• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017 NFL Draft Q&A

Suitanim

Reaction score
Hi TMC....Old School. I still have your printed draft guide from like 2006 or something. You were pretty much just as right (and wrong) as everyone else (NFL GM's included) and that is about the highest praise any single prognosticator could ever hope for. Cheers!

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi TMC....Old School. I still have your printed draft guide from like 2006 or something. You were pretty much just as right (and wrong) as everyone else (NFL GM's included) and that is about the highest praise any single prognosticator could ever hope for. Cheers!

Holy ****, Suit!!? How you been buddy

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score

Good to see you again Suit. Surprised I was right at all. Just write what I see.

Suitanim

Reaction score
Good good good...So many fond memories, and I figured I'd pop back in for the most unpredictable draft in NFL history.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Good good good...So many fond memories, and I figured I'd pop back in for the most unpredictable draft in NFL history.

Yeah man, for sure. I often wondered what happened to you. Glad to see Cheryl's post gave ya the SN itch hah.

Suitanim

Reaction score
that douche has been polluting this site for quite a while

I was under the impression that he came "out of the woodwork". Probably should have known better...regardless, some things never change.

Suitanim

Reaction score
But, back to football...I love this draft. EVERY SINGLE prognosticator will be wrong. It's the most unpredictable I've ever witnessed, which makes it more fun than usual....

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Suit is back?!

**** this.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Gareon Conley is fully cooperating with the police and will willingly submit a DNA sample on Monday.

Suitanim

Reaction score
Gareon Conley is fully cooperating with the police and will willingly submit a DNA sample on Monday.

Cleveland FOX affiliate had video from the bar that was already showing that the woman's story was off. But I am not forgiving him until all the facts are out. If he did it he should be locked up for 25 years, but if this was gold digging?

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Cleveland FOX affiliate had video from the bar that was already showing that the woman's story was off. But I am not forgiving him until all the facts are out. If he did it he should be locked up for 25 years, but if this was gold digging?

I'd have a huge hard on if we got him in the third. I think he's def innocent.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score

Yeah, I stated somewhere, maybe in this thread that there was a person that ran NFL Draft Diamonds that got the police report and the names. He called everyone on the police report and spoke to all the witnesses that gave a COMPLETELY different account. Said she gave Conley oral sex and when he was done, he told her to leave. She was taking down her pants. Never had intercourse. The other girl in the room was leaving too, in the hall, alleged victim tried to get her to claim they were both raped.

In addition, apparently the alleged victim's boyfriend has called the guy at NDD as well. So, she went to the room while dating someone else.

Suitanim

Reaction score
Yeah, I stated somewhere, maybe in this thread that there was a person that ran NFL Draft Diamonds that got the police report and the names. He called everyone on the police report and spoke to all the witnesses that gave a COMPLETELY different account. Said she gave Conley oral sex and when he was done, he told her to leave. She was taking down her pants. Never had intercourse. The other girl in the room was leaving too, in the hall, alleged victim tried to get her to claim they were both raped.

In addition, apparently the alleged victim's boyfriend has called the guy at NDD as well. So, she went to the room while dating someone else.

Regardless, when you are DAYS away from a multi-million dollar contract, just stay home and hang out with your mom or whatever. Nothing good will come from being out with your posse in da club.

keslerclan

Reaction score
Welcome back Suit!

Question for TMC...way earlier in the thread, you had a nice write up on "which direction" the team might go with OLB (pure pass rusher vs athletic mobility). NOW, that the team has taken the latter in Watt, who I think as you could impact as a rookie with some of his flex appeal, (being able to come in in some 3-3-5 type flex sets), WHO, IYO fits the next step in that line of thinking?

Obviously, any DB who can play MAN, Press or OFF coverage in disguise who gives us even more "flex appeal" is my take BUT who might be available who fits? (unless you see it differently?)

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score

Dave posts an SN history thread and the past comes back. Not a bad week for SN. Welcome back Suit

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Welcome back Suit!

Question for TMC...way earlier in the thread, you had a nice write up on "which direction" the team might go with OLB (pure pass rusher vs athletic mobility). NOW, that the team has taken the latter in Watt, who I think as you could impact as a rookie with some of his flex appeal, (being able to come in in some 3-3-5 type flex sets), WHO, IYO fits the next step in that line of thinking?

Obviously, any DB who can play MAN, Press or OFF coverage in disguise who gives us even more "flex appeal" is my take BUT who might be available who fits? (unless you see it differently?)

Well, this really becomes a question of how do you want to skin this cat. So, we need an edge corner to upgrade Cockrell. We could use a slot corner to challenge Golson or Gay. We could use a 3rd safety that can cover TEs and potentially move to FS to replace Mitchell. But, that replace Mitchell is likely 2-years away, so it really becomes a back burner issue. So, I'm looking for guys that can play outside, inside, small WRs or bigger TEs, potential future FS. Guys that can do 2 or more of those things, they move up the list.

My #1 guy remains Chidobe Awuzie. At 6'-202, he runs well enough, plays the slot, has the length to handle TEs, hits like a safety, smart, physical. If you draft a guy like Awuzie, in the 3rd, if an edge corner is there, Awuzie can play inside. If an inside corner is there, Awuzie can play outside. He just makes your later picks more valuable. If I am stuck with a corner that only plays outside, I am pigeonholed later to an inside guy.

