• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers w/ mason vs ben

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
When Maddox got hurt and Ben was thrown into the starting spot as a rookie and won 14 games in a row, we had Bettis at RB and a lights-out defense. Today we have neither of these THREE things.

the 3rd being "UN-mentioned coaching" (oooopppss)

Salute the nation

SteveA

Reaction score
Bullshit. Tommy boy was a great, great QB at Michigan and would have won the Heisman but for the fact he could not take the starting job away from the incredible Brian Griese.

and he only made the Patriots 53 in 2001 because Bishop got hurt in the preseason I think, then John Friesz or whatever his name is got hurt as well that promoted him #2.

It is incredible that this man came from both those times in his life when he could have amounted to absolutely nothing, to become the greatest QB of all time...

Think about it...He COULDN'T get off the bench in college & somehow got on an NFL roster because someone got hurt and then was able to seize the moment when Drew Bledsoe went down. He NEVER gave that starting job back to a very, very polished starting QB.

Amazing, & it shows you how life can turn for you if you are ready. Pretty damn inspiring. Mason has an opportunity here, let's see how this plays out

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
It is incredible that this man came from both those times in his life when he could have amounted to absolutely nothing, to become the greatest QB of all time...

Think about it...He COULDN'T get off the bench in college & somehow got on an NFL roster because someone got hurt and then was able to seize the moment when Drew Bledsoe went down. He NEVER gave that starting job back to a very, very polished starting QB.

Amazing, & it shows you how life can turn for you if you are ready. Pretty damn inspiring. Mason has an opportunity here, let's see how this plays out

That and your team dresses employees up as NFL employees and video tapes the other teams walk throughs and video tapes their signals and relays to Tom-Terrific what defense they are in.

They were flat out busted taping the Rams walk through before the Super Bowl, and no one cares.

The Steelers in 2004, put a play in during their pregame walk through the friday of the AFCCG, a play they hadn't run all year, they run it in the AFCCG and Harrison is standing right in front of the TE for a pick 6.

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score

Well don't forget about how "the tuck" played into his future stardom. Dont even get me started. The biggest fumble not called a fumble in history imo. The nature of what propelled him to his big break is disgusting.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Well don't forget about how "the tuck" played into his future stardom. Dont even get me started. The biggest fumble not called a fumble in history imo. The nature of what propelled him to his big break is disgusting.

Right. There are favored children, and the rest of the league.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Well don't forget about how "the tuck" played into his future stardom.

Between that and AB fleecing the Raiders to join those cheatin' ********, I'd say Raiders fans have a pretty healthy hate for that team.

SteveA

Reaction score
That and your team dresses employees up as NFL employees and video tapes the other teams walk throughs and video tapes their signals and relays to Tom-Terrific what defense they are in.

New England ain't my team or even close to it....I'm a STEELER fan and have been since 1972, and HATE NE. But come on man, where the guy came from & what the guy did is pretty damn incredible.

Literally he was an after thought in life.....I gotta give dude credit....

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
New England ain't my team or even close to it....I'm a STEELER fan and have been since 1972, and HATE NE. But come on man, where the guy came from & what the guy did is pretty damn incredible.

I was using "your" in reference to Brady, as NE was his team. So you don't care one bit about the cheating?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well Billicheat won 11 games after Brady went down. Since Mason is a better QB than Cassel Tomlin should be able to easily win 11 games with him. Right?

Depends how many of those games did they cheat?

prime example why you can never compare Steelers VS cheatriots. the unknown cheating factor...

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
C'mon, he plays exactly like Landry Jones? Yes, he tends to stare down his receivers and he needs to learn to look off the Safety, but he's just getting his feet wet. His poise, confidence & pocket presence are night & day compared to Laundry Jones.

You, sir, are on punishment!!! No, no, no, no to the comparisons to Landry Jones?!?!?!?

