• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trent Richardson doesnt travel to New England with the Colts - "personal reasons"

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe Indy can trade him back for Johnny and some draft picks.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I remember the first time I heard him mentioned as a blue-chip, top-of-draft prospect. It was on a long run of his in 2010 (I guess). Think he was playing Florida and broke off a long one. The analysts were raving about such tremendous speed and playmaking ability from a bigger back. I didn't see any of it. Looked like a normal-speed, normal-bodied college back. The kind of guy who will pop in workouts but didn't show that athleticism on the field. Couldn't believe I was agreeing with Jim Dumbfuck Brown, but I just didn't see anything special there.

As a rookie, he was OK. Consistent for 3-4 yards, but no explosion whatsoever. Now, he's barely a roster-able talent, as he doesn't play a ST role that your #2/#3 RB should to justify his roster spor. He's surprisingly shown some wiggle when untouched, but he's one of the NFL's worst regular RBs at generating yardage after contact.

Yeah...He's was an average back...

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah...He's was an average back...

giant holes to run thru, horrible tackling, yup... looks like your typical college highlight video. Should we post one of Archer too?

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
No, you're right.. we can see now that he's a transcendent talent.

Jerome Bettis fked Barry Sanders and Trent fell out of one of their *****

I never said he was Jerome Bettis or Barry Sanders. What I said is that "he was NOT an average back in college"...

I

Idioteque

giant holes to run thru, horrible tackling, yup... looks like your typical college highlight video. Should we post one of Archer too?

Yes but this one had Lose Yourself in the background

fogdoctor

Reaction score
1) Never draft a running back that high.
2) Never draft a running back that high + he had a dominant OL.
3) Never draft a running back that high + he had a dominant OL + he runs a 4.6 / 40.
4) Never draft a running back that high + he had a dominant OL + he runs a 4.6 / 40 + he is 5'9 and 225lbs.

Honesty, if he like contact more, he was better suited to bulk up and be a full back in the NFL - but that NFL does not exist and full backs are unicorns. I liked him as a college player but I also knew exactly what he was. Same with Manziel, loved watching him in college but he is not an NFL QB.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Let it go...

the point stands, we can grab any college player and make a highlight video making him look great. Richardson had a dominant OL against inferior opponents. He didn't break a ton of tackles, he didn't make people miss consistently. He ran thru gaping holes and shoddy arm tackle attempts by DB's

I

Idioteque

I never said he was Jerome Bettis or Barry Sanders. What I said is that "he was NOT an average back in college"...

I just think he benefited from the line as insaniti said. I really never saw anything special there.

I'm no Bama fan, but my favorite back of theirs was Siran Stacy. He was awesome when I was 8 or 9.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score