• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Yes, it is only practice...

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
So in other words he didn't do anything. Not even an assisted tackle. DL players that think sack every play tend to over run people.

Getting tackles was a strong point of Oliver in college. Remember what I said, he's facing weak competition anymore.

Let's see if he can get one in his next pre-season game. I'll go out on a limb and say he will! Until then, former Steeler LT Walton had three tackles last night for the Bills.

oh shut the hell up...he handled double teams well,

and how many plays did Walton get? Ed played 11.. he got good pressure. On the play I linked he shoved the OL back into the QB. He handled double teams well and several plays he was right at the tackle when it happened on the other side of the field and if he was Ray Ray he would have gotten at least one tackle for jumping on the pile.

Much like his college career, you didn't see him play so you really can not comment much...but you will since you are a jackass

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Metcalf had 4 targets and 1 catch for 8 yards in 26 snaps. Not much to crow about.

I'm glad we took who we took and when we took them.

Sounds like a Dennis Green ommerial............... Chit

Salute the nation

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
a little analysis of Oliver's first NFL game.

The 4th play they show ( the one right after he misses the sack) it does look like he possibly should have gotten at least an assist on the tackle.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
oh shut the hell up...he handled double teams well,

and how many plays did Walton get? Ed played 11.. he got good pressure. On the play I linked he shoved the OL back into the QB. He handled double teams well and several plays he was right at the tackle when it happened on the other side of the field and if he was Ray Ray he would have gotten at least one tackle for jumping on the pile.

Much like his college career, you didn't see him play so you really can not comment much...but you will since you are a jackass

Wait, you said
" I don't give a ****.....
" But we know you really do. :yuck:

It's funny that a Steeler cast off in Walton had 3 tackles in a game and their first round pick had none. Worry not, he won't have any jacket issues in Buffalo.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
a little analysis of Oliver's first NFL game.

The 4th play they show ( the one right after he misses the sack) it does look like he possibly should have gotten at least an assist on the tackle.

Bottom feeding now? Jarvis Jones misses sacks too.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Wait, you said " But we know you really do. [/COLOR]:yuck:

It's funny that a Steeler cast off in Walton had 3 tackles in a game and their first round pick had none. Worry not, he won't have any jacket issues in Buffalo.

obviously my "I don't give a ****" was about the fact that many here won't care about my post, not that I don't care how Oliver performs.....********

as for your opinion on Oliver...well you wrong about him already so it is likely you are wrong again.

I didn't count the snaps for Walton since I don't care how he does, but I would bet it was more than 11 snaps and that he was not playing against the starting OL like Oliver was. Quenton Nelson is a pretty good quality guard and Oliver held his own.

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Fear not Coolie. I think Ed will pop his cherry and get a tackle soon!

Larry Donald who you used to compare him to he is not!

Wanna predict how many sacks he’ll get this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Fear not Coolie. I think Ed will pop his cherry and get a tackle soon!

Larry Donald who you used to compare him to he is not!

Wanna predict how many sacks he’ll get this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I never compared him to any NFL player...much less Larry Donald (whoever the **** that is)

YOU compared him to Aaron Donald, saying Oliver would measure out smaller....but he didn't

as for sacks, he will get more than zero and less than 100

Last edited:

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Larry Donald? I think Coach is waking up to early in the day to communicate effectively.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I never compared him to any NFL player...much less Larry Donald (whoever the **** that is)

YOU compared him to Aaron Donald, saying Oliver would measure out smaller....but he didn't

as for sacks, he will get more than zero and less than 100

Yes Arron Donald. You said they had similar size. Don't use the two in the same sentence until Oliver does something in the NFL near what Donald has.

Two pre-season games, zero tackles. No sacks either. We'll see what happens in the 3rd pre-season game.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Had you watched any of the film (I know im asking a lot) from the link you provided. You would have seen that Oliver played only the 1st quarter where the time of possession was dominated by the bills. He had a pass batted down. And it looks like the panthers couldn't do much
to drive the ball. So, AGAIN, you prove the adage: " Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt".

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
6.5 sacks Drink Iron??? The best he could ever do was 5.5 sacks in college...not in the SEC or Big ten, but in the AAC.

He's not playing East Carolina or Navy ( where his only sacks came from his last season ). This is the NFL.

I say under 6/5 sacks.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Had you watched any of the film (I know im asking a lot) from the link you provided. You would have seen that Oliver played only the 1st quarter where the time of possession was dominated by the bills. He had a pass batted down. And it looks like the panthers couldn't do much
to drive the ball. So, AGAIN, you prove the adage: " Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt".

No I did not see that pre-season game. My point that he did not make one tackle in either pre-season games stands.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Yes Arron Donald. You said they had similar size. Don't use the two in the same sentence until Oliver does something in the NFL near what Donald has.

Two pre-season games, zero tackles. No sacks either. We'll see what happens in the 3rd pre-season game.

Aaron Donald (not Larry) and Ed Oliver are very similar in size, this is a fact. Now are they the same type of player, that is yet to be seen.

Oliver didn't have a tackle in his limited play time but did have a PD on a 3rd and short to get the Bills defense off the field....

He did not get a lot of pressure last night and most the running plays were to the outside.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I said I did not watch the game. Does a highlight clip equal watching a game? SMH

he stated "if you had watched any of the film" Not did you watch the whole game. YOU provided a link to the highlights of the game which included a PD by Oliver on Carolina's 3rd down play.

Aaron Donald and Ed Oliver are players in the NFL

If not for Aaron Donald's success, Ed Oliver would not have been drafted #9 overall.

just a few more sentences with AD and Oliver mentioned together.