• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What the HELL...If tomlin was fired who would be intreim or head coach????

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The obvious choice would be Munchak (sp). Who would be out there right NOW this moment. I'm not talking after the season or maybe next year, I mean right NOW today??

Salute the nation

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Marty Morningwheg.

LOL

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A **** flinging monkey might just be an upgrade, and his press conferences would be a blast to watch at least.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking Munch or Mitch.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A **** flinging monkey might just be an upgrade, and his press conferences would be a blast to watch at least.

Dude, it's funny you bring up the **** flinging monkey reference. For those who have been here awhile, I use to rent out my monkey's to various things. MY biggest paying customer was the PITTSBURGH STEELERS. The "bruce" use to compete against my one armed **** flinging monkey as to who got to call the plays the up coming week. Amazing how many times my monkey won.
Who would you think to take over the head coaching JOB if Coach T was immediately fired???

Salute the nation

deljzc

Reaction score
I might be happy with Munchak as my permanent coach moving forward for a couple seasons just to see.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I might be happy with Munchak as my permanent coach moving forward for a couple seasons just to see.

I think that all the way from on field play through drafting would all benefit by this move. Maybe at end of season you may look at options but you'd also have near 1/2 season to evaluate MUNCHAK.

Salute the nation

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Munchak or Haley would be the intriem coach. I'd bet it would be Haley. Been here longer than Munchy.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, it's funny you bring up the **** flinging monkey reference. For those who have been here awhile, I use to rent out my monkey's to various things. MY biggest paying customer was the PITTSBURGH STEELERS. The "bruce" use to compete against my one armed **** flinging monkey as to who got to call the plays the up coming week. Amazing how many times my monkey won.
Who would you think to take over the head coaching JOB if Coach T was immediately fired???

Salute the nation

I don't have the privilege of interviewing candidates, looking at their play books, hearing their philosophies, or getting a gauge on their leadership abilities. So I am not going to speculate. There may be an OC, DC, Position Coach that may just be the next Noll, but without sitting down with them you have no idea.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Salute the nation

Funny that when Arians left he went on to lead the Colts to the playoffs with a rookie QB, and turned around the Cardinals with Carson Palmer at qb. Seem like his teams have had a lot more success in the last 5 years than the Steelers under Tomlin.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I vote for our own resident Coach

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Munchak. A great teacher. A great coach, and well respected as a former player.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
I think it is neat how we all know this is talk from frustrated fans and we all know the ownership will not get rid of Tomlin. Yet two days in a row an article on the net has been toward major change if Packers don't make playoffs. The Packers are much like us a good QB and some good support players that are not living up to the billing. I look at Miami getting rid of players and NO benching their running back and how they responded, this team needs shook up. Just watch the interviews of the players after the Ravens beat us, it is sad that their is no hart in this team.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Well, we like continuity so it's got to be a guy that can stick around if we replace Cool Shades. It seems defensive minded coaches are he way we trend. Obviously the coach would have to be a minority and past head coaching experience would count as a negative in our evaluation process. That brings it down to J Peezy vs Lake...let em play a game of Madden and the winner gets the job. J Peezy would bring the emotion, snatch up Potsie to replace him as LB coach with Jerry O. Lake would bring the smarts/toughness bring in Ike T to fill his spot.

Hell, just let em alternate starts as HC with the other as assistant and whoever gets more wins sticks, I think what we really need is a rotation here bwahaha.

Or the **** flinging monkey...anything is an upgrade

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Mitchell is the named Asst. Head Coach on this team. He has the longest tenure too. But no such change is forthcoming.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I would go after Chucky Gruden

hcmd

Reaction score
I vote Pop. Maybe he is connected to the inner workings of his favorite club and could bring there success here*******

GRBman

Reaction score
I would think that IF the ownership decides to move on from Tomlin (and I think they absolutely should)...Haley would be the interim with no chance to be the permanent.

If McCarthy is unhappy in Green Bay, I'd take him in a heartbeat. ...or see if Saban's wife will let him out of Tuscaloosa long enough to pursue a Lombardi Trophy

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers have had three coaches in my lifetime. Tomlin isn't going anywhere during the season barring him getting busted in a brothel downtown, with a crack pipe in his hands, as he's publicly dragged to a police van screaming **** the cracker *** Rooney's!. I'm resigned to the fact that he's the coach regardless of how the team achieves on the field for the foreseeable future. The injuries and suspensions this season have crippled the talent pretty good, and frankly, this team just isn't as good as we all like the think it is. All that said, all we have to do is win the sorriest division in the AFC to get into the playoff's, so there's at least a chance for that.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Vince Lombardi

I read an article about possibly changing the name of the "Lombardi" trophy to Billichick. If that happens it would be the final straw for this dude.

I think I would go after Chucky Gruden

Maybe for the after season search his name would be one to consider. NOT in the middle of the season.

Munchak. A great teacher. A great coach, and well respected as a former player.

One of the obvious choices plus you'd have remainder of season to see where you stand on long term deal.

Funny that when Arians left he went on to lead the Colts to the playoffs with a rookie QB, and turned around the Cardinals with Carson Palmer at qb. Seem like his teams have had a lot more success in the last 5 years than the Steelers under Tomlin.

When the "Bruce" was here in PITTSBURGH, we won inspite of him.. He got all of his fuckyness out of him here so when he went somewhere else, he deidn't have any left. I think the colts team was motivated by their coach having cancer. Alsao every where he has been he has RIED HIS BEST TO KILL HIS QBS. CARSON PALMER IS A GREAT EXAMPLE OF THAT. The Bruce will do what he does and if he succeeds, more power to him. I for one would NOT want him back here. Thank You

Munchak or Haley would be the intriem coach. I'd bet it would be Haley. Been here longer than Munchy.

If it is Haley I wouldn't want him as a long term deal. Not much of a step up from what we allready have but could fill for short term. I think Munch would be a better fit and possibly long term.

Salute the nation