• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

They stab it with their Steely McBeam knives but they just can't kill the beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I will hold back my rave reviews until regular season football starts and the Steelers play their first road game against a dog.

I seem to remember Jarvis Jones looking pretty good his first camp too. In fact does any rookie ever look terrible in camp? Sunshine and buttercups baby! We don't eat our young until they've seasoned a bit.

Reactions: MTC

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
We have needed guys to do all that you have stated for years now...even when Dick was here....So now we are trying to get the personnel to play man...I guess better late than never.

Could be that Dick was the one holding us back from this transformation and getting rid of him was the major step in the process.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Could be that Dick was the one holding us back from this transformation and getting rid of him was the major step in the process.

So how long has it been since Dick "retired"? You act like was just this past ,off season or something. Which is my main point...We should have been bringing in guys that could man up for YEARS now....FA is not a bad thing.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
So how long has it been since Dick "retired"? You act like was just this past ,off season or something. Which is my main point...We should have been bringing in guys that could man up for YEARS now....FA is not a bad thing.

The answer to this question is two years. And during that time, they've been drafting and acquiring DBs through FA that fit where Butler would like to take this defense. YOU act likes it's been DECADES since Lebeau retired. Two years. smdh.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually Coach LeBeau isn't retired. He's the DC for Tenn, under Mike Mularkey.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score

You are confusing it with FG Bruce Arians' forced "retirement".
Glad that guy is gone by the way

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
The answer to this question is two years. And during that time, they've been drafting and acquiring DBs through FA that fit where Butler would like to take this defense. YOU act likes it's been DECADES since Lebeau retired. Two years. smdh.
To be honest I thought it was a bit longer than 3 off season for Butler....again. that is 3 off seasons we could have signed a FA that can play man coverage. And I'm not talking about guys no on else wants and come in here with a league minumum salary. And I'm not really putting the blame on Butler....more so on the front office. Butler isn't the one signing FA's. He just works with what he is given.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
You are confusing it with FG Bruce Arians' forced "retirement".
Glad that guy is gone by the way
That's right. He resigned his position here...

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How can Superman edit a post by Elfiero?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post

Many posters here have posted multiple times that the way to beat brady is to knock him on his ***....and they posted it way before last seasons game....you are not some great football genius.....

Nor did I claim I was.......lol

What's with all the hostility? It's just an observation among many ,by many, yet I get the pitchforks and mob.

Last edited by Superman; Yesterday at 04:41 PM.

Just curious...

same way I can edit yours....coolie

Last edited by a moderator:

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
so a mod can edit what someone posts to whatever they wish?

Basically putting words into a poster mouths so to speak?

hmmm?

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest I thought it was a bit longer than 3 off season for Butler....again. that is 3 off seasons we could have signed a FA that can play man coverage. And I'm not talking about guys no on else wants and come in here with a league minumum salary. And I'm not really putting the blame on Butler....more so on the front office. Butler isn't the one signing FA's. He just works with what he is given.

Didn't have the cap room to bring Revis (in his almost prime) or anyone else of "high caliber" during that time. Remember, Woodley's contract was eating up a fair amount of space until .. what, last year? Also had some of our own that we had to resign to larger contracts in order to retain; Heyward, Foster, DeCastro, Gilbert ... That, on top of Ben and Pouncey's contracts took up even more. Who were they going to bring in at that time that met your criteria and they could afford?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't have the cap room to bring Revis (in his almost prime) or anyone else of "high caliber" during that time. Remember, Woodley's contract was eating up a fair amount of space until .. what, last year? Also had some of our own that we had to resign to larger contracts in order to retain; Heyward, Foster, DeCastro, Gilbert ... That, on top of Ben and Pouncey's contracts took up even more. Who were they going to bring in at that time that met your criteria and they could afford?

Lol....right. Never had the cap space to do anytging....but have always signed our own players ... if they wanted to bring in a guy or 2 over the years they would/could have made it happen. ...they have always hose not to...just like this past off season. And I'm not saying bring in a tier one FA....theRe are alway quality guys available after the first wave. We have always just sat on our hands.

And seriously though...why all the excuses. You act like they could not have done anything differently. Learn from your mistakes...don't keep doing the exact same thing year in and year out and expect different results.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol....right. Never had the cap space to do anytging....but have always signed our own players ... if they wanted to bring in a guy or 2 over the years they would/could have made it happen. ...they have always hose not to...just like this past off season. And I'm not saying bring in a tier one FA....theRe are alway quality guys available after the first wave. We have always just sat on our hands.

And seriously though...why all the excuses. You act like they could not have done anything differently. Learn from your mistakes...don't keep doing the exact same thing year in and year out and expect different results.

No excuses bud ... Just a realist. They choose to sign their own over outsiders for better or worse. It is what it is. But, I can't say I disagree with the philosophy ... show you deserve it and they'll resign you. Disappoint and you're gone (Ziggy, Jones). You know where you stand with the Steelers.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

hmmm?

DON'T even go there, our MODERATORS are the BEST in the buisness !!!!!!! They can ******* make things totally disapear one day and reappear the next.........WTF !!!!!

If out football team was as good as our moderators.................. "One can only dream"........................

Salute the nation

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
DON'T even go there, our MODERATORS are the BEST in the buisness !!!!!!! They can ******* make things totally disapear one day and reappear the next.........WTF !!!!!

If out football team was as good as our moderators.................. "One can only dream"........................

Salute the nation

kiss ***......but when you are right, you are right...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Brady is 22 touchdowns with ZERO interceptions against Tomlin's D's.

In fairness, Tomlin's D doesn't have many interceptions against anyone else either.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I will hold back my rave reviews until regular season football starts and the Steelers play their first road game against a dog.

I seem to remember Jarvis Jones looking pretty good his first camp too. In fact does any rookie ever look terrible in camp? Sunshine and buttercups baby! We don't eat our young until they've seasoned a bit.

I'm with ya

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score

hmmm?

Bringing politics stuff over from the P&R forum is strictly VERBOTEN!

Bringing your hatred of a poster that says things they don't like from said forum....is just fine.

Classic thought police......considering themselves above the law.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

hmmm?

the dipshit had been told previously to NOT inject politics into the football forum.
he/she/it repeatedly failed to consider this advice.
as such, the post was edited to remove the political statement he/she/it made.
we have a football forum for ... football
we have a political forum for ... politics

damn I wish I was coolie

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Bringing your hatred of a poster that says things they don't like from said forum....is just fine.

your non-contributing *** doesn't have to be here.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

find one time that I have ever posted about politics outside of the political forum.......until then **** off douchebag

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
the dipshit had been told previously to NOT inject politics into the football forum.
he/she/it repeatedly failed to consider this advice.
as such, the post was edited to remove the political statement he/she/it made.
we have a football forum for ... football
we have a political forum for ... politics

understood
rules are rules.

but Coolie is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.