• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The sporting news predicts us to win the super bowl over

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
The Sporting News predicts us to win the super bowl over Seattle.

They predict a 13-3 record.

Usually, I buy one or two football magazines a year. I used to buy them all but the quality has gone down,and the web gives me pretty much everything I need to know.

P

POP

The less magazine saying we are the favorites to win a ring, the better. This team historically blows when they are getting gloss, at least in the modern, non-Noll eras.

But, that being said, I agree with them. I said, immediately after the Denver loss, that we would be the AFC favorite this season. Considering we had the eventual world champs, beaten, at their house, with all of our injuries, I figured we'd be favored moving on, with players most likely available such as AB, Bell, D Williams, and some of our turd CBs off the field. We were down to our 3rd or 4th string RB and didn't have the best WR in all of football and STILL should have beat Denver, up until dummy doesn't tuck the ball away and gets it stripped.

One other thing: I don't see Seattle making it. I think Carolina is more likely to get there. Maybe AZ if Palmer can stay in one piece.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
And just for fun... Let's have ONE really controversial call.

Just so the Hawks fans can have something to melt down over for the next 10 years.

tjack

Forefather
Reaction score
Seattle? Hmm, I would have expected "them" to say Dallas because QB Tony Romo is back and they have a rookie RB who's a beast. Or Green Bay because Aaron Rogers has all of his Wr's back.

Last edited:

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I like it - the Super Bowl is here in Houston this season.

Of course we'll have to sell our house - and move into Coolie's basement - in order to afford the tickets.

as if we have basements in Texas...

I do have a storage shed...it is full of Spike's extra slave girls at the moment

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Didn't miss by a lot with three offensive starters out.

Three Pro Bowl quality starters out (Bell, Brown and Pouncey) and top backup RB (Williams) on the sidelines. Still had them by the throat until the fumble.

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
Even the local ESPN guys in Houston are picking Pittsburgh and they hate the Steelers. I wish they werent getting so much hoorah likes this in June. Im just old school superstitious I guess :)

But just in case, I am half way through the vetting process to be a volunteer during SB week. Im getting my *** into some parties and work my way into the game :D. It would be so super fun to have the Steelers in Houston. After the loss in Dallas, I need some redemption!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This time of year all teams are equals. Just yesterday I had a (loyal) Browns fan try to claim that his teams record is the same as the STEELERS record. He may be right but it takes more than a 0-0 win / loss record for them to equal the STEELERS in anything........

@ss kicking on the seachickens would be AWESOME and as wig said, just one controversial call so they can justify the 48-16 woopin we put on em!!

Salute the nation

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I don't know that Seattle will be that good this year with Marshawn Lynch retiring.

Last edited:

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Don't worry about the media loving the Steelers. We'll come out flat for the first two games and they will be on to someone else. NFC is wide open. I'm not a Cam's Newton believer.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know that Seattle will be that good this year with Marshawn Lynch retiring.

Rawls will be very good for them, I dont see them missing much of a beat

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
as if we have basements in Texas...

Speaking of basements - and football - about 20 years ago I was driving somewhere and saw a garage sale sign. I was in a swanky part of town, so I thought I'd check it out.

I went in and walked around, didn't see much, and asked a lady, "Is there anything else?" "Oh yes," she said."You need to go to the basement, especially if you're a football fan."

Hmm, sounded good. I take the stairs down, turn the corner and there it is: an insane shrine to the Raiders. The Raiders!! Al Davis photo here, Gene Upshaw photo there. A giant shot of Stabler and Biletnikoff going crazy in the end zone.

So a very large guy is sitting on a couch watching TV. I asked him what's for sale. He said "just about everything." Of course I didn't see anything I really wanted, but struck up a conversation with him.

Turned out he was an offensive lineman with the Raiders for several years in the '60s and '70s. I told him I was a big NFL fan and remembered his name (although I've since forgotten it).

"Oh yeah?" he said. "Who's you favorite team?"

"Steelers!" I replied.

"Oh my God," he shouts, "the Steelers?!...

"Well, I'd ask you to leave.....But I need to sell this crap."

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
AWESOME story "Ghost". No disrespect to the gentleman or his house, but did you buy anything? Just curious.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
He missed most of last season. Rawls is pretty solid.

they have some D holes and O question marks. I am sure they won't suck but would be surprised to see them this year go deep into the playoffs.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
AWESOME story "Ghost". No disrespect to the gentleman or his house, but did you buy anything? Just curious.

Salute the nation

I wouldn't buy any Raiders crap unless I wanted to feed a fire.

:chug:

skialta

Reaction score
Good story Iron City. When I was in college pre internet days I decided that I HAD TO HAVE a VW Corrado. Used to go to Barnes and Noble and scour the classifieds nationwide for one. Finally after a few months I found one in Alabama that I could afford. My gf and I flew down there and the car was acceptable and I bought it. The guy says to me that the title is in his office. Go on and come into this room over here. I walk into the office and the guy has a shrine similar to the one in your story. I'll never forget it. To the left of the door it started with the letter that the guy got from Bear Bryant offering him a scholarship. It then followed all news clippings etc on all 4 walls. the very last item was a giant framed sports illustrated cover. Truly a kick in the balls for any PSU fan. Seems that the guy that I was buying the car from was in on the stop to prevent the winning touchdown. Guy's name was Mike Clements. This is the guy and this was the goddamn picture! I found this article when I googled the si cover Mike Clements.http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/09/the_other_tackler_barry_krauss.html

skialta

Reaction score
Btw... The car was a total piece of ****. But an absolute blast to drive

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
How did they assemble a Super Bowl contender with all those horrific drafts?