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
When Maddox got hurt and Ben was thrown into the starting spot as a rookie and won 14 games in a row, we had Bettis at RB and a lights-out defense. Today we have neither of these things.

Not so sure w/ the new additions on D...let's see what happens Sunday. Feiler and Villy need to have big games pass/run blocking...

SteveA

Reaction score
So you don't care one bit about the cheating?

No and never have....Baseball players have been stealing signs forever. The Celtics probably pulled the fire alarm at the Lakers Hotel & woke their *** up....So what? The San Francisco Giants used to flood old Candlestick park with water when the Dodgers and Maury Wills came to town, to stop Maury Wills from going off on them..Deflate gate is nothing...

Sure they try to get a competitive advantage, wish we would too...

These ******* ******** are way more prepared to a man than all other teams combined for 2 ******* decades.

I hate em too, but you I also give credit where credit is due. These ******* have schooled everyone...

My point really wasn't about all of that cheating. It's the fact that Tom Brady came so close to NEVER BEING A STAR PLAYER. Look at him at age 42, he has kept himself. He knows his strengths of himself and team. He uses what he has and has won in spite of bad defenses before. So yeah, I am gonna give the dude props.

Brady came from ******* nowhere to be an International name & legend. If he was ours we would be ******* proud....Just sayin'

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

My sarcasm detector must be broken...

Yup, I was right - NOPE, not giving Marsha ANY CREDIT due to the KNOWN CHEATING. He was a BUM in college - NO AMOUNT OF COACHING makes you a bum to G.O.A.T.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Not so sure w/ the new additions on D...let's see what happens Sunday. Feiler and Villy need to have big games pass/run blocking...

Except the ****-flinging monkey that was The Bruce's top assistant moved to the defense when he left.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
never, ever inflate the ego of an attorney who's legal representation skills are mocked by $12/hr public defenders.

My-Cousin-Vinny.jpg

PD's make upwards of $15.00 per hour in California, you ignorant slut.

Because, you know, the minimum wage thing ...

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
to hell with lawyers

A poll of 1,473 people in 2018 showed that 97% respect lawyers, and in fact more than 90% LOVE lawyers in general and their own lawyers 100% of the time. The love and admiration of the legal community and lawyers was so overwhelming that the pollsters simply stopped asking people, and published their findings that everybody loves lawyers, lawyers are admired and respected, and lawyers rule the world of public opinion.

http://lawyerspolling.com

Knowing you, I bet that next, you are going to accuse me of lying. If so, I have a poll for that.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
FB-IMG-1568938402571.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Hopefully history repeats itself

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I hope you are absolutely kidding or sarcasm about t*mmyb*y. He is a ******* CHEATER without ethics !

Salute the nation

Vader

Reaction score
Bradshaw was injured in 1982. One year after that Malone was the starting QB. Mason Rudolph's name and Mark Malone's name both start with MA. Also Malone was 22 years old when drafted while Rudolph is 24 years old. Which is a difference of 2 years. Mason's QB # is???? 2. Shocked? There's more. Malone took over in 1983. 1+9+8+3= 21. Mason was 21 years old when he started his first full season at OSU. But wait there is more! Malone's QB # was 16... 1+6= 7... How many rushing yards does Mason have????? You guessed it 7. Seriously what are the odds?

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
:spit2:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Bradshaw was injured in 1982. One year after that Malone was the starting QB. Mason Rudolph's name and Mark Malone's name both start with MA. Also Malone was 22 years old when drafted while Rudolph is 24 years old. Which is a difference of 2 years. Mason's QB # is???? 2. Shocked? There's more. Malone took over in 1983. 1+9+8+3= 21. Mason was 21 years old when he started his first full season at OSU. But wait there is more! Malone's QB # was 16... 1+6= 7... How many rushing yards does Mason have????? You guessed it 7. Seriously what are the odds?

So you are saying Rudolph is Tom Selleck reincarnated?

:smiley_abyz: