• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Talking heads keep saying the Steelers have nothing to play for

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
its the announcers they have plenty of practice being idiots

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
this certainly isn't a typical game., I am still in my pjs, no one is over, haven't made lunch, didn't throw anything when Browns scored, but yes this still needs to be a win, keep the streak alive against these guys

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
**** THAT!!!!

Who the hell wants to lose to the Browns especially just before going into the post season. They should be up 35-0.

I know they have scored 14 unanswered but this has been a ******* disgrace of a game.

Wow....2 for 2 in great thread topics on the day....2 more than Coach actually. that's saying something(actually I'm wrong about this). Good job. Again.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Id have just taken the intentional safety and ended it without Ot... fucvk meaningless wins...

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm all for them playing to win in OT. It wasn't on here until it went to OT so I wasn't watching it. As long as nobody of consequence got hurt we're good.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Better than a meaningless loss especially to the Stains

I like the way our team fought to the very end. They never quit.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The thing is, every snap is wear and tear on these guys bodies... the more snaps you play the closer you get to something bad... minimalize the snaps they play... going to OT for a worthless win isnt worth even one starter or contributor having more bumps and bruises... i mean who the **** cares about the browns... wins for the sake of pride are stupid

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The thing is, every snap is wear and tear on these guys bodies... the more snaps you play the closer you get to something bad... minimalize the snaps they play... going to OT for a worthless win isnt worth even one starter or contributor having more bumps and bruises... i mean who the **** cares about the browns... wins for the sake of pride are stupid

I see it more as a win at all cost mindset. That mindset has to be amplified in the post season. The Steelers are primed to make a strong push. All teams are beat going into the post season. Even Lord Brady has a injured thigh. It all comes down to which team is hungry to win. The Steelers have young guys making a name for themselves and veterans providing leadership. All recipes for something special

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I see it more as a win at all cost mindset. That mindset has to be amplified in the post season. The Steelers are primed to make a strong push. All teams are beat going into the post season. Even Lord Brady has a injured thigh. It all comes down to which team is hungry to win. The Steelers have young guys making a name for themselves and veterans providing leadership. All recipes for something special

Doesnt matter... in the case of forcing OT or simply getting out of the game as injury free as you can... you get out injury free... obviously sitting who we sat that was the goal... in which case take the safety and be sure to get into next week as healthy as you can...

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Doesnt matter... in the case of forcing OT or simply getting out of the game as injury free as you can... you get out injury free... obviously sitting who we sat that was the goal... in which case take the safety and be sure to get into next week as healthy as you can...

I blame the Browns for not going for a 2 pointer. :)

Hell....or Tomlin earlier in the game. LOL

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

They did lose Hargrave today. So yeah I see your point

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
They did lose Hargrave today. So yeah I see your point

They had to play someone. Mathews tweeked his ankle again. They were down to their last DL I believe.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
They ****** up. Mathews and Hargrave shouldn't have played.