• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with using Vick on run/pass option plays on 4th and short, especially when rolling out with a moving pocket. The 4th down Vick-sweep left was an all run play, no pass. There were two guys open trailing him. If thats the best play we have then id say **** it, just let scooby-doobie-doh try another kick. Law of averages on the kick is a better call then that BS.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
I think Marvin would have a better record if he was here and had the Steelers FO to work with. One reason he has been there so long is that Bengals Mike Brown is too cheap to fire him and have to pay two head coaches.

Mike Brown doesn't wanna see his team become the Bears....fire a coach that avgs 10 wins and hire successors (failures) that generate a little more than half those wins.

It takes patience when you know you have a good thing. This Steelers team is on the cusp of greatness...it has all the parts offensively and on defense, its making gains. A few years ago we had a top performing defense and a less than stellar offense. Ben's in the prime of his life, we have a top tier RB and the games best crop of WRs since the Rams in 2000. If we can develop these youngsters on defense we can be poised to make serious deep runs for a Lombardi for at least 3-4 years. Last year I thought we would do damage in the playoffs but then Bell gets hurt. I thought this season we could win 12-13 games and then Ben's knee happened. Injuries have ****** this teams advancement the last few years. Especially with its skill position players

ark steel

Reaction score
I would argue, especially at this point in the game, its entirely up to Tomlin to say to Haley: "lets go with a run here coach, and by that i mean BELL"!

I didn't see the plays in question, but I think someone said Bell wasn't on the field? If true, that is just crazy. But, I've seen that a lot over the years on 3rd and short and an empty backfield. Even with Ben in there, I'd like to see a RB lined up back there next to him. Preferably, your #1RB.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
We will see how Tomlin does when Ben retires and he no longer has an elite talent at QB. I guess he'll be here for 8-10 more seasons after this one, but I'm often left wondering how much of his success is due to having a QB. I'm thinking a very large portion.

You can say that about any coach losing a franchise QB though....Take Manning away from Dungy. Brady from Belicheat. Elway from Shanahan. etc...

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
So what's the difference between Belicheat and Brady? Or Landry and Staubach. Noll and Bradshaw I could go on and on.

I didn't see your post until a second or 2 later...LOL

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Since the mediocre Dalton has been with the Bengals they have as many playoff wins as the Steelers, zero, they made the playoffs more than us and Dalton threw 99 TDs in that span while Ben only threw 107 or 8 more. Bagging on the Bengals only makes Tomlins failures magnify in comparison as we all know Ben is a great QB while Dalton is just eh.

How did you get back in? Why do you keep coming back.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Your posts bely your intelligence. Others in this thread have taken you to school, you add nothing to the discourse.

Pot meet Kettle......

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Right, I am the one afraid to run Bell on the huge 4th and one because he worked hard to get those yards . A simple mind who can't structure a rational thought or think independently but one who thinks he knows me,what time is your bed time junior ?

No I don't know you you're right sorry for the mistake. Got you mixed up with someone else. Pardon me.

Boy I needed that laugh..

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Today Tomlin came out and praised Jarvis Jones and said he has no sacks because we have been sending the left side linebackers 3 to 4 times more than the right side backers. Unfortunately this is an outright lie. Pro football focus said Jones leads the Steelers, rushing 47 % of the time. Typical Tomlin, spouting garbage and more excuses for the poor player who he was thrilled with when his pre draft workouts were abysmal.

Maybe you should start a Jarvis Jones thread on this subject. We haven't had one of those in a while.

ark steel

Reaction score
State Wins makes Shauk seem like a genius.

SteelVictory

Reaction score
Did anyone from the press ask Tomlin why Villanueva was on the field as a WR on that 4th & 2 play?
Why Antonio Brown was not on the field?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone from the press ask Tomlin why Villanueva was on the field as a WR on that 4th & 2 play?
Why Antonio Brown was not on the field?

I'm guessing to block.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Its amazing at what depths people will go to to come back to this board. Looks like he's currently on his pills though

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Today Tomlin came out and praised Jarvis Jones and said he has no sacks because we have been sending the left side linebackers 3 to 4 times more than the right side backers. Unfortunately this is an outright lie. Pro football focus said Jones leads the Steelers, rushing 47 % of the time. Typical Tomlin, spouting garbage and more excuses for the poor player who he was thrilled with when his pre draft workouts were abysmal.

Pretty sure that Tomlin said the right side backers, plural...so you have to take ALL of the right side backers (Moats, Dupree, even Harrison) add all their percentages up, then compare it to Jones. One thing is for sure, Jones has not been a liability, and if you actually focus on him, he gets push, he's getting more bend, and he's getting pressure. I've seem him in the Harrison choke hold a few times this year by LT's. Hate and spin the stats all you want, I don't see a lie there, I see someone who doesn't understand the rotation they are using on the right side.

Vader

Reaction score
Pretty sure that Tomlin said the right side backers, plural...so you have to take ALL of the right side backers (Moats, Dupree, even Harrison) add all their percentages up, then compare it to Jones. One thing is for sure, Jones has not been a liability, and if you actually focus on him, he gets push, he's getting more bend, and he's getting pressure. I've seem him in the Harrison choke hold a few times this year by LT's. Hate and spin the stats all you want, I don't see a lie there, I see someone who doesn't understand the rotation they are using on the right side.

Moats and Dupree play LOLB. Why would he be talking about them at ROLB?

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Guess it would just be a typo from "state wins" then, my point still stands as does Tomlins.

Zack_of_Steel

Reaction score
eiPnJhe.png

So it looks like:

ROLB:
Harrison - 67 rushes, 41.36%
Jones - 55 rushes, 47.01%

Total - 122 rushes, 43.73%

LOLB:
Dupree - 62 rushes, 42.47%
Moats - 59 rushes, 46.46%

Total - 121 rushes, 44.32%

The LOLBs have rushed just a bit more and Jarvis has benefited from the highest percentage of pass rushes. Seems like Tomlin was wrong to me.

Vader

Reaction score
Guess it would just be a typo from "state wins" then, my point still stands as does Tomlins.

I don't see that. Jones is playing ROLB and has rushed more (percentage wise) than the LOLB. How is Tomlin right?

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
eiPnJhe.png

So it looks like:

ROLB:
Harrison - 67 rushes, 41.36%
Jones - 55 rushes, 47.01%

Total - 122 rushes, 43.73%

LOLB:
Dupree - 62 rushes, 42.47%
Moats - 59 rushes, 46.46%

Total - 121 rushes, 44.32%

The LOLBs have rushed just a bit more and Jarvis has benefited from the highest percentage of pass rushes. Seems like Tomlin was wrong to me.

Don't confuse insaniti with factual information. Tomlin rulz!

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Harrison has rushed from both the right and left side this year. And somehow the point is still going over all of your heads, but it's OK. I'm sure Tomlin is just out there lying through his teeth, because he's an *******...**** anything and everything Tomlin does! (I can play that game too)

ark steel

Reaction score
When I saw the article it said, just before that "especially in the 49ers and Rams games." What are the counts from those games?