• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Surely at least one head must roll after this, and the past month..

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I know we are the "Stability" franchise and yatta yatta what-not and so forth, but come on.

This team showed us what they were capable of the first 5 weeks of the season, then has completely embarrassed itself ever since. Today was a god damn disgrace until it was already mostly too late. And obviously Ben wasn't too injured to play well, because he looked like the Ben we love at the end of the game, throwing darts. These guys were never MENTALLY in this game. Special teams is a disgrace. We are terribly coached, period. At least one head must roll. I don't see how this can be ignored.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt it. However, I seriously doubt we can even hang with Dallas next week, let alone beat them.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Must agree! Time owners caught up to the game, this coaching staff has not shown then can prepare a team to play. Players have not improved and head coach can not adjust to what is going on in front of him. Last of game Ben played his hart out, Rogers made some nice effort along with Bell. Where was this in the beginning of game, again Tomlin can light NO FIRE under a team. We have lost all identity under this coaching staff.

chipped ham

Reaction score
I know we are the "Stability" franchise and yatta yatta what-not and so forth, but come on.

This team showed us what they were capable of the first 5 weeks of the season, then has completely embarrassed itself ever since. Today was a god damn disgrace until it was already mostly too late. And obviously Ben wasn't too injured to play well, because he looked like the Ben we love at the end of the game, throwing darts. These guys were never MENTALLY in this game. Special teams is a disgrace. We are terribly coached, period. At least one head must roll. I don't see how this can be ignored.

I don't know that I can say "everyone" on this team wasn't in the game. The defense held the rat ***** in check all game and made plays. Old man Harrison with two sacks, the dline with Heyward back in the mix played good, Shazier flying around making plays, and Artie Burns had himself a nice game as well. The offense, and especially Ben, sleepwalking all god damn game and the special teams really looking awfully special is the result of this **** show. This offense has now scored a whole 30 points in three road losses.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Why did we wait until the 4th to get Grumble in, and Rogers was hardly used until then, we went more up pace and some quicker things.
Run, run, throw is not a good game plan with a qb coming off injury and missed time.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Grimble, damn auto correct

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Why did we wait until the 4th to get Grumble in, and Rogers was hardly used until then, we went more up pace and some quicker things.
Run, run, throw is not a good game plan with a qb coming off injury and missed time.

They didn't do that the whole game so stop. The offense sucked. Ben sucked Bell sucked the Oline sucked the WRs sucked.. they weren't in sync all game..hopefully they can get it together at home against the cowboys and the run defense we saw today comes too

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
They didn't do that the whole game so stop. The offense sucked. Ben sucked Bell sucked the Oline sucked the WRs sucked.. they weren't in sync all game..hopefully they can get it together at home against the cowboys and the run defense we saw today comes too

Quit with the "oh stop" ****, I'm not 5 years old. I never said they did that all game, it's a damn expression. Ok let's not even talked about who or who don't suck for a minute.

Are you going to sit there and honestly tell me you saw no difference in our offensive calls in the 4th compared to the first 3 qtrs?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Quit with the "oh stop" ****, I'm not 5 years old. I never said they did that all game, it's a damn expression. Ok let's not even talked about who or who don't suck for a minute.

Are you going to sit there and honestly tell me you saw no difference in our offensive calls in the 4th compared to the first 3 qtrs?

Are you going to honestly say the Ravens calls were the same also up 21-0

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score

These guys were never MENTALLY in this game. Special teams is a disgrace. We are terribly coached, period. At least one head must roll. I don't see how this can be ignored.

Must agree! Time owners caught up to the game, this coaching staff has not shown then can prepare a team to play. Players have not improved and head coach can not adjust to what is going on in front of him. Last of game Ben played his hart out, Rogers made some nice effort along with Bell. Where was this in the beginning of game, again Tomlin can light NO FIRE under a team. We have lost all identity under this coaching staff.

I started to be skeptical last year when we went through the secondary debacle with Boykin and the whole scheme Lake was running. Now I think back to some of my other tantrums and Todd Haley's name jumps into my head. Run-run- pass- punt doesn't do anything for me. Repeatedly running into 7 & 8 man fronts doesn't either. If Ben is playing like ****, whatever you do...don't go to a no huddle, 'cause he can't play any worse and who knows, he might just snap out of it.

Out-coached is my opinion and while I haven't started to have Tomlin nightmares, they can't be far away.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Nice way to side step the question

How am side stepping the question??? We ran no huddle in the first half and got NOTHING

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think dallas's oline will kill us. Could get ugly if Ben doesn't figure out what he is doing

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
For as pretty as the pass to Coates that he dropped another big play missed was Coates deep that was overthrown. 10-7 game If he is hit in stride and provided he catches it.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
How am side stepping the question??? We ran no huddle in the first half and got NOTHING

We ran it on like one possession, you saw no different in personal or the pace?

Baltimore stayed aggressive, they never went to a prevent, they didn't come out in some dumbass 2 DL set

chipped ham

Reaction score
Nice way to side step the question

There definitely was a difference, but it also seemed like Ben settled down a bit and stopped forcing so much. Baltimore also did reel it in a little bit there at the end. It kills me how little they used the middle of the field. Even ******* Gannon was calling for it, pointing out how open Baltimore was leaving it.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
There definitely was a difference, but it also seemed like Ben settled down a bit and stopped forcing so much. Baltimore also did reel it in a little bit there at the end. It kills me how little they used the middle of the field. Even ******* Gannon was calling for it, pointing out how open Baltimore was leaving it.
Yeah he did, but that's part of my point, we used more 3 wr sets, quick pace, quick routes to get him going, we should've went to that quicker

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
We ran it on like one possession, you saw no different in personal or the pace?

Baltimore stayed aggressive, they never went to a prevent, they didn't come out in some dumbass 2 DL set

Two different defenses built totally different. And again the 2 DL wasn't the issue today. Our offense was.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

thing is you are pointing to one game

it isn't a one game problem

that is the mistake a lot of fans are making

it is a continuous horrific trend

on a team one person is responsible for breaking bad trends

the head coach

Tomlin doesn't make good game decisions, more often than not..

The team is more often than not slow out of the gates.

The team loses to ****** teams more often than not.

The team makes no half time adjustments more often than not.

This head coach gets out coached by ****** coaches as well as great ones.

I am done letting excuses get in the way.

I am firmly on the get rid of Tomlin train.

choo ******* choo

Last edited:

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Yeah he did, but that's part of my point, we used more 3 wr sets, quick pace, quick routes to get him going, we should've went to that quicker

Two garbage TDs dont mean anything. They still looked like ****

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
My question is where the **** is Nix????

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It's like this every time Ben comes back from injury. He plays like **** and the whole team suffers. Next game, he'll be fine and we'll look good again.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
It's like this every time Ben comes back from injury. He plays like **** and the whole team suffers. Next game, he'll be fine and we'll look good again.

Makes it particularly tough when he plays like that in a division game against a bad opponent. You'd like to think the team could still win win Ben playing below par.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

until the next ****** team comes to town

#TheTrendTrending