• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

To Kansas City!

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Should be...hope Ben is healthy and out of the game by th beginning of the 4th.

Coaching be smart, and we walk....

Tyreek Hill gives them an added dimension they did not have last time. They have used him as a deep threat WR, on reverses and a few run plays. He's dangerous but I'm still not scared of Alex Smith.
Smith is and always willbe a mediocre Starting Qb... he isnt good enough to beat you on his own talent, but sleep on him when he has players around him and ge will beat you

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
Andy Reid will do the same ******* thing he does every single game, and will not have a different game plan for the playoffs. Good teams beat Andy in the playoffs, because he is so predictable. He's like Cowher without Whisenhunt.

Reid 19-2 after a bye 3-0 in the playoffs...While I agree with you to an extent that record says alot

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Skip Bayless Verified account
‏@RealSkipBayless

Now the Steelers get to go to Kansas City to play for the right to lose in New England.
That fella can choke on my meat pole...

Gotta play the best at this time of year...
Nice post - I think we have the better PO experienced team; but, we can't sleep on them...

Tyreek Hill.. He scares me for sure. He and Kelce are the ones who worry me. If we don't let either one of them go off for a huge game, I think we will be ok
If I'm the coaching staff this week - PLAN NUMERO UNO - STOP THE PASSING ATTACK. NUMERO DEUCE - KEEP SMITH IN THE POCKET. Game over.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Kelce and Hill need game planned for, we can't afford to end up with a LB on Hill ever, and the only LB that should ever covers Kelce one on one is Shazier.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
I'm not counting the game this year at Heinz but am I crazy....I remember the Steelers playing at Arrowhead last season or was it two years ago without Ben and Landry Jones had us within a field goal on a low scoring game with 5 minutes left. I'm pretty sure the Steelers have beaten the Chiefs at least 4 times in the last 5 years except that game. Not saying this is the same Chiefs but for some reason the Steelers play well against them. Todd Haley probably still wants to stick it to KC for being fired.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm not counting the game this year at Heinz but am I crazy....I remember the Steelers playing at Arrowhead last season or was it two years ago without Ben and Landry Jones had us within a field goal on a low scoring game with 5 minutes left. I'm pretty sure the Steelers have beaten the Chiefs at least 4 times in the last 5 years except that game. Not saying this is the same Chiefs but for some reason the Steelers play well against them. Todd Haley probably still wants to stick it to KC for being fired.
Yep last year, we cut the lead to 16-13 with 10 mins to go, KC scored a td to make it 23-13 final. They play mostly man D, Brown and Ben should eat the up.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Reid 19-2 after a bye 3-0 in the playoffs...While I agree with you to an extent that record says alot

Those are great stats. Watching him in Philadelphia was like watching early Cowher. Blow games at home in the championship games to inferior talent. Only one shot at a SB and let it slip away. Those Philly teams had great defense and dominated for 4 straight years. They just couldn't win the big one, and they should have.

This same Andy Reid was up 38-10 against the Colts at home in the 3rd quarter, and lost that game. I've never been sold on Reid.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
I'd say Neil let that super bowl slip away

SteelerAl

Reaction score
The keys to the game are not turning the ball over and playing good red zone defense.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
The key on defense is covering their TE's and backs, and not letting Smith run for yardage.

For Special teams, kick it right, and tackle.

For the offense stay away from CB Peter on deeper throws, as he can create turnovers.

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
I'd say Neil let that lwoB repuS slip away

And you will be wrong if you're talking about Neil Odonnell.

One Corey Holliday ran the wrong route. Didn't understand he was the hot receiver as Neill had signalled the Cowboys were blitzing. Rookie mistake.

Odonnell gets to own it for not wanting to throw Holliday under the bus.

Neill was on fire as they were comin . back to win that.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The key on defense is covering their TE's and backs, and not letting Smith run for yardage.

For Special teams, kick it right, and tackle.

For the offense stay away from CB Peter on deeper throws, as he can create turnovers.

For the most important phase, the score board, us one more than them.....................

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
KC finished #26 in run defense, and gave up 4.4 yards per carry, so Bell should have a shot at another big day. If the Chiefs sell out to stop the run, Ben and Brown should make them pay. The Steelers were beating them 36-0 through 3 quarters in week 4 in Pittsburgh, although that game was a long time ago. Kansas City doesn't seem to have the huge home field advantage they once did -- they've had quite a few close games there over the last two seasons, including losses to the Bears, Bucs, and Titans.

