• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Well that was ugly.....

In Ben We Trust

Reaction score
Cannot recall in my 13 seasons as a Steelers fan a game where the Steelers were beaten so soundly on both sides of the ball. I am going to chalk it up as a very bad game and move on but there are some serious issues with our defense. The secondary is obviously not very good but more disappointing to me is the lack of pressure on the quarterback. Just a pathetic performance all the way around. What is it with Steelers in Philadelphia??

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
they needed a wake up call. getting trounced by a rookie qb...let's see how they respond next week.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
Cannot recall in my 13 seasons as a Steelers fan a game where the Steelers were beaten so soundly on both sides of the ball. I am going to chalk it up as a very bad game and move on but there are some serious issues with our defense. The secondary is obviously not very good but more disappointing to me is the lack of pressure on the quarterback. Just a pathetic performance all the way around. What is it with Steelers in Philadelphia??

I just relived the 80's, and it wasn't anymore fun this time around.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I just relived the 80's, and it wasn't anymore fun this time around.

Jesus, remember the year we got beat by the Browns like 50-0 and then almost immediately after by the Bengals like 55-10? I can't remember feeling lower as a fan lol.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus, remember the year we got beat by the Browns like 50-0 and then almost immediately after by the Bengals like 55-10? I can't remember feeling lower as a fan lol.

this was right up there with those other ****** performances

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Ben is way off on his passes....mostly high on his throws. Ive noticed him working out with a Rugby ball and im really starting to wonder if that is somehow affecting his delivery during games. He's usually accurate but he missed badly on open receivers

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Ben is way off on his passes....mostly high on his throws. Ive noticed him working out with a Rugby ball and im really starting to wonder if that is somehow affecting his delivery during games. He's usually accurate but he missed badly on open receivers

Thats usually happens when the pass rush has been in your face all day, even happens to Ben

Steelmann

Reaction score
Well,the only good thing I will say is I am glad it happened now not at the end,and better against a nfc team. Lack of pass rush and our online being manhandled is starting to be worrisome. Perhaps the players and the fans were reading too many sweet headlines.

Back to reality.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
this was right up there with those other ****** performances

Let's climb down off our high ledge shall we slash? Good grief. The Earth will continue to turn. You have been at Def con 4 since Halftime.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's climb down off our high ledge shall we slash? Good grief. The Earth will continue to turn. You have been at Def con 4 since Halftime.

yeah I tend to not like embarrassing *** performances

a loss is fine

a blowout is embarrasing

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
one team came to play while the other was still admiring their win from a week ago. Lick your wounds and get ready for KC. They can run us over, too.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Blaming Ben for this game is BS. Our line stood tall as they picked Ben up how many times, how many times Ben had to try and get lose to make a play and then as Brown did on one play yell about ball being high, Tomlin should have taken Ben out mid fourth Quarter.

6Lombardis

Reaction score
That much pressure from their DLine four big rushers all day plus good coverage and dropped balls = the **** show we witnessed today. Looks like our game plan did not expect that. It seems our Oline looked good in our preseason game against that same front so....

Then, Our defense just the opposite--no pressure without blitz. Their QB was very poised and not many drops by their WRs.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Blaming Ben for this game is BS. Our line stood tall as they picked Ben up how many times, how many times Ben had to try and get lose to make a play and then as Brown did on one play yell about ball being high, Tomlin should have taken Ben out mid fourth Quarter.

Ben was lousy this week. He was kinda lousy last week. I don't care who a player is, they aren't above criticism when they play badly. He was missing open players all over the field the past two weeks.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well that game sucked . Just one big epic **** storm cluster ****. Happened last time we played these jokers too. We went on to the super bowl and won. This is exactly the type of thing they need . Games like today bring focus and change. The only thing I'm concerned with is just how fragile our linebackers are. The middle of the field is so very soft without our best fastest guys and we get gutted like deer.

chipped ham

Reaction score
Everyone saying this was the worst game in a long time don't remember the shellacking from New England a few years ago. The 55-24 game or whatever the **** it was. Or even the 04 championship game. Or how about 2006 with Cowher when we scored, what, 6 points in two games against them while McNair and the ravens shut em out? There's an aura in philly and we aren't gonna win there. Not saying that that's the only reason we lost, but it's a sure bet we'll play like **** in philly. Not exactly ready to throw in the towel.

mdk2

Reaction score
Last time we got destroyed in Philly, we lifted a lombardi at seasons end... hopefully that trend continues.

fogdoctor

Reaction score
The Eagles front seven is for real. Our front seven is suck donkey balls. That is all.

Really, that was the story of this game.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
The Eagles front seven is for real. Our front seven is suck donkey balls. That is all.

Really, that was the story of this game.
Hell they didn't need their front 7, their front 4 killed our oline and put tons of pressure on Ben and then with 7 in coverage and no time, there was no one open.

Our defense, 0 pressure

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Hell they didn't need their front 7, their front 4 killed our oline and put tons of pressure on Ben and then with 7 in coverage and no time, there was no one open.

Our defense, 0 pressure

that is one area I am confident will bounce back, the O-line.....

and with Bells return it will at least make it a watchable season, although short on our ultimate desires

BurghThing

Reaction score

Our defense, 0 pressure

But they make up for the 0 pressure by not covering anyone and refusing to tackle!