• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

They stab it with their Steely McBeam knives but they just can't kill the beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
The beast from Foxboro of course. And much like Steely McBeam the knife we've used so far has been made out of cheap foam.

Brady is 22 touchdowns with ZERO interceptions against Tomlin's D's .

In the 10 years since Tomlin became head coach of the Steelers, Brady and the Patriots have faced Pittsburgh six times. And in those six games, Brady has absolutely embarrassed Tomlin’s defense.

According to NFL Research, Brady has 19 touchdown passes and zero interceptions in six games against Tomlin’s teams. Brady’s passer rating in those games is 127.5, his highest against any head coach he’s faced at least three times. His completion percentage against Tomlin’s defense is 71.2 percent and he has averaged 314.8 yards a game.

That article segment was from before the AFCCG last year. It's now 22-0.........embarrassing.

Butler and Tomlin better put Watt and the others in early in the season so they can get acclimated and up to snuff because as everyone knows the only way to beat Brady is to punch him in his smug face.

Much like the Ravens mindset, tactics, and personnel acquisition has been all about beating the Steelers , so should the Steelers be when it comes to the Pats.

That's all.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
The beast from Foxboro of course. And much like Steely McBeam the knife we've used so far has been made out of cheap foam.

Brady is 22 touchdowns with ZERO interceptions against Tomlin's D's .

In the 10 years since Tomlin became head coach of the Steelers, Brady and the Patriots have faced Pittsburgh six times. And in those six games, Brady has absolutely embarrassed Tomlin’s defense.

According to NFL Research, Brady has 19 touchdown passes and zero interceptions in six games against Tomlin’s teams. Brady’s passer rating in those games is 127.5, his highest against any head coach he’s faced at least three times. His completion percentage against Tomlin’s defense is 71.2 percent and he has averaged 314.8 yards a game.

That article segment was from before the AFCCG last year. It's now 22-0.........embarrassing.

Butler and Tomlin better put Watt and the others in early in the season so they can get acclimated and up to snuff because as everyone knows the only way to beat Brady is to punch him in his smug face.

Much like the Ravens mindset, tactics, and personnel acquisition has been all about beating the Steelers , so should the Steelers be when it comes to the Pats.

That's all.

Well we are suppose to be playing some man coverage this season.........something they said we didn't have the personal to do last season. Odd thing is Burns prefers man coverage or so he says.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting that this should be posted right after Butler gives interviews saying they've been acquiring personnel and building the defense for exactly this reason. It's almost as if someone read those articles and then posted on here as if it were their own original idea. smmfh

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
What about numbers for other teams. Pretty sure they are lopsided as well. None of this will change as long as the mantra of Spygate is there. We know Ernie is still working in his unknown listed capacity, so Marcia will have more info in his ear than other QBs.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting that this should be posted right after Butler gives interviews saying they've been acquiring personnel and building the defense for exactly this reason. It's almost as if someone read those articles and then posted on here as if it were their own original idea. smmfh

It's the jizz drinking delerianism that most cheatriots fans face. With all the medical science in that area the Massholes live, they haven't been able to figure out the easy fix. Just quit drinking it and you will realize the truth of your cheating ******* team.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What about numbers for other teams. Pretty sure they are lopsided as well. None of this will change as long as the mantra of Spygate is there. We know Ernie is still working in his unknown listed capacity, so Marcia will have more info in his ear than other QBs.

Don't forget, t*mmy b*y will have longer to get that information in his ear as their radio waves don't get shut off properly, at said time.

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Complain about the post all you want, but it's downright embarrassing what he does to this defense and we play right into their hands every single time.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Right......LOL. So we added a CB no one else wanted and 2 draft picks....we should be good then...right?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Right......LOL. So we added a CB no one else wanted and 2 draft picks....we should be good then...right?

More importantly, more of that four-man rush.

Jeremy Fowler ✔ @JFowlerESPN
Steelers DC Keith Butler clear on what he wants: Four-man rush and flexibility in coverage (man, matchup zone, traditional zone)
12:58 PM - 14 Jun 2017

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, it's a DARN good thing nobody on the Nation has been freaking out for YEARS about soft zone coverages against Brady. It might lead someone to believe that Kevin simply read the damn board and had an epiphany.

