Or maybe it never crossed his mind in the first place. Who knows? Duck has done an outstanding job throwing the ball away when he's needed to thus far, which I'm SURE has been beaten into his brain as a prerequisite to manage the game. But he needed to be re-programmed for this specific instance. That's where he required some effective coaching.

You're just like every other Tomlin nuthugger: Tomlin Rulz!, but yet he is never responsible for anything that goes wrong. That clearly fits YOUR narrative.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
i have a feeling Rudolph will play again this year unless Duck has some great games.