• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Official Thread Dedicated to "Trump Winning"

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
March 19, 2021

The Trump Swagger​

By Tom Mountain

At the 2012 Republican National Convention, Mitt Romney was a few minutes behind schedule to take the podium and accept the nomination for president. In the long walk from his private room through the corridor and behind the stage, the genteel Mitt kept whispering “Excuse me” as he wiggled his way through well-wishers or just bystanders. The uber-polite Mitt just wouldn’t move any faster, along with his equally polite security.
And Donald Trump?
At a European Union conference with all the heads of state from those countries big and small it was picture time as presidents and prime ministers jousted for the premier photo op.
The Prime Minister of Montenegro naturally assumed that he could elbow his way past his polite European counterparts to put himself and his little country in the center of the photo. But he made the audacious mistake of stepping in front of Donald Trump.
A big mistake.
The President almost physically thrust the unsuspecting Prime Minister aside and put himself -- and the United States -- front and center. Right where he belonged.
No one, least of all Mr. Montenegro, dared to say a word. After all, this was more than just the President of the United States. This was the bold, brash Donald Trump. Get in his way and he’ll steamroll you.
Donald J. Trump. A celebrity titan splashed across the tabloids and dishing it out on Entertainment Tonight long before his presidency. A Teddy Roosevelt minus the spectacles. A Ronald Reagan with an attitude.
A President who looked more badass than his Secret Service detail.
Trump returned the bully pulpit to the Oval Office and made it cool again. Pajama boy was out, Marlboro Man back.
Like JFK, President Trump was the quintessential man’s man. Men wanted to be like him, women wanted to be near him. He dressed to the nines and sported a profile as defiant and haughty as Churchill’s.
He married a supermodel because, well, he could. With looks and glamour that the press tried their best to ignore, Melania reigned as the most glamorous First Lady since Jackie Kennedy. Probably ever.
And his children?
Smart, attractive, friendly, with a loyalty to their father that would be the envy of any parent. A fixture at the Trump rallies and on the talk shows, Eric, Ivanka, and Don Jr. became part of our lives too. In large part because they were so likable, and always at their father’s side, through thick and thin.
With Trump there was never any playing for the camera, which Reagan turned into an art form. What you saw was what you got. In private or public. He was nobody’s creation but his own.
His take-charge, no-nonsense confidence was catchy, and resonated with just about every demographic in the country, minus the liberal one. But he didn’t care when the mainstream media made him their nightly piñata, and neither did we.
He dispensed with the “American exceptionalism is like Greek exceptionalism,” a la Obama. Under Trump, America was exceptional. Number one. And he made the world take notice.
228098_5_.png

He neutered North Korea. Cowed Iran. Drew a line that China and Russia dared not cross.
He wowed crowds in India. Charmed the Queen of England. Played the Art of the Deal with Canada and Mexico. Even earned grudging admiration from the usually snooty French.
More important than the world stage is what President Trump brought to the rest of us.
It is said that John Kennedy’s beaming personality prompted a national rise in confidence. Anyone who recalls Trump’s Mt. Rushmore speech last Summer at the pinnacle of his Presidency can readily attest to much the same.
He did more to bolster the morale and overall good feelings within the Republican Party that we hadn’t seen since the heyday of Ronald Reagan.
Donald Trump made us believe.
Those lucky enough to have been present at the 2016 Republican Convention during his magnificent speech left with little doubt that we would win in the Fall. After listening to that speech, how could we not? Victory was assured.
Then it happened. For real. His victory -- our victory -- shocked the media and their liberal lemmings. But not us. We knew. We were there through it all. We felt it coming.
And with the confidence and swagger of our President, we swaggered too. Brazen and unapologetic. Swaggering into that high end restaurant in a Trump campaign jacket wasn’t even a challenge. The converted smiled or thanked us, the liberals sneered but never approached us, timid wretches that they were.
Trump was in charge now. Which meant we were too. If you didn’t like it we didn’t care. And it showed. We had our President’s back, and he had ours. As we swaggered by the liberals, we let it be known we were in the Trump camp, proud and tall... see my presidential pin from my last White House visit, you Lilliputians.
In the last round he got knocked to the mat. Down for the count? No, but enough to lose the fight in the end.
Yet with Donald Trump there’s never really an end. He’s been battered and bruised and knocked down time and again, but has always picked himself up to fight another day.
The Art of the Comeback.
This is just one more setback in his tumultuous yet extraordinary life. And the biggest mistake his critics and rivals have fallen into over the years was to underestimate him. One way or another, he always comes back. The harder he falls, the bigger the comeback. And this time his comeback will be the biggest of all.
Stay tuned.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
What is Trump winning nowadays? Couple of games of Crazy 8's with some haphazard tourists who stumbled into the lobby at Mar a Lago?

