• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

To Kansas City!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
**** Skippy boy as not only did we win the right to play next week but we will win next week thus earning us the right to play again, in a week. We can and will beat the ******* CHEATRIOTS and at their cheating house.!!!!!!!!

Salute the nation

Last edited:

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
If the Steelers avoid turning the ball over, they win next week.

The Chiefs simply do not have the offensive weapons to match the Steelers.

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
If we are healthy we can beat any team, anywhere. The defense when everybody is out there is fast, and has playmakers. As long as they tackle Kansas City is in deep ****. Offensively if Rogers and the other kids keep making big plays no defense is doing **** with the offense.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
If we are healthy we can beat any team, anywhere. The defense when everybody is out there is fast, and has playmakers. As long as they tackle Kansas City is in deep ****. Offensively if Rogers and the other kids keep making big plays no defense is doing **** with the offense.
Yes have to tackle that little ******* #10 for KC, his name is slipping my mind for some reason

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes have to tackle that little ******* #10 for KC, his name is slipping my mind for some reason

Tyreek Hill.. He scares me for sure. He and Kelce are the ones who worry me. If we don't let either one of them go off for a huge game, I think we will be ok

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Gotta keep the ball away from Hill on special teams otherwise he's gonna put up some huge plays.

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
The Chefs don't match up well with the Steelers. We beat them 43-14 earlier with our shittier defense. This should be an easy win like today's was.

Should be...hope Ben is healthy and out of the game by th beginning of the 4th.

Coaching be smart, and we walk....

Chicoman

Reaction score
All I know is our special teams better be more efficient. Tyrek Hill is a burner!

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Andy Reid will do the same ******* thing he does every single game, and will not have a different game plan for the playoffs. Good teams beat Andy in the playoffs, because he is so predictable. He's like Cowher without Whisenhunt.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
I know we dont live in our fears, but I hope the boys are aware that this game sets up much like the game we just won.

We were humiliated by the fish on the road and came back and played with a better focus at home and landed hay makers to really control the game.

The last time we played KC, it was our "redemption week." I think they will be able to use the same motivations as we did this week.

I fully expect to get their best shot next week.

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
They don't have anyone who can touch #'s 7, 26 and 84. They will be tough, but if our OL can handle Suh and Wake they can deal with their DL. Their DB's are legit, the offense will have to be on to win.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Andy Reid will do the same ******* thing he does every single game, and will not have a different game plan for the playoffs. Good teams beat Andy in the playoffs, because he is so predictable. He's like Cowher without Whisenhunt.
Cowhers teams weren't predictable at all.

This is what we drafted davis for, to cover TE's like Kelce, better not put Timmons on him to many times

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this game for 23 - twenty-three! - years.

The Steelers lost a wild wild-card game there in OT in 1993. They looked to be in good shape, but Mark Royals had a punt blocked late in the fourth quarter. It was returned to the Steeler 9, and on fourth down Montana threw a TD pass to tie the game. Each team scored a TD in overtime, then the Chiefs won on a late field goal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Kansas_City_Chiefs_season#AFC_Divisional_Playoffs

The next week, the Chiefs beat the Oilers in the divisional playoff -- the last time they won a home playoff game.

So it's time for payback!

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this game for 23 - twenty-three! - years.

The Steelers lost a wild wild-card game there in OT in 1993. They looked to be in good shape, but Mark Royals had a punt blocked late in the fourth quarter. It was returned to the Steeler 9, and on fourth down Montana threw a TD pass to tie the game. Each team scored a TD in overtime, then the Chiefs won on a late field goal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Kansas_City_Chiefs_season#AFC_Divisional_Playoffs

The next week, the Chiefs beat the Oilers in the divisional playoff -- the last time they won a home playoff game.

So it's time for payback!

Um one thing off of that recollection... it was sudden death ot back then.. the chiefs scored a field goal and it was over

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
That's right. Good work - I stand corrected.

I recall Steeler CB D.J. Johnson getting ejected early in OT for kicking a Chiefs player, who was on the ground, in the helmet. The crowd went crazy. Mrs. Ghost and I always thought that gave the Chefs a big boost.

I saw an interview with Cowher a year or two after he retired. They asked him for his best and worst losses. He cited this game, in part because of the way the Chiefs tied it, and also because he had been their DC before taking the Steeler job.

Last edited:

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Tyreek Hill gives them an added dimension they did not have last time. They have used him as a deep threat WR, on reverses and a few run plays. He's dangerous but I'm still not scared of Alex Smith.