• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
It's been longer than since last spring............been notorious for trying to nurse slime leads through far too many minutes for a few years now......they don't have the D for that stuff.........and you can NOT allow any team to outshoot you that badly and expect to win. WTF, it becomes a matter of the law of averages.

BUT.....they do look interested at least until they turtled and that's all coach, who by the way needed to utilize his TO when Letang flipped that puck into the upper deck at the other end of the ice. I am loving the effort from Perron (deserves to score a couple), Cole, Cullen and Bonino. Those guys are hustling and playing well...........not sure why Clendening was scratched? Like to see what he's got. Is Farnham gone?

Scuderi had an opportunity to score last night iirc......wonder what the Vegas odds are that he AND Lovejoy score in the same game?

I've been wondering about Farnham too. Where is he? The guy was another one who played with intensity. I will say the Pens conservative type hockey in the 3rd became a lot more noticeable last spring, probably because the talent before masked that problem. During that game against the Caps, Orpik showed some grit. The Pens need that type of attitude. It is coaching. In my opinion I do believe Johnston is a good coach, he just isnt aggressive enough to kinda impact his plan

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
*Another note. Pens are too finesse. They need some physicality

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been wondering about Farnham too. Where is he? The guy was another one who played with intensity. I will say the Pens conservative type hockey in the 3rd became a lot more noticeable last spring, probably because the talent before masked that problem. During that game against the Caps, Orpik showed some grit. The Pens need that type of attitude. It is coaching. In my opinion I do believe Johnston is a good coach, he just isnt aggressive enough to kinda impact his plan

Isnt it Rick Tocchets role to provide the intensity piece of the equation?

Or is he sandbagging Johnston?

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score

Farnham picked up on waivers by another team. Don't remember which. He be gone.

Sorry, Rod just reported it.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Farnham picked up on waivers by another team. Don't remember which. He be gone.

Sorry, Rod just reported it.

Thanks guys. Damn don't the Pens let go of some potential. Cullen is coming into his own. That shot was beautiful. Hold on for one more period and a three game win streak

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Isnt it Rick Tocchets role to provide the intensity piece of the equation?

Or is he sandbagging Johnston?

No clue. Something attitude wise is missing from this team

I do have to say however is Johnston is too laid back. Thats my only knock on the guy

Spike

Reaction score
Fehr Plotnikov Cullen - best line on the ice

Lord Fleury gets the shutout and an assist

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Great game by Fleury! Shut out #2 on the season
And nice goal by Horny!(My fave player on this roster right now)
And Fehr had a nice goal himself

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I was wondering when we would get Fehr into the line-up and BOOM!, he scored last night. First game with the Pens. Not a bad debut. They are slowly racking up wins. Not works of art, but they are getting it done. That's all we can ask for at this point.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking forward to seeing Fehr in B&G. Nice to see some size and grit in the lineup.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Damn don't the Pens let go of some potential. Cullen is coming into his own. That shot was beautiful. Hold on for one more period and a three game win streak

Meh.....see the article I posted. Farnham was cool and a very speedy guy but he wasn't gonna be worth the PIM's he was gonna log. Cullen has looked very good.

I was looking forward to seeing Fehr in B&G. Nice to see some size and grit in the lineup.

He's gonna free up his line mates. I was pumped to see he was in the line up......he had two take aways before he scored and his Loooong reach played a role in all 3 instances..... honestly I had forgotten all about the guy until last night. 19 G last year and +49 career!
Errey referred to his desire to play C in Wash. and when they let him he played well, so the guy can play anywhere. Very nice add!

Great to see Cullen get on the board. It's going to be great to have 3rd and 4h lines that can score.

My son referred to Scude's last night as "an anchor that Maatta has to drag around the ice." This defense needs help badly and we discussed possible trade bait.......he suggested they might be looking at Kunitz and or Perron in exchange for a d man. I'd be okay with it....

I LOVE the way Perron is playing , but man you're seriously snake bit when you can't tap home a near empty netter.

Fleury wants the Vezina!

They're starting to click offensively. True, Bernier's no Patrick Roy but it's nice to get some scoring confidence. As these guys get better acquainted with each other this could become a truly formidable offense.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like the team is clicking. The D is still iffy. But slowly improving. I do agree that Maata is picking up too much slack for Scuderi. Same with Lovejoy. The opposing offense just skates right past him.

Farnham did dial in a good game with New Jersey last night. I liked him speedy and gritty. Fehr is the same way. I like him. Hopefully these guys keep it together. The talent is there

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Damn WC games! Sounds like I missed a good one.......went to bed after Perron finally shot the monkey. Fehr with another shorty? Last guy to do that back to back? 2006 Ryan Malone.

Still letting teams back in late though I see...............gotta fix that.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn WC games! Sounds like I missed a good one.......went to bed after Perron finally shot the monkey. Fehr with another shorty? Last guy to do that back to back? 2006 Ryan Malone.

Still letting teams back in late though I see...............gotta fix that.

5 game win streak. Sid finally scored too. Still think the D needs to learn 60 minute hockey

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't get to see the game. Looks like a good one. What happened with that first period goal that I got notified of on my phone?

Spike

Reaction score
Pens 2, Oilers 1.... there are no style points in hockey. Kessel was moved to Malkin's line. Kunitz did get demoted to the third line. They did give Sprong an opportunity to prove himself with the team.

Most of our defensemen can't move the puck to the forwards who in turn are struggling to generate legit scoring chances. Despite all these things, they're winning

Jason Mackey ✔ @Mackey_Trib
GM Jim Rutherford said Dupuis' tests came back negative, but they'll still hold him out tomorrow.

Rod Farva

Reaction score

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Didn't get to see the game. Looks like a good one. What happened with that first period goal that I got notified of on my phone?

EDM challenged the play was off-sides and the goal was overturned. Horny had both skates into the zone before the puck made it over. Was pretty clear off-sides.

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
James Neal can go **** himself. He's got to be one of the dirtiest ******** in the game. Glad the Pens got rid of his ***.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
James Neal can go **** himself. He's got to be one of the dirtiest ******** in the game. Glad the Pens got rid of his ***.

what he do?

nevermind, I saw it. Pretty cheap hit on a player engaged with another player. He should be sitting for a handful of games. Seemed like he was a bull in a China shop in the that game against the Wild.

Last edited:

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. What a damn shame. I hope he's okay.....guess this is one of those things that once someone has it the potential for recurrence is pretty high?

I think Dupe needs to hang up the skates :(

Agreed. It is a damn shame. Dupers is a damn good Penguin. Sprong has played well. Give the kid a full go. Now lets beat Calgary tonight

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I'm trying to get into this hockey season. I'm completely unmotivated and uninspired.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to get into this hockey season. I'm completely unmotivated and uninspired.

Really? Hockey imo is so much better than football. Love my Steelers. But Pens always first. Less drama and over exaggeration in hockey. The NFL loves soap opera headlines. Where in hockey everything is determined on the game. Still a long season. On to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.