• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Timmons??

jsinohio

Reaction score
So, any word on the extent of his injury? All thats out there is "shin"'and that he returned to the locker room.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
And ton of bloody towels. Must have a gash and needed stitches.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score

jsinohio

Reaction score
So, when Timmons is out and Shazier is of the field, who is calling the defensive plays? I know losing Golden early didn't help, but it just looked like chaos out there yesterday. The whole defensive unit just did not look cohesive at all and I'm wondering if the lack of someone to effectively call the defensive sets was a contributor.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
all you ******* who wanted to see what the defense would look like without Timdong got your wish.

ark steel

Reaction score
So, when Timmons is out and Shazier is of the field, who is calling the defensive plays? I know losing Golden early didn't help, but it just looked like chaos out there yesterday. The whole defensive unit just did not look cohesive at all and I'm wondering if the lack of someone to effectively call the defensive sets was a contributor.

Shazier has been calling the plays even with Timmons on the field. I've seen Shaz and Timmons talking and motioning to each other, so, clearly, they are working together.

ark steel

Reaction score
And ton of bloody towels. Must have a gash and needed stitches.

bloody towels made think of bone broken through skin, but he walked into the locker room, so, surely, cant be that bad. Hopefully, just a cut of some kind.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
bloody towels made think of bone broken through skin, but he walked into the locker room, so, surely, cant be that bad. Hopefully, just a cut of some kind.

Sounds dangerous. I wish Timmons well, but please don't tell me what he's making this year.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds dangerous. I wish Timmons well, but please don't tell me what he's making this year.

making what he's earned and what he deserves considering how ****** we played after he left.

chipped ham

Reaction score
all you ******* who wanted to see what the defense would look like without Timdong got your wish.

And it was ******* awful. Of course, we had at least 7 guys go down yesterday and either miss the rest of the game or at least a couple series. Timmons, Golden, Shazier, Harrison was gimpy, Burns was gimpy, Jarvis was hurting, Rogers went down. I thought they demolished Veterans Stadium. It was the ******* body bag game reincarnated. There was a serious funk to this game and I don't like blaming anything on injury, but come the **** on. No wonder the defense sucked.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Argue all you want, but everyone here says "make the money while you can" . Timmons is making the money and he deserves it. His play is pretty good and has been considering the talent he has played with over his career.

Salute the nation

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score

He's making 8 million this year. He's repeatedly taken restructures to help the team and kept pushing his own money down the line. Timmons is solid.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
He's making 8 million this year. He's repeatedly taken restructures to help the team and kept pushing his own money down the line. Timmons is solid.

I would say in his prime he was a very good, perhaps the best player on the defense for a year or so. But that was then and this is now. Timmons is slower, being phased out of the passing game and on the decline in general.

I'm thinking Fort is the better option vs the pass, and might be the better player for the way the Defense is being called.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
every one of you Timdong haters who said Vince Williams is "just as good" ... where are you?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would say in his prime he was a very good, perhaps the best player on the defense for a year or so. But that was then and this is now. Timmons is slower, being phased out of the passing game and on the decline in general.

I'm thinking Fort is the better option vs the pass, and might be the better player for the way the Defense is being called.
the same Fort who ended the game with all of ONE tackle? That Fort? there were ample opportunities to make useless tackles, but Fort chose to not engage in those activities. Most of the defense ignored them as well.

chipped ham

Reaction score
every one of you Timdong haters who said Vince Williams is "just as good" ... where are you?

I am with you here too. Vince Williams was hot ******* garbage yesterday. Him and moats were, in my opinion, the two worst defenders on the field. Williams didn't wanna step up in the running game and played soft, and moats just ran around trying to generate a rush. I can't believe I'm saying this, but chick was better than him yesterday.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score

Hes thirty ******* years old. He's not 37. Yah he's a step slower, but he shouldn't be covering tight ends down the seam in the first place. Obviously he's being taken out in third down because THEY DRAFTED SHAZIER FOR HIS SPEED TO COVER THE TIGHT END. Should they take Shazier out on third down and leave Timmons in? Like how hard of a concept is this to understand that he isn't being taken out for poor play it's because they have someone that is supposed to take the heat off Timmons. He has played almost every single snap for ten seasons. That's incredible.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Hes thirty ******* years old. He's not 37. Yah he's a step slower, but he shouldn't be covering tight ends down the seam in the first place. Obviously he's being taken out in third down because THEY DRAFTED SHAZIER FOR HIS SPEED TO COVER THE TIGHT END. Should they take Shazier out on third down and leave Timmons in? Like how hard of a concept is this to understand that he isn't being taken out for poor play it's because they have someone that is supposed to take the heat off Timmons. He has played almost every single snap for ten seasons. That's incredible.

Because getting old is frowned upon. Like Timmons can stay 23 forever. Yeah let's jump his **** cause he has the nerve to have a birthday every year.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Steelerfan81,

The bottom line is some positions can afford to be a little slower, others can not. If you not rushing the passer as a linebacker, you better have some speed and coverage ability. Timmons has delinced here. We both agree on that point. Yes, Timmons was a very good player, and ultra durable, but I'm being serious when I says Fort at this point in Timmons career could be the better cover backer. I'm not sure what Timmons really weights, but I think he be better off losing a a few pounds.

-Coach

Last edited:
C

Clete

Taking restructures does not push his money down theine, he gets paid IMMEDIATELY as his salary for the year is turned into a signing bonus.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Timmons salary cap hit is a byproduct of multiple past restructures that have created nearly $7 million in dead money, with his actual salary only account for under $9 million of his total $15.1 million cap value.

Still, those restructures were not fabrications or magic, but rather legitimate reworkings of his contract, and so technically it must be regarded as his contract authentically, even though there is little to be done about it. It was the price that the front office chose to pay for having significantly lower cap hits on the first five years of Timmons’ contract.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2016/07/pff-takes-aim-lawrence-timmons-bloated-cap-hit/

Last edited:

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Taking restructures does not push his money down theine, he gets paid IMMEDIATELY as his salary for the year is turned into a signing bonus.

Maybe I poorly worded it but I meant that his cap hit is 15.1 million this season but he's only being paid 8.

And coach, Fort blows bags of dicks. I should suspend your account until Sunday so you can stop talking about **** you didn't even see. Maybe had you watched Fort play almost the entire game yesterday you would know he sucked ***. Just like everyone else. He had ONE tackle. Timmons leads the team every season.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score

I never hated Timmons.. but I DO Like Williams.

One player doesn't make or break the defense. We have been carrying Jarvis 3 years.

This team got out coached and out game planned yesterday.
AND
Their O and D line dominated ours.