• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers sign Neal

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
and get a cap hit? no thanks.
AGREE Supe, and why Addison? That “college” familiarity more likely than not, will NOT translate to the NFL. (It’s been a year)

Our fan favorite Rudolf and Washington, never had much in the NFL.

These receivers aren’t going against college DBs, the QB can’t just chuck it high and far due to the WAY MORE narrow window they have to hit the target.

If that trade actually happened, at #12 & #17 we could get the coveted LT and a way more pressing need than WR. Both would still be best player available too !! Addison wouldn’t be BPA at even #17.

Salute the nation

Aussie_Steeler

Reaction score
If that trade actually happened, at #12 & #17 we could get the coveted LT and a way more pressing need than WR. Both would still be best player available too !! Addison wouldn’t be BPA at even #17.

Salute the nation
If that trade happened WR would become a top 2 need.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe Addison drops into 2nd round...
His lack of production his senior year really hurt him and exposed some weaknesses in his game at USC..
There was no reason for him to not have another monster season in that USC offense...and he did not.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe Addison drops into 2nd round...
His lack of production his senior year really hurt him and exposed some weaknesses in his game at USC..
There was no reason for him to not have another monster season in that USC offense...and he did not.
I think if he drops to 2A the Steelers take him. I think he will go in the 20s...

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Addison isn’t the cure-all that many think. As for “reunited” with the Fighting Pickett, if that’s the case then whomever is crying for that is a PITT homie. There are better WRs out there that will be available, if that is the route they are going. I don’t think WR is in the works, early anyways.

To many needs to go for a luxury pick to”reunite” a QB that is being put in a “rushing 1st” offense.

Salute the nation

My suggestion was to trade Dionte to get addison … I don’t know how seriously Houston is about trading the 12th overall, but if you could move dionte and say a third to get the 12th, you could probably trade that 12th for a lower first and a third or maybe even a low second…. That would set you up to get addison and not lose any picks… maybe even improve the lower pick…

Dionte is still in his prime and has some relatively cheap years left….

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
AGREE Supe, and why Addison? That “college” familiarity more likely than not, will NOT translate to the NFL. (It’s been a year)

Our fan favorite Rudolf and Washington, never had much in the NFL.

These receivers aren’t going against college DBs, the QB can’t just chuck it high and far due to the WAY MORE narrow window they have to hit the target.

Salute the nation
I think there is a lot of bogus superstitious bullshit. He has chemistry with Addison. Pretty sure he has chemistry with DJ, Muth and Pickens. He has all of OTAs and camp to improve it. He needs the chemistry of a Tackle that can run and pass block.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I think there is a lot of bogus superstitious bullshit. He has chemistry with Addison. Pretty sure he has chemistry with DJ, Muth and Pickens. He has all of OTAs and camp to improve it. He needs the chemistry of a Tackle that can run and pass block.
I think it's more of his smooth route-running ability and excellent hands along with his inside-outside ability as a receiver. JSN is WR1 in this draft, but IMO, Addison is the clear WR2.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think it's more of his smooth route-running ability and excellent hands along with his inside-outside ability as a receiver. JSN is WR1 in this draft, but IMO, Addison is the clear WR2.
And I think they are good where they are and can take wr 3 or 4 later in the draft. I'll even make Coolie happy and take the Tank fourth pick in the 3rd.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
And I think they are good where they are and can take wr 3 or 4 later in the draft. I'll even make Coolie happy and take the Tank fourth pick in the 3rd.
They can take one later in the draft, I just don't see the reason to knock Addison as a prospect. Also, the Steelers are very thin at the position.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
They can take one later in the draft, I just don't see the reason to knock Addison as a prospect. Also, the Steelers are very thin at the position.
I'm not knocking him. Though he is small. I'm saying they got a one and a two. Maybe a three. That is not thin with a team with some of these needs. Wr. Is luxury. Tackle, ILB, Corner. Those are needs.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm not knocking him. Though he is small. I'm saying they got a one and a two. Maybe a three. That is not thin with a team with some of these needs. Wr. Is luxury. Tackle, ILB, Corner. Those are needs.
It's going to be a lot to ask an undersized, fourth-round pick who missed his entire rookie season to step in as the clear No. 3. Again, I've seen this story before and it hasn't worked out well for the Steelers. I disagree WR is a luxury. Championship teams score points, something this team hasn't been able to do for a few years now.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
It's going to be a lot to ask an undersized, fourth-round pick who missed his entire rookie season to step in as the clear No. 3. Again, I've seen this story before and it hasn't worked out well for the Steelers. I disagree WR is a luxury. Championship teams score points, something this team hasn't been able to do for a few years now.
I agree to disagree. I do not want Addison in the first round. If they pick him I will become a hopeful fan. I want to see them transform this team with big dudes. If they have to take a corner I can live with that. They have some depth but not even one clear number one with that. So if it's going to be a player under 225 I want corner not wr.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I agree to disagree. I do not want Addison in the first round. If they pick him I will become a hopeful fan. I want to see them transform this team with big dudes. If they have to take a corner I can live with that. They have some depth but not even one clear number one with that. So if it's going to be a player under 225 I want corner not wr.
I agree they need to finalize the offensive line, but if this team doesn't learn how to score, they aren't going anywhere. Only 1 team in the conference championship games averaged fewer than 25 PPG since 2018. By contrast, the Steelers have averaged 20.2 and 18.1 PPG under Matt Canada. His offense isn't designed to get wide receivers in space and neither starter has shown the ability to create YAC on their own and Harris isn't an explosive runner. My ideal draft would include a LT, C, and WR in the first four picks with the best available defender with the fourth pick.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I am in favor of trading Drops for the 12th if it were an option, but I would go CB & OL or OL & CB with 12 & 17. Take a WR with 2A

