• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

We still have Le'Veon and Green waiting to take their first snaps this year..

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Can you imagine what we will have with this offense later this season with those two in, running at full strength? Wish Martavis could have behaved to keep the whole band together, but too late for that.

Either way, here's hoping our boys can stay largely healthy. I am legitimately excited to see what they can do when the whole group is out there together. We are a 35ppg offense.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I don't think Green is ever going to play a snap for us.

Steelz

Reaction score
You can add Wheaton to the mix too who is more solid and reliable than anyone else we have at #2 right noway. Even Dupree on defense, this team can get dangerously good really quick soon.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn yeah I forgot about Wheaton too.. Just really need this offense to stay relatively healthy and not suspended after week 3.. America needs this

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
This thread makes me even more irritated with Bell's and Bryant's suspensions.

awboatguy

Reaction score
There's something about the Green situation that does seem right and I wonder if the Steelers are ever going to see him on the field in game action.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I have high hopes that Bell gets his head out of his *** and we never have to talk about suspensions again. Bryant I'm not so sure about. I cross my fingers. Green I'd ask for a
refund and claim false advertising a busted player.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I do not care about Bell other than depth. I think dwill is faster and a better fit for the team. If dwill was a few years younger I would say bye bye bell...I think the team misses Bryant more. Bryant is just an explosive player. Wheaton is ok but expendable. The green situation is certainly suspicious and we may never know the truth. JJ has filled in nicely if green ever plays our offense sshould be best in the league.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
I do not care about Bell other than depth. I think dwill is faster and a better fit for the team. If dwill was a few years younger I would say bye bye bell...I think the team misses Bryant more. Bryant is just an explosive player. Wheaton is ok but expendable. The green situation is certainly suspicious and we may never know the truth. JJ has filled in nicely if green ever plays our offense sshould be best in the league.

You're out of your mind to even suggest that....Bell is so much more dynamic as a runner, blitz pick up and receiver package......that play vs SD last season at the goal line epitomizes his amazing skill

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
You're out of your mind to even suggest that....Bell is so much more dynamic as a runner, blitz pick up and receiver package......that play vs SD last season at the goal line epitomizes his amazing skill

He hasn't been all that the last 2 games....I think that was his point. And I will agree with him. And I believe the front office would also. If Williams was a few years younger Bell might not even be on our team, but Williams is an old guy. And Bell is still here. Baggage and all.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
There's something about the Green situation that does seem right and I wonder if the Steelers are ever going to see him on the field in game action.

I think the ankle story is bullshit and he has a head injury that they don't want to talk about.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
This thread makes me even more irritated with Bell's and Bryant's suspensions.

Bell, not so much, as he'll be back soon and Williams may be one of the top 5 RBs in the league when he plays, but Bryant is a huge loss.

Thinking of what an offense of a healthy Roethlisberger, Bell, Williams, Brown and Bryant could be over the course of a full 16 games kind of pisses me off, as I doubt we'll ever see it.

We'll just continue to be teased to death.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score

How is Bell a dynamic runner? He is not really a threat to take it to the house. He does not have elite speed. He gets caught from behind a lot. Williams has made several "wow" moves just this year. I also think Williams has more power.
Williams seems fine as a receiver, just don't think they use him all that much for whatever reason. I have not seen a problem with Williams blocking, but Bell might be a bit better. Don't get me wrong Bell is a great back, but he is not some God of an RB and there is very minimal is any drop off when Dwill is in there.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Last year dwill was leading the league in rushing and when Bell came back dwill was basically forgotten for 2 games. Hope the same does not happen this year

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
D Will needs to remain starter even when Bell comes off suspension. Bell does provide more versatility in the backfield but D Will is just a better pure runner that the offense is running on. Teams will target AB so guys like JJ, Grimble and Coates will see the ball come their way often. Coates is coming into his own, Wheaton is still to get healthy and cannot forget about Eli Rogers. So this offense has tools to win even with the suspensions. Keep injuries minimal, especially with Ben and the Steelers will be ok

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
How is Bell a dynamic runner? He is not really a threat to take it to the house. He does not have elite speed. He gets caught from behind a lot. Williams has made several "wow" moves just this year. I also think Williams has more power.
Williams seems fine as a receiver, just don't think they use him all that much for whatever reason. I have not seen a problem with Williams blocking, but Bell might be a bit better. Don't get me wrong Bell is a great back, but he is not some God of an RB and there is very minimal is any drop off when Dwill is in there.

Both Marshall Faulk and Ladainian Tomlinson consider Bell to the best RB in the game, which says something.

Williams is faster, but he is nowhere near as strong or athletic as Bell is.

There's a difference between the two, and I sincerely doubt that Williams would have been as successful with Vick and Jones at QB as Bell was.

Reactions: MTC

steel shinin

Reaction score
Are you serious? Bell is an extremely shifty runner, and while he doesnt have elite speed his field vision, patience, and his burst are elite. Williams is a great pure runner and has balance and a nice thump but Bell is a better all around talent. We still havent seen him in a playoff game or for a full season. He is dominant.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Are you serious? Bell is an extremely shifty runner, and while he doesnt have elite speed his field vision, patience, and his burst are elite. Williams is a great pure runner and has balance and a nice thump but Bell is a better all around talent. We still havent seen him in a playoff game or for a full season. He is dominant.

Pretty much.

The Steelers have two elite RBs, with one being about 10 years older than the other.

Overall, it's a good problem to have.

scraps

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Like to start seeing Justin Gilbert on the field to retrieve some punts (hate seeing AB back there in fear of injury). Last season, Gilbert returned 12 kicks for 339 yards, averaging 28.3 yards per return. Pretty damn good. Then start giving him some reps in the secondary. Read in one of his first full practices, he picked off Ben two or three times. This former first round CB pick could be a diamond in the rough for our woes in coverage. Won't know till he gets some reps.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I understand the hate Bell gets for ******* up. But for anyone to not be able to see how good he is as RB is crazy to me.