• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Signing TE Mycole Pruitt

Troglodyte

Reaction score
12 TDs in only 71 career receptions. Decoy plays?

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
This is likely as much about helping teach the new system during OTA's as anything. Having a few of Arthur's guys in the classrooms and on the field will help with the transition to his terminology and style. To me a on field coach/camp body.

Poobah

Reaction score
just a depth guy and, like others said, probably a system guy. he may not even be on the opening day roster. Not every signing is expected to be a starter and depth guys are always needed and for more than just gameday injuries.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
With every day that passes by, your plan makes more and more sense to me. It would be way easier to go TE in the 3rd or 4th than invest on a RT in the 1st and jeopardize the C/WR situation. Anyway I would always try to trade down (but inside the 1st round) to get an extra day 2 pick
Washington should WANT to do this imho..
He would excel at the position and extend his career …which means improved long term financial security..

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
If this guy makes the 53 who does he replace? Conner?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed. Same player. Wonder how much big brother Cam would show love to his crush Tomlin after he cut his brother for a
Journeyman.

About 22 million dollars worth………………….

Salute the nation

carbonsteel

Reaction score
I keep wondering if they have thoughts of making Freiermuth a WR.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Arthur Smith uses 2 TE a lot. Steelers currently only have 2 TEs Freiermuth and Washington. Heyward is not a real TE. They had to get a 3rd TE.
Then what position is "Meatball" for real? Not a WR. Not a RB.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
A playmaker ? I didn’t mind him in a backup role, though he regressed by the end of the season. He definitely will have to earn a roster spot in preseason

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
A playmaker ? I didn’t mind him in a backup role, though he regressed by the end of the season. He definitely will have to earn a roster spot in preseason
He's already "earned" a spot; he's Cam's brother. That's all you need to do to "earn" a spot on Tomlin's team. See Watt Davis, Edmunds.

Reactions: xjx

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
He's already "earned" a spot; he's Cam's brother. That's all you need to do to "earn" a spot on Tomlin's team. See Watt Davis, Edmunds.
So I try to make intelligent conversation and you keep on keeping. It's like talking to a goldfish.

Tomlin sucks, rah rah.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score

He doesn’t have a true position. I’m guessing if the Steelers keep him, he’ll be like an H-back kind of a hybrid FB and motion TE that mostly lines up in the backfield or motions out.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Where is watt Davis and edmunds?

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Where is watt Davis and edmunds?
They flamed out because they didn't deserve to be on the team in the 1st place, that's the entire point. Cousie Shades over values having brothers on the team. He thinks it's his secret weapon. Maybe one day the practice will win him a playoff game, hopefully before another 7 years goes by.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
They flamed out because they didn't deserve to be on the team in the 1st place, that's the entire point. Cousie Shades over values having brothers on the team. He thinks it's his secret weapon. Maybe one day the practice will win him a playoff game, hopefully before another 7 years goes by.
I think maybe you think too much about it. you have zero control over who is on the team just like me. but you dwell on this way to much.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
I think maybe you think too much about it. you have zero control over who is on the team just like me. but you dwell on this way to much.
Sure, a case could easily be made that I dwell too much on it, that is part of being a fan, to some degree. When I see my team doing things that lead to them being worse of a team and hurting their chances to compete for another title, I speak out. I have zero control over their policies, just like we have zero control over our country's policies, but some of us speak out on those too. I guess it's a matter of "passion." Some naturally have more than others. But the good news is, I guess, that the Steeler ownership is slowly decreasing fan passion of people like me. Apathy is the death to team loyalty of fans. And up to the latest team moves, I was firmly heading to apathy land. And if Cousie Shades is re-upped and he continues his usual ways, my fervor will continue to dissolve, to the point of not even watching the games, especially if they continue making such more and more arduous.

And then, you will be free of people like me.

oppus

Reaction score
Bottom of the roster, blocking TE, specials teams competition. His days of a moving the chains receiving TE are bout done though.

Good cheap Arthur Smith experience & competition signing though. May be a roster boost based on the new kick rules. Haven't got my head wrapped around player traits needed or useful for that aspect yet