• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What the HELL...If tomlin was fired who would be intreim or head coach????

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
LMAO...could you picture Vince on our sideline with the way our defense "tackles", that would be a sound bite for the ages!

Vince would go nuts at our pathetic excuse for tackling. We went from smash mouth to group hug arm tackling horseshit in 5 years time.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The obvious choice would be Munchak (sp). Who would be out there right NOW this moment. I'm not talking after the season or maybe next year, I mean right NOW today??

Salute the nation

you tease

Stoney

Reaction score
Did I miss something? Why are we discussing Tomlin being fired?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Did I miss something? Why are we discussing Tomlin being fired?

No you didn't miss anything, the first word in the thread title "IF" is meant to mean hyperthetical. LOL

Salute the nation

xjx

Reaction score
Joey Porter would likely provide the kind of fire that the fans would like to see. He probably doesn't have enough experience yet....but....neither did Tomlin.

What about Kyle Shanahan or the Shula kid?

Josh McDaniels always gets praise but he likely wouldn't be welcome in Pittsburgh.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Vince would go nuts at our pathetic excuse for tackling. We went from smash mouth to group hug arm tackling horseshit in 5 years time.

In case you haven't missed it.. tackling is a league wide problem.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Joey Porter would likely provide the kind of fire that the fans would like to see. He probably doesn't have enough experience yet....but....neither did Tomlin.

What about Kyle Shanahan or the Shula kid?

Josh McDaniels always gets praise but he likely wouldn't be welcome in Pittsburgh.

**** NO on Josh mcdanials. He has been caught CHEATING at every gig he has had except n*w *ngland. He knows he is safe where he is at so I doubt he'd take the PITTSBURGH job if by some MIRACLE it was offered. FUCVK THE CHEATRIOTS

Salute the nation

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
In case you haven't missed it.. tackling is a league wide problem.

I don't watch or care about the rest of the league anymore. If not for the Steelers I wouldn't even watch football at all.I've lost interest in the product because it's horrible.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
My money would be on Mrs. Haley's husband.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I would go after Chucky Gruden

Gruden was s glorified offensive coordinator. He is actually worse at evaluating and developing players than Mr Tomlin is.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
George Edwards D -coordinator Vikings - what he continually does with that Vikings D is impressive. Known to get the most out of young players and put players in the best position to suceed.
Kris Richard -D coordinator Seahawks - Hawks continually have a top 10 D, and stack pro bowlers yearly
Rod Marinelli - D coordinator Dallas -Known to get the most out of his players, his units seemingly always improve..
James-Bettcher - D -coordinator Arizona - a darkhorse a little green, but has been doing good things as the Cards D coord since being promoted..
Wade -Phillips - D coord -Denver - Could always give him another shot, did great things for that Denver D.

Plenty of options, the closer you look.

We don't have to stay with mediocre.

ark steel

Reaction score
Munchak. A great teacher. A great coach, and well respected as a former player.

and yet it is his group committing most of our penalties. Interesting that penalties are NOT a reflection of respect for a coach.

ark steel

Reaction score
Funny that when Arians left he went on to lead the Colts to the playoffs with a rookie QB, and turned around the Cardinals with Carson Palmer at qb. Seem like his teams have had a lot more success in the last 5 years than the Steelers under Tomlin.

The last five years. 3-4-1 now. Loss t the Bills who were 0-2 at the time and to the Panthers who were 1-5 at the time.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The last five years. 3-4-1 now. Loss t the Bills who were 0-2 at the time and to the Panthers who were 1-5 at the time.

So having a bad start to this season takes away from what he has done over the last 5 years? Yet you don't say the same thing to Tomlin has has accomplished almost nothing in the last 5 years and we are off to a 4-4 start this year with losses to Miami, Philly, and Baltimore? I didn't care for his play calling, but his abilities as a HC should not be in question.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
If it is Haley I wouldn't want him as a long term deal. Not much of a step up from what we allready have but could fill for short term. I think Munch would be a better fit and possibly long term.
Some coaches are simply better as a #2 guy and Haley is one of those who realizes this.
Doesn't really matter, in ten years Shades will still be the coach of this team and still losing regularly to inferior teams on the road.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
George Edwards D -coordinator Vikings - what he continually does with that Vikings D is impressive. Known to get the most out of young players and put players in the best position to suceed.
Kris Richard -D coordinator Seahawks - Hawks continually have a top 10 D, and stack pro bowlers yearly
Rod Marinelli - D coordinator Dallas -Known to get the most out of his players, his units seemingly always improve..
James-Bettcher - D -coordinator Arizona - a darkhorse a little green, but has been doing good things as the Cards D coord since being promoted..
Wade -Phillips - D coord -Denver - Could always give him another shot, did great things for that Denver D.

