• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What do you think about the Masters

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Alright there Hookster, I'm thinkin' my man Rory will wup anybody you pick in the Masters this year. What say you ?

th

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really care. Golf my be the one "Sport" that is more boring to watch than kickball.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
I did a search, but couldn't find any "links". But, that is par for the course.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Rory will be tough to beat. For the good of the game, I'd like to see Tiger show up and get a top 10 but I highly doubt he will even show up. His family is number 1 now. He doesn't practice enough to cure his issues and he doesn't see a sports psychologist. He needs to practice 8 to 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, just like a normal job. He also needs to see a sports psychologist to get his head back on straight.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really care. Golf my be the one "Sport" that is more boring to watch than kickball.

It is amazing to watch the little Bball tourney on right now, with 19-20 yr old kids making amazing pressure-packed plays --- and missing on many -- on national TV, in front of 20,000 screaming fans, and to juxtapose that with highly paid, experienced, professional golfers who need absolute quiet to make a 4 foot putt.

I guess that makes it easier to tell which is the sport, and which is a leisurely pastime.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's Rory's to win too. The Masters helps me realize how much I suck at golf. But it's still a good excuse to drink beer and smoke cigars with friends and customers.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
What say you ?

I say this thread should be in the Other Sports Forum.
Also how come Bomma isn't playing? I would have though He's had enough practice to qualify. Augusta must be racist.

GRBman

Reaction score
It is amazing to watch the little Bball tourney on right now, with 19-20 yr old kids making amazing pressure-packed plays --- and missing on many -- on national TV, in front of 20,000 screaming fans, and to juxtapose that with highly paid, experienced, professional golfers who need absolute quiet to make a 4 foot putt.

I guess that makes it easier to tell which is the sport, and which is a leisurely pastime.

I play golf and this mystifies me too. I've never understood the need for total silence. If anything, it is more unnerving to have people burst into screams as soon as you hit the ball. I'd rather there be tons of noise so that i can just block it out...

Oh, and I'll take Bubba..

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Alright there Hookster, I'm thinkin' my man Rory will wup anybody you pick in the Masters this year. What say you ?

th

Rory is probably everyone favorite to win and I understand why. But he just doesn't seem himself so far this season.

Look out for Kuchar, Snedeker, Furyk, McDowell and Angel Cabrera. Cabrera always seems to play well at these majors. Nick Watney is my darkhorse, but I think Bubba Watson has a great chance to defend his title. He's my pick.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score

To each his own I guess. I find it extremely exciting especially Sunday at Augusta. Golf is my life though so I guess I'm partial. I HATE basketball and find it irritating how many times play is stopped, especially in the last couple of minutes.

GRBman

Reaction score
Rory is probably everyone favorite to win and I understand why. But he just doesn't seem himself so far this season.

Look out for Kuchar, Snedeker, Furyk, McDowell and Angel Cabrera. Cabrera always seems to play well at these majors. Nick Watney is my darkhorse, but I think Bubba Watson has a great chance to defend his title. He's my pick.

I agree Hook... I think Augusta just sets up perfectly for the guys with the power game. The other guy you can never count out at August is Phil. Dude shows up every time... And for whatever reason, Lee Westwood is always in contention...he just has a poor short game...and that's his downfall.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score

Rory vs Bubba....sounds interesting. The Masters is my favorite tourney and it's an absolutely perfectly maintained golf course. You're right Indy, watching them play reminds me how much I suck too. That is until one of them hot shot big bucks pros misses a 3 footer, then I'm all....see..see, they can **** up too.

I guess that makes it easier to tell which is the sport, and which is a leisurely pastime

It can get pretty quiet in them gymnasiums, where team sports are played, when foul shots count. Comparing team sports with individual sports only works if your Country doesn't have any individual sport stars...jus sayin' .... Mike Weir just doesn't exactly resonate dominance ..LOL

Last edited:

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I love the Masters and like to see guys like Phil, Furyk and Couples perform well, but having guys competing with Rory will be fun. Of course, a good weekend from Tiger makes things interesting.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Say what you want to about that little Canuck, but he was the first lefty to win a green jacket.

Touche...but 6 out of the last 12 winners have been lefties, the course sets up well for them. Weir kick-started things in 2003 with his only major title and Mickelson followed that up shortly there after with two in three years. Now he and Watson have won three of the past five starting in 2010.

Phil is my favorite leftie but it looks to me like he is struggling just to stay afloat lately, kinda like the golf version of Troy Polamalu.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Touche...but 6 out of the last 12 winners have been lefties, the course sets up well for them. Weir kick-started things in 2003 with his only major title and Mickelson followed that up shortly there after with two in three years. Now he and Watson have won three of the past five starting in 2010.

Phil is my favorite leftie but it looks to me like he is struggling just to stay afloat lately, kinda like the golf version of Troy Polamalu.

Phil actually isn't left handed. He just plays golf left handed.

His putting is what's letting him down now. Maybe he should putt right handed.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
I think golf is fun to play, but boring to watch

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
I think golf is fun to play, but boring to watch

Ah...then golf would qualify to be in the same category as baseball, basketball. tennis, pocket billiards, bowling, table tennis, weight lifting, swimming, track events, NASCAR and last but not least...curling, whatever that is.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah...then golf would qualify to be in the same category as baseball, basketball. tennis, pocket billiards, bowling, table tennis, weight lifting, swimming, track events, NASCAR and last but not least...curling, whatever that is.

The-30-Hottest-Russian-women-curling-team-Photos:-Alexandra-Saitova---Ekaterina-Galkina---Anna-Sidorova--15.jpg