• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What the owner of the Washington DC NFL team should do.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The Washington Swindlers. The new team logo:

tumblr_mhole0R6Ad1s2u4wdo1_640.jpg

The Washington Angry Liars. New team logo:

_102985893_8a2e58cb-f258-4717-816c-35c6c002a770.jpg

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
I read today that the Navajo Nation suggested Code Talkers. Honestly, and not being an ***, I would stay away from any nickname associated to any race or person. The climate today will eventually circle back and claim appropriation or other grievance. Also read a trademark squatter claimed a ton of DC associated nicknames. Just go with Washington F.C. (football club) and press on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stewey

Reaction score
The Washington Demonrats.

Ready made logos to pick from...

demonrat2.png

demonrat3.png

demonrat.jpg

I like the center one because of the 4 stars in the conference logo.
images

Last edited:

steelpastor

Reaction score
For what it's worth... I am not a fan of coercion. I have a real hard time with the the entire "boycotting" approach to cultural changes.

That being said... I know that Warriors and Red Wolves and Redtails all have some support.

However... If I had naming rights for the Washington DC NFL franchise... they would be called, "The Washington Monuments."

SojournerSteel

Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you know that the Texas Rangers are next in the cross hairs?

Did you know that "Rangers" is a racist and offensive term?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/13/texas-rangers-team-name-must-go/

I'm going to be crude here

******* suck it up. There are many names of clubs / organizations / buildings / landscape / rivers / states / countries that can be found to offend someone. Are we going to change all names? How come there isn't any backlash on some of the names they are being changed to?

I vote for giving everything just a NUMBER for it's name and insert a chip so when you look at it you can pull out your "smart" phone and have an APP read it to describe what you are looking at. EVEN put these chips in humans so when you set your personal self up, you can put how you identify as.

I've got a GREAT IDEA, how about every citizen in this great country become responsible for themselves and those they bring into this world. Would probably help the "culture" that exists today. CORE ROOT OF PROBLEM

EDIT: I'm talking about the article not the poster

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Washington Wolverines

Sent from my LGL43AL using Steeler Nation mobile app

I hear Washington Red Wolves. The Red Wolf is part of Native American lore, lives in the area, and it an endangered animal. The name matches their color. All the boxes are checked on this one. I sort of like it.

I still think Synder should do something for the native American, as Redskins were deal people scalp's with a paid bounty on them.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
No Dumb ***, using Wikipedia as a source for any statement is the antithesis of fact check.

The term itself is a derogatory for a period of generations. The original owner, G. Preston Marshall himself of that generation was an admitted bigot and was well aware of the name connotation. It is said in some circles he was the last owner to desegregate his team as well. So, depending on the individual the term is racist. The latest generation only knows it’s offensive because society now, rightfully so, deems it to be. Not because they think it is.

Regardless, your education probably didn’t include the need of fact checking before opening your pie hole. So please don’t drag the rest of us board readers down your hell of ignorance.

Also, don’t politicize my statements when they are not political. Coolie ought to ban you again just for trying to back door another non-football agenda. Dumb ***.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

My education / SAT score is likely better than yours, and don't try to DQ / discredit any source when you know it true. But we know you did.

Finally I can't wait to see Claypool on the field, a draft pick you hated.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
My education / SAT score is likely better than yours, and don't try to DQ / discredit any source when you know it true. But we know you did.

level of education and SAT scores do not preclude you being a dumbass. I know many well educated people who aced the ******* SAT who are ******* dumbasses about real world stuff.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
No Dumb ***, using Wikipedia as a source for any statement is the antithesis of fact check.

The term itself is a derogatory for a period of generations. The original owner, G. Preston Marshall himself of that generation was an admitted bigot and was well aware of the name connotation. It is said in some circles he was the last owner to desegregate his team as well. So, depending on the individual the term is racist. The latest generation only knows it’s offensive because society now, rightfully so, deems it to be. Not because they think it is.