Plenty of options, the closer you look.

We don't have to stay with mediocre.

I like how you are going "D" minded in search of new coaching. I would definitely entertain that 100%. We have munch and Haley for the offensive side.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Some coaches are simply better as a #2 guy and Haley is one of those who realizes this.
Doesn't really matter, in ten years Shades will still be the coach of this team and still losing regularly to inferior teams on the road.

Ten years from now, the nfl will be a mere pittance of itself as today. If this whole mediocracy of a product continues it's down spiral, I for one will NOT be giving a **** about Mr. Tomlin and co......... OBVIOUSLY

Salute the nation

ark steel

Reaction score
So having a bad start to this season takes away from what he has done over the last 5 years? Yet you don't say the same thing to Tomlin has has accomplished almost nothing in the last 5 years and we are off to a 4-4 start this year with losses to Miami, Philly, and Baltimore? I didn't care for his play calling, but his abilities as a HC should not be in question.

We can't question other coaches? I'm not saying anything about Tomlin other than the folks here at SN have terrible judgment.

I'm not taking anything away from what The Bruce has accomplished at AZ. He didn't, really, accomplish **** at Indy other than not get in the way, which, come to think of it, he couldn't seem to do here. The Indy situation is the very definition of winning with another coaches players, team and staff, something of which Tomlin has been charged numerous times. That Indy team and staff was put together by Pagano. You might look at the couple of years after The Bruce left as an indication he didn't do jack ****. They were 11-5 for the two seasons after he left, too.

I bring up the bad start as an indication he may not be so hot after all. All the Whiz fans said the same thing after he took AZ to the SB, then the playoffs, then 5-11. Seems similar to now in AZ? Starts off well, then,"well, it is a bad start"....always excuses for other coaches.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
We can't question other coaches? I'm not saying anything about Tomlin other than the folks here at SN have terrible judgment.

I'm not taking anything away from what The Bruce has accomplished at AZ. He didn't, really, accomplish **** at Indy other than not get in the way, which, come to think of it, he couldn't seem to do here. The Indy situation is the very definition of winning with another coaches players, team and staff, something of which Tomlin has been charged numerous times. That Indy team and staff was put together by Pagano. You might look at the couple of years after The Bruce left as an indication he didn't do jack ****. They were 11-5 for the two seasons after he left, too.

I bring up the bad start as an indication he may not be so hot after all. All the Whiz fans said the same thing after he took AZ to the SB, then the playoffs, then 5-11. Seems similar to now in AZ? Starts off well, then,"well, it is a bad start"....always excuses for other coaches.

Again, as the previous regime's players retired and replaced by Tomlin picks (remember, we have the same GM) the team got worse in most respects. Yeah I know, if you play better you draft later but that's no excuse for having exactly zero players left on the team from two consecutive drafts ('08 and '09) five years after the fact which is a time when your draft picks should be hitting their stride. Now, those 14 spots still have to be filled and they're going to be filled by 1) players who mostly weren't good enough to stick with the team who drafted them and 2) your own UDFA's who weren't good enough for you to draft.

ark steel

Reaction score
Again, as the previous regime's players retired and replaced by Tomlin picks (remember, we have the same GM) the team got worse in most respects. Yeah I know, if you play better you draft later but that's no excuse for having exactly zero players left on the team from two consecutive drafts ('08 and '09) five years after the fact which is a time when your draft picks should be hitting their stride. Now, those 14 spots still have to be filled and they're going to be filled by 1) players who mostly weren't good enough to stick with the team who drafted them and 2) your own UDFA's who weren't good enough for you to draft.

But even with that, what Tomlin had is not even close to "winning with other coach's players" as what The Bruce had. Tomlin had a lot of players left over and some staff. The Bruce didn't replace any players, staff or nothing. As I said, it is the exact definition. The fact that they went 11-5 the next two seasons when he wasn't there ought to be a clue that he did jack **** in Indy.

I could also say the same thing about The Whiz. Goes to AZ, wins with the prior coach's players in key spot. Supposed to be a "QB coach". Replaces warner with **** and goes downhill when Warner leaves. Goes to TN? nothing.