• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Surely at least one head must roll after this, and the past month..

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
We ran it on like one possession, you saw no different in personal or the pace?

Baltimore stayed aggressive, they never went to a prevent, they didn't come out in some dumbass 2 DL set

Go back and replay the game...we ran no huddle first half....we even got a,delay of game penalty in a no huddle...

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
I thought the play calling was obtuse.
Two weeks to prepare for this game?
Not a very impressive showing. Thought the Defense stepped their game up a bit.
Special Teams??? Do they practice the on side kick? WTF was that at the end?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Special Teams??? Do they practice the on side kick? WTF was that at the end?

I'm sure they've practiced it at some point, but Boswell has executed it in a game before.

mdk2

Reaction score
My question is where the **** is Nix????

Good question, they sat him instead of David whiff Johnson. They also had Johnson out running pass patterns for much of the first half which is inexcusable.

mdk2

Reaction score
It's like this every time Ben comes back from injury. He plays like **** and the whole team suffers. Next game, he'll be fine and we'll look good again.

Until we play on the road again. He rarely plays well on the road anymore.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I'm sure they've practiced it at some point, but Boswell has executed it in a game before.

Wow so the coaches actually asked a player to execute something they have been coached up to do. Neat

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
if anyone expected us to come in and blow these shitheads out, they've not been watching THIS team with THIS QB for too long. Sure, it'd be great to go up 37 points at the half and coast in the 2nd --- and we have the potential to do that against anyone --- but every game Ben starts immediately after an injury has the same outcome 90% of the time.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
if anyone expected us to come in and blow these shitheads out, they've not been watching THIS team with THIS QB for too long. Sure, it'd be great to go up 37 points at the half and coast in the 2nd --- and we have the potential to do that against anyone --- but every game Ben starts immediately after an injury has the same outcome 90% of the time.

so a good coach would break that trend or not?

a good coach would have his team prepared against ****** teams more often than not right?

if anyone is expecting different results with this same coach

I GOT SOME BAD NEWS FORYA

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Right I agree, it's predictable as hell, which angers me because, if we can see it as fans, why aren't the coaches installing gameplans specifically designed to get Ben into a rhythm rather than just throwing him out there and running turtle ball, run-run-deep bomb all game

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Right I agree, it's predictable as hell, which angers me because, if we can see it as fans, why aren't the coaches installing gameplans specifically designed to get Ben into a rhythm rather than just throwing him out there and running turtle ball, run-run-deep bomb all game

a head coach guides and adjusts

for better or worse

we know which trend we are seeing

steeler b

Reaction score
Tomlin is locked in for at least another several years...the guy we should be wanting gone is Mr. Colbert.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin is locked in for at least another several years...the guy we should be wanting gone is Mr. Colbert.

lol Colbert now is it.

He makes game adjustments?

besides it is on record they have both equal say in off-season decisions

to blame one in this area is to blame both

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Ben needed to purge this **** from the colon. Hopefully it flushed itself.

Now its on to Dallas where he will throw 4 or 5 TDs and the Nation will utter the collective "WTF !!"

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Ben needed to purge this **** from the colon. Hopefully it flushed itself.

Now its on to Dallas where he will throw 4 or 5 TDs and the Nation will utter the collective "WTF !!"

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
is Ben going to collect a quarter of his paycheck this week? same goes for the whole O.

The D did a great job keeping the game close, it's hard to ask for anything more

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Thing is, Colbert used to be real good at drafting defense but suddenly became retarded after Tomlin arrived.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Tomlin bought himself job security through at least 2017 when he beat the Bengals in the playoffs. The Rooneys are going to need punched in the face with failure before they fire Tomlin. 8-8 won't quite do it.

obxsteeler

Reaction score
Thing is, Colbert used to be real good at drafting defense but suddenly became retarded after Tomlin arrived.
What exactly was wrong with the defense they drafted yesterday? It was only beaten once and that was by an offensive player they also drafted.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
What exactly was wrong with the defense they drafted yesterday? It was only beaten once and that was by an offensive player they also drafted.
The Ravens suck and they put up 21 on us, so not sure why everyone is acting like our defense is fine. II'll be happy if they hold the Cowboys to 21. That's a real team.

Spike

Reaction score
"Bend but don't break" - busted

How many times do I have to tell you? The only way this team will win is if we score 30+ a game, and you don't do that by turning turtle on offense for 3 1/2 qtrs!!!

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
the defense gave up 13 points.....well 15 with the two point conversion they allowed....that is not bad.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

The defense was okay yesterday but in ten years they've drafted only four decent and reliable players on the D side of the ball. Gay, Timmons, Heyward, and Tuitt. In ten years. Everyone else is either a JAG, worse than a JAG, or can't stay on the field.

Steel G

Reaction score
the defense gave up 13 points.....well 15 with the two point conversion they allowed....that is not bad.

Yep, if can't score 16 points with Bell and Brown on your team, you should find another line of work.