• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Transgenderism - A Thread of Its Own

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I have a teen daughter and we had a little discussion this last weekend about the whole trans thing. She informed her first day of 9th grade they asked all the kids their preferred pronouns and all that garbage. Found out two more girls in her class are now trans over summer. I told her how I felt it being a mental disorder and she started going down that whole transphobe rabbit hole. I didn't budge. I had to just tell her there is nothing normal about trying to normalize trans/drag shows for children and then pointing the finger back at me as being on the wrong side. If I did that sort of thing 25 years ago as a straight man in front of elementary school children I would have been dragged to jail and probably beaten half to death. It is not normal and I don't understand how it's being treated or looked upon as acceptable. There has to be a flashpoint or something happen that the majority says enough of this BS and reign this back.
It's simply become the hip and attention-getting thing to do and teachers view every kid they can flip as a win.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Why are teenage girls suddenly realizing they are "trans"? Because they are teenage girls.

However, a doctor treating many of the students is confident that they are suffering not from poisoning, but from mass hysteria, also called mass psychogenic illness and other variants. Typically, symptoms—which can include Brownell’s Tourette’s-like movements, along with nausea, dizziness, cramping, and more—start with one or two victims and spread when others see or hear about them. Victims are often accused of faking it, but more often they are suffering real physical symptoms that are psychological in origin. The phenomenon has been observed for centuries, with the blame shifting to whatever specific anxieties are culturally pervasive at the time. But one theme has remained consistent: The victims are overwhelmingly female.
Until more is known about mass hysteria, the treatment of a 1789 case in Northern England might point the way to a cure both effective and enjoyable. The outbreak at a textile factory started when one woman teased another by putting a mouse in her dress; the skittish prank victim fell into convulsions. Soon, however, a rumor spread that an open bag of imported cotton had somehow caused the reaction, and others quickly began falling ill. The factory had to temporarily shut down when 24 people (21 women, two young girls, and one man) experienced violent convulsions so severe they had to be restrained. The plague ended when authorities convinced the patients that symptoms were “merely nervous.” To further tamp down anxieties, sufferers were encouraged to “take a cheerful glass and join in a dance.” The day after the dance, almost all the victims went back to work, their convulsions having disappeared for good.

Ignore the weirdos and the problem will disappear. Unfortunately, in today's social media society and with a lot of "experts" ready to make a lot of money, I doubt the problem simply goes away.

But make no mistake: This is simply mass hysteria gripping kids and convincing them that their negative body image is actually a sign they are "trans."

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Why are teenage girls suddenly realizing they are "trans"? Because they are teenage girls.
My daughter elected to move in with me and the second Mrs. Burgundy when she was 15. I count my blessings that there was virtually no drama.
Possibly she ran that tank empty when she lived with her mother. And she probably realized that if she F'd up I could send her back.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, so dudes get surgeried into women and smell like poo, then get mad when straight men, oops I mean cisgendered men, don't want to have sex with them.

I love how this article says it's all about societal attitudes and not just basic biology. I'm sorry but I have never seen a trans"man" who was even remotely attractive to me. A woman with a men's haircut, men's clothes and facial hair is just, sorry, an unattractive woman. Not a man. Some transwomen can pass pretty well with lots of makeup, fake boobs whatever. But a woman is never going to be able to make herself look like an attractive man.

Iron95

Contributor
Reaction score
I love how this article says it's all about societal attitudes and not just basic biology. I'm sorry but I have never seen a trans"man" who was even remotely attractive to me. A woman with a men's haircut, men's clothes and facial hair is just, sorry, an unattractive woman. Not a man. Some transwomen can pass pretty well with lots of makeup, fake boobs whatever. But a woman is never going to be able to make herself look like an attractive man.
This is all very confusing to some one like me with dyslexia.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
This is all very confusing to some one like me with dyslexia.
I think she said she liked the ones with ****, even if they were fake.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
It’s big money for hospitals and drug companies. Trans people need drugs the rest of their lives and routine follow ups. Politically it also forces them to vote Dem because they know they can’t pay for it themselves and need insurance and gov to pay for it.

Here’s video of Vanderbilt openly talking about all the money they’ll make. Maybe they can host Bum Fights in the lobby and sell tickets.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
It’s big money for hospitals and drug companies. Trans people need drugs the rest of their lives and routine follow ups. Politically it also forces them to vote Dem because they know they can’t pay for it themselves and need insurance and gov to pay for it.

Here’s video of Vanderbilt openly talking about all the money they’ll make. Maybe they can host Bum Fights in the lobby and sell tickets.
Horrifying.

Last edited:

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Vanderbilt's statement. Not a whiff of a mention of the person blithely discussing what big moneymakers these things are. Huh.

"Vanderbilt University Medical Center is now the subject of social media posts and a video that misrepresent facts about the care the Medical Center provides to transgender patients.

VUMC began its Transgender Health Clinic because transgender individuals are a high-risk population for mental and physical health issues and have been consistently underserved by the U.S. health system.

We have been and will continue to be committed to providing family-centered care to all adolescents in compliance with state law and in line with professional practice standards and guidance established by medical specialty societies.

VUMC requires parental consent to treat a minor patient who is to be seen for issues related to transgender care, and never refuses parental involvement in the care of transgender youth who are under age 18.

Our policies allow employees to decline to participate in care they find morally objectionable, and do not permit discrimination against employees who choose to do so. This includes employees whose personal or religious beliefs do not support gender-affirming care for transgender persons.

The Trans Buddy program mentioned in the video has received national acclaim. Its purpose is to provide peer volunteers who support persons who are seeking highly personal care in an unfamiliar environment, and who may have been refused medical services in the past or avoided seeking them out of fear of being met with hostility."

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score

It's quite similar to the vaccines. Follow the money. Same here. Vanderbilt doesn't care a lick about these people. This is a money train and they know it.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This thread should be named "Serious mental health issues and ****** up fads that need to go away"
Like I said in the other thread…the left celebrates mental illness, then act shocked when mentally ill people shoot up malls, concerts, schools…etc. We have spent decades justifying and telling people with mental health issues that they are normal…now we say we have a mental health issue in this country. You need a chainsaw to cut the hypocrisy.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You anti-Trans shitheads should take note of the great work being done by Jamie Lee Henry, the first openly transgender officer in the US Army.

Uhhh, never mind.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You anti-Trans shitheads should take note of the great work being done by Jamie Lee Henry, the first openly transgender officer in the US Army.

Uhhh, never mind.
not all heroes wear capes or have balls to scratch

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
not all heroes wear capes or have balls to scratch

So apparently this woman has balls to scratch and asks to be referred to as "he."

I guess you can change your gender, change it back again, and keep on changing it with greater regularity than Ogre changing underwear.

One great comment in the thread for the article I posted: "Of course the guy sold out America to the Russians. That's what trans do - they switch sides."

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Uhhh, never mind.
Quit being transphobic.