• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why haven't the Steelers won a playoff game in four years?

You may vote more then once. Why havent the Steelers won a playoff game in 4 years?

• Bad coaching, cap management, and free agency / drafting

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • A limited pass rush and poor coverage players in the defensive back field

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • A shaky offensive and defensive line

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Injuries, bad officiating, and a tough schedule

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other. State your reason

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spike

Reaction score
I heard every time you mention Arks name a butterfly dies in Africa

oops

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
The Denver game we had a ****** defensive gameplan. We played to stop the run and sold out on it and they torched us.

v the Rats, I think the team came out flat and couldn't play catch up. It looked like we had expended all of our good football chasing down the division title. Maybe it would have been better if we had not won the division and went on the road. Hard to say. We will be a better football team next year.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't seen a play-off game in the last four + years that didn't make me scratch my head. The game plans have been odd, to put it mildly.

When you have the league's best passer and AB, Heath, etc., you pass. We came out in that game running. I felt bad about it from the get go. That first series was an embarrassment. Yet, it was the whole game, until we were down by 15 and decided to play our best game. Huh?

I was at the Denver game. Why we let Timmy hang around is beyond me. I know that they wanted to keep him in the pocket as a passer, but their pocket was legit. How about collapsing that pocket so he has to chuck it up?

It seems that there are no adjustments for the urgency of play off play.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Because at the end of the games, the Steelers score has been lower that that of their opponents.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Big picture I think it's our approach to cap management and how to build a team around a 100 million dollar qb didn't work. Jumping ahead how do we resign Ben, bell, brown, Bryant, and still field a good defense. They way we are doing it I don't think you can. We must go to a system based defense that doesn't relie on "stars" where you can plug and unplug players in and out. The days of paying players like Woodley and Timmons 10 mill whether they deserves it or not are over. You need to be able to plug in another player.

Vader

Reaction score
Big picture I think it's our approach to cap management and how to build a team around a 100 million dollar qb didn't work. Jumping ahead how do we resign Ben, bell, brown, Bryant, and still field a good defense. They way we are doing it I don't think you can. We must go to a system based defense that doesn't relie on "stars" where you can plug and unplug players in and out. The days of paying players like Woodley and Timmons 10 mill whether they deserves it or not are over. You need to be able to plug in another player.

This makes no sense to me. There are no defenses that are just plug and play with less talent. It's always going to be about talent. If you think you can cover WRs in today's NFL with a bunch of nobodies then you are sadly mistaken. Also the NFL not only has a cap but also a floor. Every team must spend X amount of dollars every year. So the days of paying Woodley and Timmons are not over. They will pay Ben a lot more than $10 Million and when they find the next great OLB they'll pay him a ton as well.

Ben had nothing to do with how badly this team has drafted. Even if they had more cap space a few years ago they'd just re-sign more of their players.. that's how they work and it won't change.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude look at the Cowboys.. Dumped big money like the dude that went to Denver.. Seattle they don't have anyone in the top twenty in tackles saks or interceptions. They had really good players leave, big fan favs and they keep on winning. They don't play any one man line bullshit they just pound it... And they win..Like we use to...

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Because we weren't in the playoffs for 2 of those years?

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude look at the Cowboys.. Dumped big money like the dude that went to Denver.. Seattle they don't have anyone in the top twenty in tackles saks or interceptions. They had really good players leave, big fan favs and they keep on winning. They don't play any one man line bullshit they just pound it... And they win..Like we use to...

wait until Wilson gets a new contract and their D men end their contracts too. In today's NFL keeping a dynasty is impossible

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
The answer is "All of the above".

black and gold apex

Reaction score
No pass rush, you don't want to admit our defense was bad since we have enjoyed some great defenses in Pittsburgh. Watching Green Bay rush four and have Wilson running all around for three and one half quarters opens your eyes on how bad our defense was. I always blamed the secondary but no rush was the start of it all.

fogdoctor

Reaction score
The lack of a pass rush exposed a **** secondary.

xjx

Reaction score
It starts with tomlin. He sucks as a head coach. He sucks as a talent evaluator. This team won't win any playoff games until tomlin is removed from his position.