• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Pirates thread

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Forgot about Kang ..... my bad ... duh.

For anybody going to Wed's game - need to start chanting Arrieta's name like the fans did to Cueto 2 years ago.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Arrieta is getting a tad cocky with Bucco fans on twitter in regards to the Blackout Wed night. Said something on the lines that whatever they feel they need to do, will not make a difference. I hope we shell him by the 3rd inning.

clinton

Reaction score
Arrieta is getting a tad cocky with Bucco fans on twitter in regards to the Blackout Wed night. Said something on the lines that whatever they feel they need to do, will not make a difference. I hope we shell him by the 3rd inning.

i doubt that happens, only hope i see is that cole keeps them off the board and we get to their bullpen late.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
i doubt that happens, only hope i see is that cole keeps them off the board and we get to their bullpen late.

well, I do, too, but the quicker he exits the game, the better chance the Bucs have scoring runs. I know the doubt that they can hit him is there, but they have to be patient and disciplined not to chase pitches in the dirt.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Yep the biggest thing for The pirates is to take a long look at all of his games vs us this year and be patient.. point out the way he attacked each batter most often and have them sit on a pitch he is likely to throw early. a few runs should win it. At best you get some hits on him and get him out early... our bullpen should be able to outlast theirs

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Also if the pirate fans want to go the low blow classless route... chant, "STEROIDS SUCK" or STER_ROID_USE_SER..... either would imply that Arietta's sudden magical turnaround was PED based and correct or not should throw him into an angry tizzy... Angry and Unfocused would be a bad thing for a pitcher like him.....

steelermania

Reaction score
Also if the pirate fans want to go the low blow classless route... chant, "STEROIDS SUCK" or STER_ROID_USE_SER..... either would imply that Arietta's sudden magical turnaround was PED based and correct or not should throw him into an angry tizzy... Angry and Unfocused would be a bad thing for a pitcher like him.....

That kind of **** works against the weak-minded. It also could backfire and make him even more focused.

swal75

Reaction score
29th pick in the 2016 draft, 4th seed in the NL...so so dumb

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
29th pick in the 2016 draft, 4th seed in the NL...so so dumb

huh? Are you saying they are dumb for winning games? They had the 2nd best record in the league and ended up two games from overtaking the Cards. One of the best seasons ever by a Pirate team.

Buster

Reaction score
He is saying they are the second best team in baseball, but the 4th seed in the NL. That is what's dumb.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Just think, not getting swept a time or two by ****** teams (Milwaukee comes to mind) and we are waiting to see who the Bucs play in the NLDS. Cripes, the Bucs should have had 105 wins this year. While I am glad they have a chance, hosting the NLDS would have been better.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I have tried real hard to not think about all the ones that got away. The blown saves, poor base running, terrible division record, etc. The great equalizer is the injuries the Cardinals had. They could easily of had 7-10+ more wins. They need to find a way to win Wed. It's time for experience to shine through.

clinton

Reaction score
I have tried real hard to not think about all the ones that got away. The blown saves, poor base running, terrible division record, etc. The great equalizer is the injuries the Cardinals had. They could easily of had 7-10+ more wins. They need to find a way to win Wed. It's time for experience to shine through.
polanco falling down in rf.....the list goes on

swal75

Reaction score
Ok, but 29th pick in the 2016 draft threw me off then.

Yeah, we get stuck with a 1 game playoff and will pick next to last in the first round next year. The whole seeding/divisional process is stupid.

Steelers Rule!

Reaction score

How about chanting FOR the Bucs? Everyone in the stadium chanting Jung Ho Kang, to remind them how the Cubs took him out. Might work better.

Reactions: JMM

clinton

Reaction score
How about chanting FOR the Bucs? Everyone in the stadium chanting Jung Ho Kang, to remind them how the Cubs took him out. Might work better.

seriously? you know what WILL work? playing F'n good, pitching good, hitting good. Everything else is ridiculous and mouth breatherish

Steelers Rule!

Reaction score
seriously? you know what WILL work? playing F'n good, pitching good, hitting good. Everything else is ridiculous and mouth breatherish

Tell that to the 40,000+ chanting Cueto two years ago.

madinsomniac

Reaction score

Mental blips decide more baseball games than you realize... throwers get the yips... pitchers get wild... hitters overthink.... the mental aspect of baseball is huge... if you can find a distraction, it often works to one's advantage

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
I thought the 29th pick was just an estimate based on the regular season. I thought they reseeded after playoffs with World series winner getting last pick.

swal75

Reaction score
It's likely we won't pick 29th due to other teams in front of us signing compensation free agents. So maybe 24th or so. But they don't reseed based on playoffs. SF won the WS and picked 18th.

Beavis

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think the Pirates are the Bengals of baseball. *vomits*

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think the Pirates are the Bengals of baseball. *vomits*
Well the pirates have had terrible luck the last two years. They had the second best record in baseball this year and had to face a one game elimination against a pitcher who was on a historic run. The year before they also played against a pitcher who had one of the best post seasons ever. If the pirates got to play a 3-5-7 game series i think they would have done much better.

swal75

Reaction score
Will miss Pedro a bit, but he was a pretty frustrating player.