• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

We are being badly misled about the Ukraine-Russia war

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I would have thought the whole room would be about gone. The fact one person only died is fn nutts to me.

I'm not sure what type of grenades he dropped, but a lot of people got ****** up, you may have some later deaths,missing and mangled limbs and busted ear drums for sure.

Hopefully the guy who dropped them is dead or wishing he was dead right now.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
1703606618393.png

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hoo-boy, it's over for the Russkies! Look at this current map of the Russia-Ukraine conflict and just take a gander at the massive gains by the Ukrainian military stemming from their fall offensive!

Current Map of Russia-Ukraine Conflict

Okay, okay, it might seem that the Russians have actually pushed back the offensive and retaken territory at a massive cost to the Ukrainians of manpower and weapons (NATO's, not theirs, so there's that) but, but, but, but ... POO-TIN!

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
P.S. The Ukrainians are learning what Napoleon learned in 1812 and the Nazis learned in 1941-1943: the Russians fight wars of attrition. They overwhelm opponents with sheer numbers and are doing so yet again. Ukraine is getting crushed and has no males left to fight the war. Ukraine has approximately 325,000 casualties, or about 90% of its pre-invasion military force.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
P.S. The Ukrainians are learning what Napoleon learned in 1812 and the Nazis learned in 1941-1943: the Russians fight wars of attrition. They overwhelm opponents with sheer numbers and are doing so yet again. Ukraine is getting crushed and has no males left to fight the war. Ukraine has approximately 325,000 casualties, or about 90% of its pre-invasion military force.
And what the Germans learned in the second half of the 1800's, best simplified by Otto von Bismarck's gem: "....the secret of good politics? Make a good treaty with Russia"

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Thank god we're still giving billions to Ukraine, with another 60 billion in the pipeline if they pass through this ****** bill.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank god we're still giving billions to Ukraine, with another 60 billion in the pipeline if they pass through this ****** bill.

"uKrAnE's BoRdErZ MaTtErZ!"
- Same People Who Think This Is A-*******-Okay:

merlin_194913687_e7d8a60b-ddf8-4053-b304-4d75b6ca464c-superJumbo.jpg

Stewey

Reaction score

Afghanistan?
No mas. The Soviets up and quit that one.
I'm not so convinced that Ukraine is getting crushed. Shoulda been crushed a long time ago. Putin predicted Ukraine would fall in a matter of months, and here we are entering the third year, and the war lingers on.

By the accounts that I have read so far, the Soviets appear to be the ones being crushed according to figures of the numbers of Soviet troops killed and weapons destroyed.

Ukraine could be their next Afghanistan, perhaps a lesson that the Russians have not learned.

I mean everywhere you look....

1. Global web icon
    Forbes
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2024/02/04/...

The Clock Is Ticking As Ukraine Destroys More Russian Vehicles, …

Web5 days ago · In the 705 days since Russia widened its war on Ukraine, Russian forces on average have lost 19 tanks and fighting vehicles a day. ... the Russians lost around 80 …
  2. https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=ed98...3cuYmJjLmNvbS9uZXdzL3dvcmxkLTYxMDIxMzg4&ntb=1

Ukraine conflict: Why is Russia losing so many tanks? - BBC

3. Russians have lost more weapons and equipment than they had …

4. Russia’s War Has Been Brutal, but Putin Has Shown …

Why Is Russia Losing So Much Military Equipment In Ukraine?

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=6d79...XJlcG9ydC1pbnRsLWhuay1tbC9pbmRleC5odG1s&ntb=1
    https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=6d79...XJlcG9ydC1pbnRsLWhuay1tbC9pbmRleC5odG1s&ntb=1
    Russia has suffered dramatic casualties in Ukraine, U.S.

Russia having difficulty making new weapons, but …

WebApr 19, 2023 · CNN — Battlefield losses and Western sanctions have left the Russian military in a state of decline, but Moscow will still have enough firepower to extend the war in Ukraine, according to a...

Russia has lost nearly half its main battle tanks, report estimates
    WebFeb 16, 2023 · 2 min. Russia is estimated to have lost nearly half its main battle tanks in its war in Ukraine, according to a new analysis by the International Institute for Strategic …

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
"uKrAnE's BoRdErZ MaTtErZ!"
- Same People Who Think This Is A-*******-Okay:

merlin_194913687_e7d8a60b-ddf8-4053-b304-4d75b6ca464c-superJumbo.jpg

It truly shows you how very little they care about American citizens.

If they had their precious bank accounts emptied out to pay for all of these people, they'd be sending them back in a heartbeat.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Can we send our males that identify as males there?

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not so convinced that Ukraine is getting crushed. Shoulda been crushed a long time ago.

Ukraine is rounding up males off the street to populate their army. And I mean that literally. They also precluded every male between ages 18 and 60 from leaving the country since they are eligible for the draft. This story from the Reuters highlighted Ukraine's manpower problems - and this was written BEFORE Ukraine's massive losses in their summer ... ehh, fall "offensive."

Ukraine Casualties 354,000 BEFORE "Offensive"

Putin predicted Ukraine would fall in a matter of months, and here we are entering the third year, and the war lingers on.

By the accounts that I have read so far, the Soviets appear to be the ones being crushed according to figures of the numbers of Soviet troops killed and weapons destroyed.

Two points. First, relying on what Ukraine claims to be their losses is not sound. The intel released more than a year ago put estimated Ukrainian casualties at 300,000 before the massively unsuccessful "offensive." That was ten times what Ukraine admits. The casualties from the offensive were devastating to Ukraine. Their casualties are now believed to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 500,000.

NYT Reports Ukraine Casualties Approximately 500,000

The dead and wounded are basically Ukraine's best troops. The nation is now sending old men with 6 weeks of training into battle.

Second, Russia has five times the population of Ukraine. Russia can bear 500,000 casualties; Ukraine cannot. As Americans, we tend not to know much about Russia's history in WWII. The losses Russia suffered were unbelievable - literally unbelievable. Russia lost an estimated 5.3 MILLION in combat casualties and another 4.3 million "missing." 10 million dead and missing ... and they kept fighting.

The idea that Ukraine is going to "outlast" Russia is laughable. They simply do not have the men or materiel to compete with Russia's army.

Ukraine could be their next Afghanistan, perhaps a lesson that the Russians have not learned.

I mean everywhere you look....

Maybe not everywhere - just the lapdog bootlicking media. Russia will keep the land it gained. Russia is never going to "give up" Crimea. This conflict dates back to America's backing a coup of the Ukrainian government in February of 2014, when insurrectionists displaced the pro-Russian government. The prior regime was disgustingly corrupt and fortunately it was overthrown to be replaced by ... an equally corrupt government, but this one friendly to America's interests, not Russia's. (Take a look at the many political kids who somehow earned vast amounts of money from Ukrainian energy companies for doing nothing.)

By the way, the current government is not actually an elected government - Zelensky suspended elections because of the war. The area now under Russian control has a majority Russian-speaking population.

Stewey, NOTHING you are being told about the war - the Ukrainian casualties, what started the war, Russia's intentions, the wishes of the citizens in Eastern Ukraine, what happened in Crimea, the "democracy" in Ukraine, the "successes" of the Ukrainian military - are true.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Funny, I’m old enough to remember when Democrats were the anti-war party.

Aussie_Steeler

Reaction score
Funny, I’m old enough to remember when Democrats were the anti-war party.
That was back when the other side were nearly always Communists, although I do wonder why they are so keen to take the fight to Putin.