• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Rush up ice (in my best Mora voice)? They can't even get out of their defensive zone a large part of the time. Hopefully this improves as Letang reaclimates and Dupers gets his stride back. Not sure either is ever gonna be what they once were though.

Kunitz should stay. As a 4th liner.....or go, I don't care. He does still get in the paint and agitates though.

They need to trade for a D man of some repute.....I think they might be showcasing Rust and or Benigno (sadly because those two have heart.)

How do you allow someone to do what Demers did the other night and have no response? This team needs some toughness and has for a long time.

Apparently worked on the PP today at practice.......necessary. Clendening splitting time in 3rd pairing.

Bennett may be back very soon.

There's hope.

Spike

Reaction score
Malkin looks good with Kessel, so there's that.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Sergei Gonchar accepted the position of a Defensemen Development position with the Pens. He will work with the Pens and all the minor league affiliates to mentor and develop the Dmen, as well as some scouting.

Glad he is staying within the organization. Seems like a good guy and should keep Geno happy.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
yep - Scuderi and Lovejoy are horrible The Pen are even worse than the Steelers when it comes to playing young guys. Where's Pouliot and Clendening? This team is getting older and slower.

Have to just get rid of Scudjoy and Kunitz, because if they are on the team, nobody will bench them, no matter how bad they play.

The ego comes from thinking they just have to step on the ice and teams will give up.

We have one of the best offensive groups in the league and a questionable defensive group. Play to maximize your strengths, not to minimize your weaknesses. MJ is coaching not to lose instead of coaching to win by stifling the offense and playing a dump and chase game, NOT one of the Pens strengths. Everyone is floating around looking to snipe and nobody is going in to fight for the puck on the boards.

Oh - and the rush up the ice that teams used to fear isn't happening either - seems to have disappeared

Agreed! I think Kunitz is still dependable however as long as he has short shifts. Lovejoy and Scuderi are too slow to even make an impact. And now the Pens bring in Gonchar?! *sigh*

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Sergei Gonchar accepted the position of a Defensemen Development position with the Pens. He will work with the Pens and all the minor league affiliates to mentor and develop the Dmen, as well as some scouting.

Glad he is staying within the organization. Seems like a good guy and should keep Geno happy.

I like Gonchar but I don't think he can offer much assistance at this point. If anything he should tell Johnston to play the younger Dmen. But if his leadership can make an impact then lets do it

Spike

Reaction score
I got a feeling they are gonna get run out of DC on a rail.

They are a rougher bunch than our divas

I'll take a wild guess

4-2 Caps

Ovechkin

Ovechkin, Orpik, Oshie Oh my

Reactions: MTC

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope that the Penguins will learn, before it's too late, that it is a good idea to get your younger players acclimated toward the beginning of the season......instead of inserting inexperienced kids during the playoffs.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
You do realize he won't be playing? it is more of a coaching role.

Yes! I know. I just don't think nothing can fix this Defensive unit. The Pens are what they are. That 5 on 3 power play just now vs the Caps was horrible

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope that the Penguins will learn, before it's too late, that it is a good idea to get your younger players acclimated toward the beginning of the season......instead of inserting inexperienced kids during the playoffs.

That I agree. Sprong will be better. If Bennett can stay healthy, he looks like he's making a presence. In fact Bennets line has looked good tonight. Ian Cole is looking solid as well. Hopefully these guys can get it together.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Very good game from the Pens, especially Fleury. He won that game for them. Got some offense in the 3rd, and a big, big win. Hope they can keep it rolling.

Spike

Reaction score
Fleury was in full blown God mode, no doubt....it was a miracle win with all the shots around the net right in his face.

Horny is the only one with any fight on this team...MJ has built a ***** team and no one hesitates to get in extra hits because they have no muscle to do anything about it.

Time to take Letang off the #1 PP - he looks horrible, 5 on 3 and they barely get a chance

Sid's head is still in the clouds - we don't need him to be the one acting crazy with cheapshots and starting fights - that's not helping

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Need an enforcer, but one that can actually play and not take dumb penalties. And not just bounce off ovechkin.

That was a very good game, imo. Seemed everyone was playing both ends and being smart. Fleury was phenomenal. Hell, even Scuds and LJ looked decent. Bennett being back is great. Damn nice mt netter Benino! #11 was flying around making plays.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Really enjoyed the win. There are a lot of players in the right position to take it to the next level, IMO.

They are not that for from being very powerful.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Really enjoyed the win. There are a lot of players in the right position to take it to the next level, IMO.

They are not that for from being very powerful.

They arent. I take back what I said about Gonchar. D play was a little sloppy. But improved. Kessell has been decent. Horny #72. The guy loves to play. Probably my fave Penguin right now

Spike

Reaction score
Buffalo Bylsmas tonight. Zatkoff to start

Sid pointless in 8 of 9 games so far, rotating Kunitz and Duper on his wing over and over - not a plan

We'll see what they can do when they don't have Fleury to save their *****

Last edited:

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
WTF was that **** in the 3rd? Getting outshot 24-4? Really? Way to play not to lose. That was sorry.

Still got the win. But then, it was Buffalo. Do that **** against any team worth a crap and you will lose. Not a good strategy IMHO.

Spike

Reaction score
another miracle win! Lovejoy scores!

Zatkoff came up real big. 50 saves! ha ha didn't think he had that in him. Oh well a win is a win

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Lovejoy freakin scored!!! Still in shock. And to Sarge, agreed. They let up again in the 3rd period. The Pens play gets conservative when they have the lead in the 3rd. Something they have been doing since last spring

Rod Farva

Reaction score
It's been longer than since last spring............been notorious for trying to nurse slime leads through far too many minutes for a few years now......they don't have the D for that stuff.........and you can NOT allow any team to outshoot you that badly and expect to win. WTF, it becomes a matter of the law of averages.

BUT.....they do look interested at least until they turtled and that's all coach, who by the way needed to utilize his TO when Letang flipped that puck into the upper deck at the other end of the ice. I am loving the effort from Perron (deserves to score a couple), Cole, Cullen and Bonino. Those guys are hustling and playing well...........not sure why Clendening was scratched? Like to see what he's got. Is Farnham gone?

Scuderi had an opportunity to score last night iirc......wonder what the Vegas odds are that he AND Lovejoy score in the same game?

Status
Not open for further replies.