So, I like Awuzie. I like Budda Baker. He can cover the small slots like Edelman, played some edge corner, played as a deep FS (future Mitchell replacement), and played strong. Give me those chess pieces. Cam Sutton is in the conversation. Josh Jones is as well. John Johnson. Rayshawn Jenkins. All can either play as a safety or potentially cover a TE/slot. They get less polished as you move down the list though.

You can also look at edge CBs. Sidney Jones is a first round talent. Injured, but may be the top CB in this draft when healthy. It is a gamble. Kevin King is there. Quincy Wilson. Fabian Moreau (another chess piece). Rasul Douglas. Ahkello Witherspoon. Shaquill Griffin. Howard Wilson. All edge potential guys that could give valuable minutes as rookies and might develop enough to start.

Then you have underneath or potential slot guys like Teez Tabor, Jourdan Lewis, Damontae Kazee, Corn Elder, William Likely, etc.

You could also think about drafting a pure FS and walking Mitchell down. There is Marcus Williams, Tedric Thompson, or Delano Hill. Maybe you just want a big safety as a $backer, you can look at Obi Melinfonwu, Josh Harvey-Clemons, or Jerome Lorenzo.

They can go in a lot of ways, but my goal in the 2nd would be to nab a guy that can open up this defense, be moved around to cover warts and be good enough when they move that if they line up in the slot, teams think they have the slot. Then, after the snap, maybe they drop and have a deep half. For me, the top two are Awuzie and Baker. The big knock on Baker is size.

ZACKB

Reaction score
We signed Sensanbaugh to compete with Golson. I think slot cb isn't necessarily a big priority. I want the starting edge corner who can compete with Cockrell. Awuzie and Moreau are my choices. Sydney jones if we stay put and don't move up.

Well, this really becomes a question of how do you want to skin this cat. So, we need an edge corner to upgrade Cockrell. We could use a slot corner to challenge Golson or Gay. We could use a 3rd safety that can cover TEs and potentially move to FS to replace Mitchell. But, that replace Mitchell is likely 2-years away, so it really becomes a back burner issue. So, I'm looking for guys that can play outside, inside, small WRs or bigger TEs, potential future FS. Guys that can do 2 or more of those things, they move up the list.

My #1 guy remains Chidobe Awuzie. At 6'-202, he runs well enough, plays the slot, has the length to handle TEs, hits like a safety, smart, physical. If you draft a guy like Awuzie, in the 3rd, if an edge corner is there, Awuzie can play inside. If an inside corner is there, Awuzie can play outside. He just makes your later picks more valuable. If I am stuck with a corner that only plays outside, I am pigeonholed later to an inside guy.

So, I like Awuzie. I like Budda Baker. He can cover the small slots like Edelman, played some edge corner, played as a deep FS (future Mitchell replacement), and played strong. Give me those chess pieces. Cam Sutton is in the conversation. Josh Jones is as well. John Johnson. Rayshawn Jenkins. All can either play as a safety or potentially cover a TE/slot. They get less polished as you move down the list though.

You can also look at edge CBs. Sidney Jones is a first round talent. Injured, but may be the top CB in this draft when healthy. It is a gamble. Kevin King is there. Quincy Wilson. Fabian Moreau (another chess piece). Rasul Douglas. Ahkello Witherspoon. Shaquill Griffin. Howard Wilson. All edge potential guys that could give valuable minutes as rookies and might develop enough to start.

Then you have underneath or potential slot guys like Teez Tabor, Jourdan Lewis, Damontae Kazee, Corn Elder, William Likely, etc.

You could also think about drafting a pure FS and walking Mitchell down. There is Marcus Williams, Tedric Thompson, or Delano Hill. Maybe you just want a big safety as a $backer, you can look at Obi Melinfonwu, Josh Harvey-Clemons, or Jerome Lorenzo.

They can go in a lot of ways, but my goal in the 2nd would be to nab a guy that can open up this defense, be moved around to cover warts and be good enough when they move that if they line up in the slot, teams think they have the slot. Then, after the snap, maybe they drop and have a deep half. For me, the top two are Awuzie and Baker. The big knock on Baker is size.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Tankersley is a top option too

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
We signed Sensanbaugh to compete with Golson. I think slot cb isn't necessarily a big priority. I want the starting edge corner who can compete with Cockrell. Awuzie and Moreau are my choices. Sydney jones if we stay put and don't move up.

I like Sensabaugh and I hope he can bounce back and show the prowess he did as a slot corner in Tennessee, but you hope for the best and plan for the worst. He will be 29 in November and is signed for 2-years. That is a stop-gap move. Golson's next meaningful NFL snap will be his first. If I have a chance to solidify a position with a talented rookie and he is the best player on the board, I do it. I think this draft is deeper at long-edge corners than it is with corners that have slot potential.

ZACKB

Reaction score
Cam Sutton in rd 3 could be a nice slot option. Another weird idea...what if Cunningham drops to us. He is an ILB, but very good. would we take him? I may not be on board with a slot corner in rd 2, but I do like Budda and he is a hell of a player.