• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What do you think about the Masters

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
That's how I feel about hoops.
Dittos.

Ah...then golf would qualify to be in the same category as baseball, basketball. tennis, pocket billiards, bowling, table tennis, weight lifting, swimming, track events, NASCAR and last but not least...curling, whatever that is.
Former captain of the Canadian women's Olympic curling team:

Curling_Team.jpg

Re: golf, I think Tiger is toast and he will never win another major. Gotta root for guys named Bubba. Angel Cabrera is cool because they have to cut the cameras away so as not to show him smoking on TV.

Last edited:

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Ah...then golf would qualify to be in the same category as baseball, basketball. tennis, pocket billiards, bowling, table tennis, weight lifting, swimming, track events, NASCAR and last but not least...curling, whatever that is.

very true and why I don't watch the majority of these sports. I occasionally watch college hoops, baseball has got exciting again and NASCAR is hit or miss lately, Hockey used to be the most exciting sport to watch on television, but even that is getting hard to watch(or maybe it's just the Pens sucking). Everything is subjective to the viewer, I guess.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
The-30-Hottest-Russian-women-curling-team-Photos:-Alexandra-Saitova---Ekaterina-Galkina---Anna-Sidorova--15.jpg

LOL........You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Confluence again.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score

Agreed with everything except basketball and tennis, it amazes me that someone can think basketball is boring. Does anyone actually watch billiards? Or here's a good one: drag racing. I see that crap on espn every weekend, and I think, "who in America actually watches this??"

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed with everything except basketball and tennis, it amazes me that someone can think basketball is boring. Does anyone actually watch billiards? Or here's a good one: drag racing. I see that crap on espn every weekend, and I think, "who in America actually watches this??"

the folks who find the cars that always turn left too complicated????

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
the folks who find the cars that always turn left too complicated????

Lol! For what its worth, funnycar drag racing seems like it would be pretty cool to see in-person, but it just doesnt translate to tv viewership very well (in my humble opinion, of course)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Lol! For what its worth, funnycar drag racing seems like it would be pretty cool to see in-person, but it just doesnt translate to tv viewership very well (in my humble opinion, of course)

When the Top Fuelers and Funny Cars run at a major drag race the noise and vibration turns your insides to Jello. It's great. I wear double ear protection, a pair of foam earplug plus over-the-ear headphone style protectors. Plus when you're walking though the pits, NHRA isn't like NASCAR, everyone can walk through the pits, you never know when someone will fire one up and you jump 10 feet in the air when they do.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
When the Top Fuelers and Funny Cars run at a major drag race the noise and vibration turns your insides to Jello. It's great. I wear double ear protection, a pair of foam earplug plus over-the-ear headphone style protectors. Plus when you're walking though the pits, NHRA isn't like NASCAR, everyone can walk through the pits, you never know when someone will fire one up and you jump 10 feet in the air when they do.

are u saying those turns confuse you? ;)

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score

I like watching pool and ping-pong on TV. The skill of the billiards players is pretty amazing to me

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score

Yeh I agree to an extent Omar but I have been watching a program about street racers ( Street Outlaws ) that isn't half bad once you get to know the cars a little. I think racing has a lot to do with favorites and familiarity with the contestants..somewhat like golf, pocket billiards and curling.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
If I would put money on anyone, it would be Jordan Spieth. He is playing more consistently than anyone right now.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
If I would put money on anyone, it would be Jordan Spieth. He is playing more consistently than anyone right now.

Jordan has been playing well, for sure but I disagree. I think Jimmy walker has been hands down the hottest player all year. He's another one to keep an eye on. I like Jordan, he has a world of talent, but his immaturity costs him at times. Augusta requires experience and patience and usually the veteran players are the ones that rise to the top on Sunday.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Odds to Win 2015 Masters (4/12/15)

Golfer Odds

Rory McIlroy 8/1
Bubba Watson 10/1
Dustin Johnson 12/1
Jason Day 12/1
Jordan Spieth 12/1
Henrik Stenson 18/1
Adam Scott 22/1
Rickie Fowler 25/1
Phil Mickelson 27/1
Brandt Snedeker 30/1
Patrick Reed 30/1

If Jason Day could putt, he could win. His putter has cost him many a tournament/major. Ditto for Phil and ditto for Adam Scott. Because these guys can't putt well right now, I don't see them winning. Sometimes the flat stick can get hot for a few days though.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't compete with those pics but Tiger is playing. My guess is he won't make the cut but if he does...

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
I think Spieth but Im rooting for Day. Tiger needs his hookers back. They shoulda left him alone and just let him be great.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Spieth but Im rooting for Day. Tiger needs his hookers back. They shoulda left him alone and just let him be great.

Just like Jeff reed needed to be drunk. Sobered him.up and he sucked.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
There are a ton of golfers out there with alcohol and women issues. Tiger was in the microscope and took it to another level. Other sports are even worse. Heck, basketball players have their pick in the lobby of every hotel they stay in. That entire ordeal ruined Tiger. Certainly not agreeing with what he did but it is his life. He will probably play like crap at the Masters and that's what everyone should expect. If he does play well, that will be very unexpected and will help golf and his confidence tremendously.