• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers sign Patrick Peterson

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

ianv2012

Reaction score
This is what concerns me if they feel this same way. For me to feel better about this they need to attack today's move with another corner. Peterson won't be versatile like Cam. He was like having two good corners at different spots. Peterson isn't going to play man. So if they need to play that who plays it with consistently?

Kicking the can down the road hoping for good results usually does little for the here and now. I mean it isn't like the Steelers are picking top ten. The attractive value could easily be off the board.

So we cross fingers and toes?
Tbh I don't think that they think they NEED a CB or NEED OL, I think like Mad said they're higher on those positions in house than we are....... it's a bold strategy cotton we'll see if it pays off for them

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Tbh I don't think that they think they NEED a CB or NEED OL, I think like Mad said they're higher on those positions in house than we are....... it's a bold strategy cotton we'll see if it pays off for them
Bad decision making creates bad results.

I hope that isn't their frame of mind.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Busy doing what???
Playing beach blanket bingo. It would be a nice fallback after not being able to see the Steelers in the playoffs.😅

steelhurt

Reaction score
I don’t like the trade off of a soon to be 33 year old Peterson for 26 year old Sutton that we developed.
Stupid move imo! Same crap happened with Mike Hilton! We draft them, develop them and let them walk replacing with 33 year old has beens.
Idk, maybe Peterson still has something left in the tank. I hope so!

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder what he cash is. I'm thinking they lost Sutton, brought in an old FA and are going Corner at 17 or 32. Not what I wanted but looks necessary.
Yep doesn't look necessarily BPA but now damn sure looks necessary. I will cross each finger and toe hoping the value is there and that it doesn't cost the team a key component at another position.

I think what this does is somewhat cancel out the effect of having a 32 luxury pick that is now looking anything but a luxury.

ianv2012

Reaction score
I don’t like the trade off of a soon to be 33 year old Peterson for 26 year old Sutton that we developed.
Stupid move imo! Same crap happened with Mike Hilton! We draft them, develop them and let them walk replacing with 33 year old has beens.
I think Sutton is 28

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
You think that makes him the better corner? Hell with what he gave up in coverage right? And what's the odds he gets another year of 5ints? When opposing WRs are logging their frequent flyer miles we will revisit and see if you are still thinking the same.
What has Pee Paw done to you??? I'm sensing he stole sumptin' from ya???

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
What has Pee Paw done to you??? I'm sensing he stole sumptin' from ya???
No I liked the guy way back when I just know he isn't an upgrade now.

Anywho I stumbled across this thought you might like the view.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Also saw this for peeps can see what Dean cost.

ianv2012

Reaction score
Patrick Peterson wants to where #7 with the Steelers.......yeah not happening, welcome to Steeler Nation, but just nip that and pick a different number bud 😂

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
The thing is that we are also not as high on their current CBs as I think they are… yeah we feel like they need that shutdown corner, but i think they think Witherspoon is going to be that guy if healthy.. he has been inconsistent in his career to date, but has some high profile shutdown games… people thought that he got benched for performance but it turned out he had a hamstring Injury that hampered him almost all season…

so they simply might ignore the position in the draft altogether… because in their head they are better than we think they are. I think if they make any substantial offer to James Pierre then you should not expect a High target in the draft this year…
I'd add Levi Wallace to that list. The only one who looked terrible was Ahkello and Wallace replace him...

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score

What makes it worse is what Sutton signed for: 33 million over 3 years, 22 million guaranteed.

We couldn't compete with that offer??? Cutting Trubisky alone and signing a cheaper backup QB would almost get us there....I hope something big is in the works and that's why they couldn't pay that for Sutton, otherwise WTF

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
IDK Slash, it’s only the first day. I’d say this signing was like the Joe Haden signing, but the shelf life is only for two years max. Obviously Sutton signing to DET is down right disappointing, but the FO has been doing their way of FA business for over 30 years and DET is maxing out with all that cap room (just like CHI). I’m more concerned with ILB since CHI signed the two PIT we’re interested in the most. Pratt is off the market, so we need some bodies there….the draft doesn’t have a big crop.
Long Jr. Is off the market too. That is three in a short period of time. Steeler better get on the ball.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
What makes it worse is what Sutton signed for: 33 million over 3 years, 22 million guaranteed.

We couldn't compete with that offer??? Cutting Trubisky alone would almost get us there....I hope something big is in the works and that's why they couldn't pay that for Sutton, otherwise WTF
Kenny had multiple concussions last year. Cutting Tribby would be stupid...

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score

I disagree, 8 million is too much for a backup, they could find a guy for 4-5 million a year who could give you a chance to win a couple of spot starts, I don't care what team we're talking about if the QB1 goes down for the long term it's season over, if the goal is to win titles you don't spend 8 million a year on a backup QB that can't get you to a championship

ianv2012

Reaction score
I'd say he had one for sure and the other seemed more like an overreaction from the immediate sight of what happened to Tua