• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What the owner of the Washington DC NFL team should do.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Don't make me pull this car over, you'll all be sorry I promise you.

4076b8.jpg

Actually I did and a few months later my soon-to-be ex-wife and her lawyer brought it up at the custody hearing.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like Snyder couldn't keep his foreskin in his pants.

Frosty

Reaction score
So, apparently there's a bombshell story coming out about the Washington NFL team...Snyder knew Epstein? Just throwing it out there. Wish it was Hand job Bob instead.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/a-washington-bombshell-is-coming-and-its-not-about-redskins/

The removal of a racist nickname won’t end Daniel Snyder’s problems.

Not long after the Washington owner announced that his team would no longer be known as the Redskins, a series of cryptic tweets from local reporters emerged, warning of an imminent bombshell set to shake the franchise to its core.

“The warped and toxic culture of the Washington Football Team is about to be exposed in a sickening fashion . . . Again,” wrote CBS’ Jason La Canfora, a former team beat reporter.

Julie Donaldson of NBC Sports Washington also wrote, “What’s coming is disappointing and sad.”

Though it remains unclear what will surface, several other reporters have also been tipped off to news that could be devastating to the team.

“There is much more going on . . . than a name change,” Scott Abraham of ABC 7 wrote. “. . . And it’s not good. I did not get specifics, but get ready people.”

JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington shared a similar tweet.

“A real busy week. And it’s not all going to be about the name and it’s not all going to be pretty.”

It is believed that a Washington Post story expected to be released on Thursday is the basis for the tweets.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/16/...ton-sexual-assault-harassment-dan-snyder.html

Larry Michael, who was the teams play by play guy on radio broadcasts for the last 16 yrs, has resigned over this.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Money / job status / testosterone / steroids / TB12,...............POWER

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Talk about going after an owner that will not give up HIS team.. The NFL at its best talking about against their values yet AB is still in football with no decision from the league and some of these other players lack of value run around all happy go lucky. Stay home fans

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Quick, somebody tell this Native American guy that Wikipedia says his feelings are wrong

I'm totally on board with the interviewee. All of my native friends indicated near the same feeling on this subject, not quite in depth as this gentleman but still pretty well educated on the subject.

It's the cancel culture / instigators that is the problem and we citizens knee jerk reaction combined. A poster here suggested to take it to a vote of the native population. Offer some form of scholarship / % of concessions for native charitable organizations and see what that outcome was. If the vote was to keep the name than all Snyder needed to do was make it public and if negative he would be here where he is n ow.

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
level of education and SAT scores do not preclude you being a dumbass. I know many well educated people who aced the ******* SAT who are ******* dumbasses about real world stuff.

I agree, you know lots of dumbass people.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm totally on board with the interviewee. All of my native friends indicated near the same feeling on this subject, not quite in depth as this gentleman but still pretty well educated on the subject.

It's the cancel culture / instigators that is the problem and we citizens knee jerk reaction combined. A poster here suggested to take it to a vote of the native population. Offer some form of scholarship / % of concessions for native charitable organizations and see what that outcome was. If the vote was to keep the name than all Snyder needed to do was make it public and if negative he would be here where he is n ow.

Salute the nation

These progressive dipwads don't care what any native thinks. They are more enlightened than the natives are anyway. They always know more, and are more amazing.

Face the facts.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, you know lots of dumbass people.

Coach when putting people in a categories you usually become one within that category. Confucius say "a dumbass does not have a smart-***"

Salute the nation

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
It’s official. The name for this year will be.....The Washington Football Team.

https://www.outkick.com/washington-redskins-are-now-the-washington-football-team/

it appears that this will just be a temporary name for this season. Probably because people went out and trademarked a bunch of possible names and Snyder doesn’t want to pay them. I kind of like it. It’s a bit of a **** you to cancel culture.

there was a story a few days ago that they were considering being the DC Sentinals which was the name of the team in the Keanu Reeves movie the Replacements. That was debunked.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It’s official. The name for this year will be.....The Washington Football Team.

https://www.outkick.com/washington-redskins-are-now-the-washington-football-team/

it appears that this will just be a temporary name for this season. Probably because people went out and trademarked a bunch of possible names and Snyder doesn’t want to pay them. I kind of like it. It’s a bit of a **** you to cancel culture.

there was a story a few days ago that they were considering being the DC Sentinals which was the name of the team in the Keanu Reeves movie the Replacements. That was debunked.

Probably our very own Shane Falco wanted to much money for his role in the movie naming rights.

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
People made too big a deal of the lack of name. It's nearly impossible to get that done with all of the legal matters given the short time frame. What I found interesting is Schefter tweeted it out just as the Seattle Kraken name was announced.

I actually don't mind Washington going without a name. The branding is pretty nice and they have a classic look with the numbers on the helmet. If you're a fan, watching Washington football would be better than the team coming up with a lame nickname and logo.