Regardless, your education probably didn’t include the need of fact checking before opening your pie hole. So please don’t drag the rest of us board readers down your hell of ignorance.

Also, don’t politicize my statements when they are not political. Coolie ought to ban you again just for trying to back door another non-football agenda. Dumb ***.

My education / SAT score is likely better than yours, and don't try to DQ / discredit any source when you know it true. But we know you did

Don't make me pull this car over, you'll all be sorry I promise you.

4076b8.jpg

Last edited:

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I hear Washington Red Wolves. The Red Wolf is part of Native American lore, lives in the area, and it an endangered animal. The name matches their color. All the boxes are checked on this one. I sort of like it.

I still think Synder should do something for the native American, as Redskins were deal people scalp's with a paid bounty on them.

Why should Snyder do anything for Native Americans? He already had a team that portrayed their people in a very positive light and kept NA culture alive in public memory and he was told to stop.

He should make the uniform red white and blue and call them the Washington Freedom

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Why should Snyder do anything for Native Americans? He already had a team that portrayed their people in a very positive light and kept NA culture alive in public memory and he was told to stop.

He should make the uniform red white and blue and call them the Washington Freedom

Funny enough, that name was already used by the women's W-USA soccer team in DC. I don't think it's around anymore, but we used to do pregame and promos for them in the late 90s/early aughts.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to be crude here

******* suck it up. There are many names of clubs / organizations / buildings / landscape / rivers / states / countries that can be found to offend someone. Are we going to change all names? How come there isn't any backlash on some of the names they are being changed to?

I vote for giving everything just a NUMBER for it's name and insert a chip so when you look at it you can pull out your "smart" phone and have an APP read it to describe what you are looking at. EVEN put these chips in humans so when you set your personal self up, you can put how you identify as.

I've got a GREAT IDEA, how about every citizen in this great country become responsible for themselves and those they bring into this world. Would probably help the "culture" that exists today. CORE ROOT OF PROBLEM

EDIT: I'm talking about the article not the poster

Salute the nation

I believe even in jest, that you have stumbled upon the answer. As our society evolves (?), there are those that will be increasingly offended for others, and on every subject.

What was once normal will become unthinkable, until everything is destroyed. Numbers, that's the ticket.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

If your education/SAT score is the baseline from your reputation in this forum, thats all we need to know. A nut-less monkey has more aptitude than you.

I “hated” the Claypool pick? Please provide the post where I blast the pick. Some show the nut-less monkey to Coach so he can learn a few things. Dumb ***.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

Pittsburgh Charlie

Forefather
Reaction score
Wasn't Generals the USFL team back in the day?

Warriors is what I have said for years. you can keep the base logo.

or Screaming Orgasms. That would be fun.

Yes New Jersey Generals owned by one Donald J. Trump

Doug Flutie at QB and Herschel Walker at RB

I attended a few games

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So, apparently there's a bombshell story coming out about the Washington NFL team...Snyder knew Epstein? Just throwing it out there. Wish it was Hand job Bob instead.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/a-washington-bombshell-is-coming-and-its-not-about-redskins/

The removal of a racist nickname won’t end Daniel Snyder’s problems.

Not long after the Washington owner announced that his team would no longer be known as the Redskins, a series of cryptic tweets from local reporters emerged, warning of an imminent bombshell set to shake the franchise to its core.

“The warped and toxic culture of the Washington Football Team is about to be exposed in a sickening fashion . . . Again,” wrote CBS’ Jason La Canfora, a former team beat reporter.

Julie Donaldson of NBC Sports Washington also wrote, “What’s coming is disappointing and sad.”

Though it remains unclear what will surface, several other reporters have also been tipped off to news that could be devastating to the team.

“There is much more going on . . . than a name change,” Scott Abraham of ABC 7 wrote. “. . . And it’s not good. I did not get specifics, but get ready people.”

JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington shared a similar tweet.

“A real busy week. And it’s not all going to be about the name and it’s not all going to be pretty.”

It is believed that a Washington Post story expected to be released on Thursday is the basis for the tweets.