• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Well that was ugly.....

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
that is one area I am confident will bounce back, the O-line.....

and with Bells return it will at least make it a watchable season, although short on our ultimate desires

Bell is not going to help unless Ben throws him the ball. Williams was open a few times and he was invisible to Ben. Also we only ran the ball how many times? Williams was the leading rusher in the NFL. Bell is not some kinda Savior I do not get you guys....

chipped ham

Reaction score
Bell is not going to help unless Ben throws him the ball. Williams was open a few times and he was invisible to Ben. Also we only ran the ball how many times? Williams was the leading rusher in the NFL. Bell is not some kinda Savior I do not get you guys....

Williams had a couple drops himself today. In the first half, Williams had 6 carries for 7 yards. It's not exactly a wonder why they didn't run the football. The oline sucked today. Couldn't get any push, and straight up blew in pass pro. Bell may not be a "savior," but he's the better back and is going to make a difference for this offense.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Bell is a damn good pass catcher, Ben will throw it to him..........

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
The Oline was destroyed. I dont think any RB in the history of the game would have had success (maybe Barry Sanders). The Chiefs D is good if the line doesnt get it together by next week I expect the same result as today.

jsc2536

Reaction score
Another great coached game by Tomlin, team not prepared or focused...got even worse after HT, guess he was busy polishing he's bling??
Philly showed everyone how to pressure a good QB and cover good WR man-on-man...kudos to Peterson and he's coordinators!

FargoSteelers7

Reaction score
they needed a wake up call. getting trounced by a rookie qb...let's see how they respond next week.

Big Ben was a rookie in 2004. And he set an NFL record of going 13-0. I'm from Fargo. So I've watched every NDSU Bison game with Carson Wentz. The kid is beyond good. But I never expected the trouncing our Steelers got today in every last single aspect of the game! The Steelers water boy probably didn't even get that right they were so bad!!!

chipped ham

Reaction score
The Oline was destroyed. I dont think any RB in the history of the game would have had success (maybe Barry Sanders). The Chiefs D is good if the line doesnt get it together by next week I expect the same result as today.

I am not worried about the offensive line. The unit had a horrible game, and were playing with out Foster. Today was a total aberration for the offense, albeit a bad one, but I cannot imagine them being stuck in reverse like this. I also have to say that I was pretty excited about Wheaton coming back to the line up. I really was. Well, he better get his ******* head on straight.

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
ben sailed balls, Wheaton dropped balls, D was Tomlins cover 2 and other BS, and our team came out expecting to win.

Really wish we would just take whats given and march down field. wish we would have manned up more on D...just to change up ****....terrible game plan. Lebeau used to make rookies look like morons...

Oh, well. we all have to go make a living tomorrow and we should forget this....

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
Williams is also a good pass catcher...like jitter said, can't catch what isn't thrown.

they believed they were going to light up the Eagles D with the high powered offense....they forgot to get the yardage needed to get the offense a chance....not sure where they got that high powered O idea. On paper it's great.

chipped ham

Reaction score
ben sailed balls, Wheaton dropped balls, D was Tomlins cover 2 and other BS, and our team came out expecting to win.

Really wish we would just take whats given and march down field. wish we would have manned up more on D...just to change up ****....terrible game plan. Lebeau used to make rookies look like morons...

Oh, well. we all have to go make a living tomorrow and we should forget this....

Philadelphia had it perfectly. With the 15 yard cushions the corners are giving, throw the ball to the receivers at the LOS 90% of the time and they're guaranteed to get Atleast 5 yards. Wentz hardly went deep, and when he did, it was into triple coverage and a high pass.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The Eagles front seven is for real. Our front seven is suck donkey balls. That is all.

Really, that was the story of this game.

Exactly. The Iggles have a good DL, we have a good OL, but they owned us today. And our defense didn't stop jack ****.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Philadelphia had it perfectly. With the 15 yard cushions the corners are giving, throw the ball to the receivers at the LOS 90% of the time and they're guaranteed to get Atleast 5 yards. Wentz hardly went deep, and when he did, it was into triple coverage and a high pass.
That's what I didn't get, that's all the Eagles offense has done in weeks 1 & 2, that's what they want to do, so what is our game plan? Let them do what they do best?????

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

chipped ham

Reaction score
That's what I didn't get, that's all the Eagles offense has done in weeks 1 & 2, that's what they want to do, so what is our game plan? Let them do what they do best?????

It was hard to stomach today. Did Butler ever consider playing them up at the line? And everyone keeps talking about the pass rush being nonexistent, but how many times did they bring more than 4 guys? They're hardly blitzing the ******* quarterback! It's as if Butler is expecting his pass rush to be strictly Tuitt and Heyward and that's it. The linebackers were also awful today. I can't believe how many times I seen Vince Williams and moats just throwing their shoulders into the lineman, essentially making them an easy block.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Our team looked like a dumpster fire today.

Steel G

Reaction score
They got their **** pushed in.....hard. Best to just forget that game and move on.

P

POP

Jesus, remember the year we got beat by the Browns like 50-0 and then almost immediately after by the Bengals like 55-10? I can't remember feeling lower as a fan lol.

But those teams really lacked any talent on the O. We have a future Hall of Fame QB and the best WR in the NFL. And we got throttled like that.

Last time I recall being this destroyed was the season opener in Balt. like 6-7 years ago.

P

POP

Bottom line, a first-year NFL coach, out-coached our supposed top-5 coach, our supposed future hall of fame QB got beat by a rookie playing in his 3rd game.

And it was never really close. It was pathetic and embarrassing. Even Brown and Ben looked like clowns.