• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Timmons??

BurghThing

Reaction score
And it was ******* awful. Of course, we had at least 7 guys go down yesterday and either miss the rest of the game or at least a couple series. Timmons, Golden, Shazier, Harrison was gimpy, Burns was gimpy, Jarvis was hurting, Rogers went down. I thought they demolished Veterans Stadium. It was the ******* body bag game reincarnated. There was a serious funk to this game and I don't like blaming anything on injury, but come the **** on. No wonder the defense sucked.

Jarvis was hurting us when he was on the field, that doesn't count.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
They said severed artery. Fixable if you catch it quick enough but he'll be out for a while. I sever arteries almost every day but then the people are already dead. (That's how you embalm someone.)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Too many high draft picks over the years at LB that didn't pan out. Bell, Woodley, Worilds, Jones.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
He had ONE tackle. Timmons leads the team every season.

Wait a minute here....it sounds as though you did not get the memo. It is well known that every single tackle Timmons has ever made has been at least 27 yards downfield due to his poor angles unsound run defense. He has never made a play at the line of scrimmage in his career.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would expect Fort would have played better had both Shazier and Timmons not gone down.

VW has never struct me as a brainiac and yesterday he ran from sideline to sideline like a ******* penguin.

We had a safety and both inside LBS go down.....that is going to seriously **** with your run support not to mention communication and set up.

Turns out to be a good thing that they kept both Fort and Dirty Red.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
From what I SAW yesterday Fort is lucky to have a spot on the roster, didn't look like he could hold Red's jock much less Timmy's. He was about as good at keeping out of the play as Chick was. Then put an uninspired Vince out there with them and it looked like a preseason flashback. At least Red was flying around on STs and looked pretty good on the first goal line play he was in on. I'd think from what I SAW that maybe he and Fort should switch roles. And Timmons is still the 2nd or 3rd best LB on this team even at his ripe old age of 65

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Timmons has only missed 2 games in his NFL career. He plays hurt and plays well.

But man they need to get him some help out there.

What about the red headed kid?

chipped ham

Reaction score
Jarvis was hurting us when he was on the field, that doesn't count.

While I completely agree, it was still a ridiculous amount of injuries to starting players. In one damn game. Again, not blaming the injuries, but how often does that happen in one ******* game? And how often does that team prevail? Six starters left that game yesterday.

ark steel

Reaction score
Sounds dangerous. I wish Timmons well, but please don't tell me what he's making this year.

ironically, this is the year he will be playing less than he has over the past several years and will be the highest cap hit.

ark steel

Reaction score
I think Williams has been quite good in Run D in the past.

I'd like to see Timmons blitz more and cover less.

Not a whole lot I like to see less than when Harrison drops into coverage.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Woodley more than worked out until he got fat and lazy.

That's what I'm saying, we should've gotten 3 to 5 more good years out of him.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
making what he's earned and what he deserves considering how ****** we played after he left.

LT is the highest paid LB in the league this season. Like I said Supe, he's no longer ideal in coverage, and this is a passing league. With our pass rush, we need all the coverage we can get.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
LT is the highest paid LB in the league this season. Like I said Supe, he's no longer ideal in coverage, and this is a passing league. With our pass rush, we need all the coverage we can get.

His salary and cap hit are two different things. So no he is not the highest paid LB. You've been told about that numerous times

Last edited:

jsinohio

Reaction score

But isn't Timmons role primarily to fill the buck, not the mack position, therefore not generally expected to drop into coverage and be more of the "stay at home" tackler?

ark steel

Reaction score
But isn't Timmons role primarily to fill the buck, not the mack position, therefore not generally expected to drop into coverage and be more of the "stay at home" tackler?

that is what one would expect. in 2014 and 2015, he would switch if Shaz had to go out and they would bring Williams back in. While not as good in coverage as he once was, that was a pretty good option and nice to have someone who could do it.

Now, it seems they are dropping him more into coverage and changing how that spot on the D is played, which, goes against what he gained the extra weight and muscle for. Seems like they are scheming to his "weakness" rather than to his strength.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Is there a Buck or Mac when you play Nickle? Nope? We play far more nickel Does that answer you the question?

NFL teams know where the mismatches are and Timmons or Williams in coverage is a bad match up for us.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
His salary and cap hit are two different things. So no he is not the highest paid LB. You've been told about that numerous times

Though he pretends to be an expert he completely ignores these basic concepts, why or why?

He will probably not answer your post as its Always the case when beaten down in an argument. The sad thing is he will repeat his argument again a month later in a new thread (that he started, obviously)

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Though he pretends to be an expert he completely ignores these basic concepts, why or why?

He will probably not answer your post as its Always the case when beaten down in an argument. The sad thing is he will repeat his argument again a month later in a new thread (that he started, obviously)

Pretty much

jsinohio

Reaction score
Is there a Buck or Mac when you play Nickle? Nope? We play far more nickel Does that answer you the question?

NFL teams know where the mismatches are and Timmons or Williams in coverage is a bad match up for us.

You may be correct in that the sub package vs base defense is being used like 2/3'rds of the time now. But even when they run the nickel/big nickel, even then isn't Timmons role still more "linebacker" than hybrid? At least, that's how I thought the defensive philosophy for the Steelers ran...barring injuries of course. Undoubtedly he does not possess his game speed of a few years ago, but he's been a mainstay tackler for sure.

awboatguy

Reaction score
Here is the real question. How in the hell do you get a puncture wound on the field? A cleat?

Rob Leiter / Getty Images Sport / Getty
Steelers' Timmons treated for puncture wound, expected to play Week 4
David P. Woods Sep 27, 2016 12:26
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons was taken to hospital with a leg injury Sunday and now we know why.

Head coach Mike Tomlin announced Tuesday that Timmons was treated for a puncture wound. No further details were provided, but it sounds like Timmons had to be stitched up and that's the reason for his hospital visit.

The good news for Timmons and the Steelers is that the issue isn't expected to prevent the linebacker from playing this weekend, according to Tomlin.