Strange how Trump has been shunned any semblence of the typical post-Presidency glow and fame. Oh that's right, because he's a twice-impeached, disgraced ex-President who slinked out the back door, hanging his head in shame, after he failed to steal the vote and botched an ensuing insurrection. Almost forgot about that.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
What is Trump winning nowadays? Couple of games of Crazy 8's with some haphazard tourists who stumbled into the lobby at Mar a Lago?

Strange how Trump has been shunned any semblence of the typical post-Presidency glow and fame. Oh that's right, because he's a twice-impeached, disgraced ex-President who slinked out the back door, hanging his head in shame, after he failed to steal the vote and botched an ensuing insurrection. Almost forgot about that.
I am glad you still have sanity about football, lol because you have seemingly gone of the deep end in your unhealthy obsession with Trump. Shouldn’t the focus be on the guy “in power” now? You seem to want to shift the talk away from Joe as much as possible. Seems very telling.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
I am glad you still have sanity about football, lol because you have seemingly gone of the deep end in your unhealthy obsession with Trump. Shouldn’t the focus be on the guy “in power” now? You seem to want to shift the talk away from Joe as much as possible. Seems very telling.
I seem to recall that we weren't supposed to discuss ancient history and only focus on the present.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score

Nah, just noticing new posts in this 'winning thread' by the MAGA fanboys, and it makes me smile. That's all.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
It's going to be a long four years because he won't be able to point to anything positive that President Xiden and Soon-To-Be-President Harris have done.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Nah, just noticing new posts in this 'winning thread' by the MAGA fanboys, and it makes me smile. That's all.
Ok. If you say so. Considering that seemingly every single action Biden takes makes Trump look better every single day I am not shocked you ignore talking Biden at all costs.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I watched the lawn "press conference". It's hard to watch that in totality, very closely and not believe it's a wee bit of the ****.

The top of his head completely disappears. Everyone's focused on his hands, but his head is gone... There's also a moment in the video that I paused it and you can see where his arm is away from the side of his body just a bit and it's very clear where someone has gone in and cleaned up the blurring because it is a very sharp, crisp cutout of his arm sleeve away from his body and the normal blurring that would occur isn't there. It's just perfectly crisp.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I was asked today from a coworker who voted for Biden and is already 2 months later having huge regrets.

Would Trump consider helping Biden with the border issue? How do you not outright laugh at this?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I was asked today from a coworker who voted for Biden and is already 2 months later having huge regrets.

Would Trump consider helping Biden with the border issue? How do you not outright laugh at this?
He's not a very good Democrat then. All good Democrats know that Orange Man was wrong about everything and the only sensible alternatives are to always do exactly the opposite.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
I had similar talks but with covid. The dude was like DT shoulda shut it down earlier....etc. I’m like, ok let’s say I agree with you, why did the heads of the dim party go to China town and say it’s safe don’t worry and call trump a racist?

no response.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
1616603103546.jpeg

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Beijing Joe's meandering, idiotic, rambling press conference answers today simply prove what everybody already knows - he is dumb liar, a stupid, babbling moron suffering advancing dementia. Any person who watched him today and is comfortable with him leading this nation is (1) stupid, (2) dishonest, (3) a fraud, and (4) beyond redemption.

In other words, a (D)imbo.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Beijing Joe's meandering, idiotic, rambling press conference answers today simply prove what everybody already knows - he is dumb liar, a stupid, babbling moron suffering advancing dementia. Any person who watched him today and is comfortable with him leading this nation is (1) stupid, (2) dishonest, (3) a fraud, and (4) beyond redemption.

His son has to be so disappointed in his old man. I wonder if he was able to see the PC from wherever they have him stowed away.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

But Orange Man bad. Dementia Man good.
The MSM will be along shortly to tell you that high unemployment, high energy prices, and more illegal immigrants are good.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
But Orange Man bad. Dementia Man good.
The MSM will be along shortly to tell you that high unemployment, high energy prices, and more illegal immigrants are good.
Yes, it's healthy for the country to have a correction to it's once healthy and equitable economy

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Rumor is he's going to launch a social media platform to rival all the commie ones.

Maybe you can book him and/or Melania for your next bar mitzvah, birthday or bowling event. Sign up now, dates are filling up fast. (y)

1617139872952.png