I like the matchup.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
KC finished #26 in run defense, and gave up 4.4 yards per carry, so Bell should have a shot at another big day. If the Chiefs sell out to stop the run, Ben and Brown should make them pay. The Steelers were beating them 36-0 through 3 quarters in week 4 in Pittsburgh, although that game was a long time ago. Kansas City doesn't seem to have the huge home field advantage they once did -- they've had quite a few close games there over the last two seasons, including losses to the Bears, Bucs, and Titans.

I like the matchup.
Bills, Bengals, Rats even the Phins were regarded as "run stoppers". Since game 4 this Steeler O line has improved dramatically as a unit as well. LaDanian Tomlinson paid the Steelers O Line a nice compliment the other day on the NFL Network noting the O lines of the Cowboys and Patriots are good but the O Line of the Steelers is as good if not better and do not get the attention of the others.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Dolphins were not considered run stoppers, they had like 30th ranked rush defense, and I don't think Buffalo was ranked to high either.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
Um one thing off of that recollection... it was sudden death ot back then.. the chiefs scored a field goal and it was over

I remember that gaem as well. My biggest memory was Eric Green scoring a late TD, then doing the chop in the endzone. I was yelling at the TV saying that was a dumb thing to do on the road with time and Joe Montana as the other QB.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Dolphins were not considered run stoppers, they had like 30th ranked rush defense, and I don't think Buffalo was ranked to high either.

You're correct...when the Steelers played the Bills, Buffalo's run defense was ranked in the mid-twenties, while they had a top ten pass D. I remember being frustrated when Ben came out throwing in a snowstorm.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
I think whoever wins this game, goes on to the Super Bowl. Pats are going to get upset

Very wishful thinking. I just can't see it happening. Unless former Pats* coach O'Brien knows enough about the "patriot way" to neutralize the advantages they get thereof.

I just hope we take care of our business. Let the road bring what it may. I give our guys a shot against anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerAl

Reaction score

Yes, the Bills allowed over 200 yards to a RB in 3 games this season. Their run D was awful.

str8liner

Reaction score

I like the matchup.

My thoughts exactly. Run Le'veon run! Especially late in the game.

Spike

Reaction score

yeah, that's their whole offense

How about just trying to stop Kelce?

Chiefs' TE Kelce poses defensive matchup problems

New England Patriots star Rob Gronkowski often wears the label as the most dynamic tight end in the NFL.

Yet those who've tried to run with the Kansas City Chiefs' Travis Kelce or schemed to stop him say the 27-year-old belongs in that conversation. At 6-foot-5 and 260 pounds, Kelce is listed an inch shorter than Gronk and five pounds lighter, but he's likely quicker and possibly more elusive.

The fourth-year pro ranked first among tight ends and 12th among all pass-catchers with 1,125 yards this season.

“He's rare, to have that kind of size and speed and athletic ability,” Steelers linebacker Arthur Moats said. “And with him, I'd say he has more wiggle than Gronk.”

At different times Sunday, a linebacker, safety or cornerback could find themselves chasing after him. With Gronkowski on injured reserve, Kelce can clearly be called the most dangerous tight end left in the playoffs.

“He's just so dynamic, what he can do in the passing game,” Steelers tight end Jesse James said. “(He's) the best probably in the NFL this year for sure. He just keeps improving each year. He's exciting to watch.”

Kelce was a reliable target for quarterback Alex Smith late in the season with more than 100 yards receiving in five of the final seven weeks. He had four in a row in Weeks 11-14.

“Kelce is as dynamic as any tight end in football right now,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. “Man, he's a special guy. He's a matchup issue. Too athletic for linebackers. Too big and strong often time for secondary people. It's probably going to require a combination of both. That and some zone coverage and such to minimize his impact on the game.”

The Steelers' game plan worked well in Week 4.

Targeted a team-best eight times, Kelce caught five passes for just 23 yards. The longest reception was nine yards. His touchdown catch – a 3-yarder – came on fourth-down with 4 seconds left in a Chiefs' blowout loss.

He was targeted three times in the red zone.

When the Chiefs had first-and-goal from 7 in the third quarter, Smith threw twice at Kelce but the team failed to score. Cornerback Justin Gilbert defended Kelce on the second-down incompletion, a matchup Tomlin noted this week.

“In my head what I kept telling myself was, ‘He's still a tight end,'” Gilbert said. “Me being a cornerback and him being a tight end, I should be able to cover him and run with him all day, even though he is as good as he is.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/11772335-74/kelce-tight-steelers