Well over HALF Brady's passes against the Steelers in the AFCC game traveled less than 5 yards in the air. He didn't beat the Steelers in the air. He handed off forward. The adjustment? Pull the linebackers back, keep the play in front. Let the tiny skitterbug juke the living **** out of the the enormous mack-truck linebacker who SHOULD have put him on his *** the second he tried to come off the line in the first place.

Welcome to the NFL Kevin, nice to see you caught up.

Oh, and while we're here, Coach Haley YOU DON'T HAVE TO RUN BELL 74 TIMES EVERY ******* PLAYOFF GAME! Those Lev Bell stats against Miami and KC were impressive. The stats against NE, not so great...

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
More importantly, more of that four-man rush.

I personally would like to see a four man rush with our DE's and DL.....seems like our OLBers just get gobbled up over the last few years. Get those big guys in there and rush the QB.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, it's a DARN good thing nobody on the Nation has been freaking out for YEARS about soft zone coverages against Brady. It might lead someone to believe that Kevin simply read the damn board and had an epiphany.

Well over HALF Brady's passes against the Steelers in the AFCC game traveled less than 5 yards in the air. He didn't beat the Steelers in the air. He handed off forward. The adjustment? Pull the linebackers back, keep the play in front. Let the tiny skitterbug juke the living **** out of the the enormous mack-truck linebacker who SHOULD have put him on his *** the second he tried to come off the line in the first place.

Welcome to the NFL Kevin, nice to see you caught up.

Oh, and while we're here, Coach Haley YOU DON'T HAVE TO RUN BELL 74 TIMES EVERY ******* PLAYOFF GAME! Those Lev Bell stats against Miami and KC were impressive. The stats against NE, not so great...

Nice post....from start to finish....

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score

Interesting take since I posted about the same thing before the regular season loss(Landry Jones anyone?) to them.

You're. right soneone is getting ideas and i'm glad they jive with mine.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting take since I posted about the same thing before the regular season loss(Landry Jones anyone?) to them.

You're. right soneone is getting ideas and i'm glad they jive with mine.

Oh, so you're saying that they JUST NOW got this idea and they haven't been acquiring talent to make this type of switch for the last couple of years at least? Hell, maybe they read this board and stole your idea. lmao.

Last edited:

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score

Actually, we upgraded the OLB position (hopefully) by subtracting Jones and bringing in Watt. From all accounts, Sutton has been doing well in OTAs and Mini-Camp. Yes, I realize "football in shorts", but you'd rather hear that he's doing well than the opposite. Last year we added a DT/NT who is pass rush capable (increase pressure up the middle, hasn't that been the hue and cry for awhile?) and a CB and SS who are capable of playing Man defense.

Looking at only this year's draft is being purposefully nearsighted.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Many posters here have posted multiple times that the way to beat brady is to knock him on his ***....and they posted it way before last seasons game....you are not some great football genius.....

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
Many posters here have posted multiple times that the way to beat brady is to knock him on his ***....and they posted it way before last seasons game....you are not some great football genius.....

Nor did I claim I was.......lol

What's with all the hostility? It's just an observation among many ,by many, yet I get the pitchforks and mob.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Nor did I claim I was.......lol

What's with all the hostility? It's just an observation among many ,by many, yet I get the pitchforks and mob.

You would think I was keeping Trump from bringing back all those jobs or building that wall......

no but you act like you are smarter than all...and you are not even close.....also, .keep politics out of here.....

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, we upgraded the OLB position (hopefully) by subtracting Jones and bringing in Watt. From all accounts, Sutton has been doing well in OTAs and Mini-Camp. Yes, I realize "football in shorts", but you'd rather hear that he's doing well than the opposite. Last year we added a DT/NT who is pass rush capable (increase pressure up the middle, hasn't that been the hue and cry for awhile?) and a CB and SS who are capable of playing Man defense.

Looking at only this year's draft is being purposefully nearsighted.

We have needed guys to do all that you have stated for years now...even when Dick was here....So now we are trying to get the personnel to play man...I guess better late than never.

Status
Not open for further replies.