• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Official Thread Dedicated to "Biden Destroying Us"

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
And let me add. Nursing homes are now taking unlike before.

Homeless with no payer
Illegals with no payer

The pay return for these folks is nothing based on care needed and what our industry gets. It’s a negative return.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
And now reports of face-lift. That along with the fake jog. Joe is looking young and spry. I bet he gets more than 81M votes this time. He will get as many as are needed.

Q: Why did Grifter Joe, plagiarist and Corn Pop nemesis, get 81 million votes?
A: Because he did not need 82 million votes.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
There is so many things I could unpack here.

Do you need more staff during the day when residents need to get up, fed, showered, toileted, activities,…..vs when they are sleeping? Also what kind of care is done on those hours? Mostly I need to go to the restroom and the occasional incident.

your in PA if I recall. Pa did adopt some sort of this not to long ago if I’m correct. But what pa didn’t do if adjust the ******* terrible reimbursement rates which imo are one of the worst in the union minus some NE states like CT.

You want to mandate more hours. Fine. You want to mandate higher level of personal, good. Then you must adjust significantly the rates of reimbursement.

There are no staff to hire. There are no higher level of folks to get. Agencies have free rein on their ridiculous rates.
Well of course residents need more care during the day, but we have a dementia unit with some sun downers. There is also much more other staff during the day who help out. The ratios do reflect less staff for night shift as well. You are probably right about the compensation i really do not follow that aspect. Another issue is staff bonus hops. Some places offer 20k bonuses for nurses so they work there for a year goto another facility work for a year, rinse and repeat. Agency staff just goes where the money is. They pick up one place for $25/hour then see another place pays $35/hr so they just drop the original shift w/o consequence. I do not know why companies just don't pay inhouse staff a little more.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
. I do not know why companies just don't pay inhouse staff a little more.

wrong statement. Should be… “Why don’t govt give us more reimbursement for our services, so we can pay our staff more”.

I have two. TWO states that give us our EBIDAR. WV and NM. Two ******* states. That’s bc they pay quality reimbursement rates.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
. I do not know why companies just don't pay inhouse staff a little more.

wrong statement. Should be… “Why don’t govt give us more reimbursement for our services, so we can pay our staff more”.

I have two. TWO states that give us our EBIDAR. WV and NM. Two ******* states. That’s bc they pay quality reimbursement rates.
I guess my point was they are paying agency CNAs $30/hr on top of whatever fee the agency charges and paying in house staff less than $25. Obviously more reimbursement would help, but facilities are already paying out the money just to the wrong people. This month so far we spent over 70 grand in agency and we only have 90 residents currently

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well of course residents need more care during the day, but we have a dementia unit with some sun downers. There is also much more other staff during the day who help out. The ratios do reflect less staff for night shift as well. You are probably right about the compensation i really do not follow that aspect. Another issue is staff bonus hops. Some places offer 20k bonuses for nurses so they work there for a year goto another facility work for a year, rinse and repeat. Agency staff just goes where the money is. They pick up one place for $25/hour then see another place pays $35/hr so they just drop the original shift w/o consequence. I do not know why companies just don't pay inhouse staff a little more.
imagine if you were paid $50/hr what you could pay in that hour. @Steeltime is just an ammalampse chaser, but i bet he could figure what to do with that jump in income.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This blue collar NY resident speaks for America in expressing our love for Grifter Joe, dementia patient, Corn Pop battler, star football player, civil rights leader, truck driver, half Puerto Rican, half Jewish, half black, and half-assed:

I admit I'm getting a little misty-eyed.

P.S. I would 1000000% rather have that guy as my President than the mumbling, bumbling, stumbling imbecile dementia patient currently stinking up the position.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
This blue collar NY resident speaks for America in expressing our love for Grifter Joe, dementia patient, Corn Pop battler, star football player, civil rights leader, truck driver, half Puerto Rican, half Jewish, half black, and half-assed:

P.S. I would 1000000% rather have that guy as my President than the mumbling, bumbling, stumbling imbecile dementia patient currently stinking up the position.

Typical miSs-soGGy-nYstic whYTE SUpreemiSt.

The only thing that will keep Trump out of the WH will be the post-menopausal women fighting for the right to kill babies.
Or middle of the night ballots.
Or Trump behind bars waiting his appeal and immediate release after the election.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

Oh I'd take that guy too over any dem.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

The only thing that will keep Trump out of the WH will be the post-menopausal women fighting for the right to kill babies.
Or Trump behind bars waiting his appeal and immediate release after the election.

I swear the democrats are itching for a civil war with this election interference **** they're running.

They'll keep pushing those boundaries until someone smacks them on the pee pee.

xjx

Reaction score
Democrats Don't like getting their dallywacker smashed......if they have a dallywacker.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Likelihood Schiffty's insurance claim includes replacement cost for expensive buttplugs? High. Very high.
and there will be no doubt that he'll underestimate their value, less he be hauled into court, fined and put on trial for overvaluing an asset.

right?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score

or lead poisoning

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

interesting. say Trump is put behind bars, days before the election.
somehow, someway the Dems don't cheat hard enough and Trump wins.
can he then commute his own sentence?

we need a legal mind around here to answer this.

paging @Tim Steelersfan
@Steeltime if you have Tim's number, could you text him, please?

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
interesting. say Trump is put behind bars, days before the election.
somehow, someway the Dems don't cheat hard enough and Trump wins.
can he then commute his own sentence?

we need a legal mind around here to answer this.

paging @Tim Steelersfan
@Steeltime if you have Tim's number, could you text him, please?
Jizzer might shine a light on this. I hear he only charges $50.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
2024 in the grips of dementia:

Civil rights icon, getting arrested standing on a porch with black people!!

Hold up, wasn't George Santos booted out of office for making up outrageous lies about his background? Why yes, yes he was.