• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Signing TE Mycole Pruitt

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
a
Sure, a case could easily be made that I dwell too much on it, that is part of being a fan, to some degree. When I see my team doing things that lead to them being worse of a team and hurting their chances to compete for another title, I speak out. I have zero control over their policies, just like we have zero control over our country's policies, but some of us speak out on those too. I guess it's a matter of "passion." Some naturally have more than others. But the good news is, I guess, that the Steeler ownership is slowly decreasing fan passion of people like me. Apathy is the death to team loyalty of fans. And up to the latest team moves, I was firmly heading to apathy land. And if Cousie Shades is re-upped and he continues his usual ways, my fervor will continue to dissolve, to the point of not even watching the games, especially if they continue making such more and more arduous.

And then, you will be free of people like me.
take a walk, read a book, grow some veggies, eat some bacon. Football is a game played by millionaires. enjoy it when you can.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
a

take a walk, read a book, grow some veggies, eat some bacon. Football is a game played by millionaires. enjoy it when you can.

Eat some BACON ? A foreign topic around here………………………

In the distant past I use to be very invested in the NFL. I’d catch near every game played. Talk strategy, player Developement, ect.. That has waned down as more GREED stepped up.

FAST Forward to today

NOT so much. I only take note in STEELERs stuff and could care less about other games aspects of the NFL. Other than the cheating and manipulation of said product, catches my attention here and there.

Salute the nation

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Eat some BACON ? A foreign topic around here………………………

In the distant past I use to be very invested in the NFL. I’d catch near every game played. Talk strategy, player Developement, ect.. That has waned down as more GREED stepped up.

FAST Forward to today

NOT so much. I only take note in STEELERs stuff and could care less about other games aspects of the NFL. Other than the cheating and manipulation of said product, catches my attention here and there.

Salute the nation
I am pretty much at the same place. I do watch Monday night and Thursday football but not passionate about it like I used to be.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
So I try to make intelligent conversation and you keep on keeping. It's like talking to a goldfish.

Tomlin sucks, rah rah.
I responded factually of the subject at hand. How was I wrong? The past has proven if you have a brother on the team, you don't need the skills to make the team, was I wrong? How did Watt, Davis and Edmunds do production wise to prove their worth? Were those 3 signing proven worth their cost/focus? Has the "little meatball" proven he was worth drafting in the 2 years he's been on the team, even given "favor status" to be involved in plays? Was the "shortest TE in the NFL" (no other TE is under 6' as Connor is) worth the effort of getting him drafted and signed? Is the fact that he is Cam's brother the reason he was drafted above all other factors? Do I have an actual point? Demonstrate how my assertion is invalid instead of attacking the poster. Try being civil.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I responded factually of the subject at hand. How was I wrong? The past has proven if you have a brother on the team, you don't need the skills to make the team, was I wrong? How did Watt, Davis and Edmunds do production wise to prove their worth? Were those 3 signing proven worth their cost/focus? Has the "little meatball" proven he was worth drafting in the 2 years he's been on the team, even given "favor status" to be involved in plays? Was the "shortest TE in the NFL" (no other TE is under 6' as Connor is) worth the effort of getting him drafted and signed? Is the fact that he is Cam's brother the reason he was drafted above all other factors? Do I have an actual point? Demonstrate how my assertion is invalid instead of attacking the poster. Try being civil.

Just speculation here, but it doesn’t take being a brother to another player for Tomlin to fail players.

Broderick Jones is a prime example of being failed by the HC, to date. That could change and lets hope it does.

Salute the nation

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
As gar as brothers go. Glad he went out and got TJ

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Just speculation here, but it doesn’t take being a brother to another player for Tomlin to fail players.

Broderick Jones is a prime example of being failed by the HC, to date. That could change and lets hope it does.

Salute the nation
It's got to work out. Jones is a classic LT being forced to play RT. That HAS to change this year. Kahn needs to take control and make the right thing happen there.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
As many other udfa and late picks get signed aand given a chance, the % that actually make it is quite low. I do agree that a contract like little Watt got was stupid though