• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers sign Patrick Peterson

ianv2012

Reaction score
I would have tweaked his contract . Gave him an extra year.
Yeah the FO has been saying they want him for awhile, so why haven't they extended him, in general they haven't really done anything other than cut Jackson and sign Peterson

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yep doesn't look necessarily BPA but now damn sure looks necessary. I will cross each finger and toe hoping the value is there and that it doesn't cost the team a key component at another position.

I think what this does is somewhat cancel out the effect of having a 32 luxury pick that is now looking anything but a luxury.
I'm starting to think they feel they are good at Oline. They are gonna take CB and ILB / DL depending on the next several days.

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
I'm starting to think they feel they are good at Oline. They are gonna take CB and ILB / DL depending on the next several days.

I really hope they spend in FA for a ILB like Edmunds from Buffalo and thats why they let Sutton walk. Tomlins defense needs an elite coverage, sideline to sideline athletic freak at one of the ILB spots and that might be the hardest spot to fill, there might be 1-2 max guys like that in this year's draft.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
When I was going through draft results from last year I saw a team that had good results picking multiple corners. I wouldn't be against that happening either if value presents itself.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I really hope they spend in FA for a ILB like Edmunds from Buffalo and thats why they let Sutton walk. Tomlins defense needs an elite coverage, sideline to sideline athletic freak at one of the ILB spots and that might be the hardest spot to fill, there might be 1-2 max guys like that in this year's draft.
Edmunds signed with the Bears, I believe.

ianv2012

Reaction score
Edmunds signed with the bears for 4 years

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Who here can get PFF breakdown of Peterson and Sutton on last season? It would be a good look.

ianv2012

Reaction score
Who here can get PFF breakdown of Peterson and Sutton on last season? It would be a good look.
Just looked it up quickly, didn't do a breakdown or anything

According to PFF

Patrick Peterson:

80.7 rating
Tied for 13th in total tackles (60)
Tied for 2nd in interceptions (5)
Tied for 32nd with targets (73)
Tied for 39th with receptions allowed (43)

Cameron Sutton:

71.6 rating
Tied for 65th in tackles (37)
Tied for 9th in interceptions (3)
Tied for 37th in targets (71)
Tied for 63rd in receptions allowed (36)

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Just looked it up quickly, didn't do a breakdown or anything

According to PFF

Patrick Peterson:

80.7 rating
Tied for 13th in total tackles (60)
Tied for 2nd in interceptions (5)
Tied for 32nd with targets (73)
Tied for 39th with receptions allowed (43)

Cameron Sutton:

71.6 rating
Tied for 65th in tackles (37)
Tied for 9th in interceptions (3)
Tied for 37th in targets (71)
Tied for 63rd in receptions allowed (36)
Thank you.

I was hoping they would mention a man vs zone/yardage/TD comparison, I guess they don't break it down like that.

steelpastor

Reaction score
I understand your frustration, but San Fran called and would like a word? In fact, that's exactly how they almost won the Super Bowl. t

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
7 mil per, not horrible, weren't getting Cam at that price. Probably designed so they can cut him next year if needed and not have a bad cap penalty as well
Probably back loaded I would guess that this season it is 3-5 mil?

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I disagree, 8 million is too much for a backup, they could find a guy for 4-5 million a year who could give you a chance to win a couple of spot starts, I don't care what team we're talking about if the QB1 goes down for the long term it's season over, if the goal is to win titles you don't spend 8 million a year on a backup QB that can't get you to a championship
Ben says "hi"...

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone was bitchin earlier we did nothing We get an 8 time pro bowler and ya’ll still bitchin
Ex pro bowler last one being 4 years ago. Let's not inflate the signing.

Any-who not sure why anyone would be fond of losing Sutton. He was a solid multi positional player. So naturally there will be some vent time.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Everyone was bitchin earlier we did nothing so far. We get an 8 time pro bowler and ya’ll still bitchin
Yes but Steve the guy is going to be 33. This will be a short term not long term solution.
Hopefully he hasn’t lost a step!
Man, back this up 5 or 6 years and of course more expensive, I’d love this signing.