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree they need to finalize the offensive line, but if this team doesn't learn how to score, they aren't going anywhere. Only 1 team in the conference championship games averaged fewer than 25 PPG since 2018. By contrast, the Steelers have averaged 20.2 and 18.1 PPG under Matt Canada. His offense isn't designed to get wide receivers in space and neither starter has shown the ability to create YAC on their own and Harris isn't an explosive runner. My ideal draft would include a LT, C, and WR in the first four picks with the best available defender with the fourth pick.
Outside of corner I agree. We have really no slot corner. You don't want Maulet there. Sutton is gone he was capable. The secondary really hasn't been a strength. Teams that could neutralize the Steelers pash rush destroyed the secondary. So they made steps to run and stop the run. But yeah outside of strengthening the Oline they need to stop the pass and be able to pass more efficiently.

My first three picks in an all equal BPA world would be T,WR, and corner. I would be ok with the other two top picks being a C and a DE. A case could be made for double dipping in the secondary as well. (outside corner and slot/dime CB or S.)

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I get the distinct feeling they are going Corner and I believe they will make me happy with Campbell at one of the two 2nd rounds.
They have done great with third round and later Wr's. Everyone knows that including them.

Last edited:

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't get the concern over CA3. He's basically another draft pick this year, with the advantage of knowing the offense already. They're is no downside here. He is no more a risky bet than drafting a WR this year to do what they plan to use CA3 for.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I don't get the concern over CA3. He's basically another draft pick this year, with the advantage of knowing the offense already. They're is no downside here. He is no more a risky bet than drafting a WR this year to do what they plan to use CA3 for.
I think a lot of people subscribe to the if we have all the super weapons we cannot he beat. I believe in good big dudes destroying not as good big dudes.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
He's a day 3 pick. I'd feel more comfortable moving forward with a receiver with a higher pedigree. It's basically like saying you're fine with Dan Moore at left tackle rather than a better prospect.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He's a day 3 pick. I'd feel more comfortable moving forward with a receiver with a higher pedigree. It's basically like saying you're fine with Dan Moore at left tackle rather than a better prospect.
Nothing wrong with trying to upgrade at any position. A WR should be taken, just not sure it should be with the first two picks.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
I think a lot of people subscribe to the if we have all the super weapons we cannot he beat. I believe in good big dudes destroying not as good big dudes.
But to completely dismiss him because of made up reasons is just ridiculous. Small shifty dudes have had just as much success as the big over powering dudes, more so if we're being honest.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
WR still is not a top need. They need a No. 3 or 4 WR. WR1 and WR2 are set. I wouldn't look to WR until the 3rd or 4th rounds. Our first 3 picks still should be CB, OT, and DL. I'd look to maybe Mingo in the 3rd if he's there or if there is an ILB or EDGE there. But, they really don't have to reach in the first 2 rounds (but they normally do). They can take BPA at an area of need - CB, OT, DL, ILB, EDGE, or WR. Those are the only positions I am even considering in this draft other than maybe a QB3 in the 7th. I actually still think they may look to FA for another WR prior to the draft.

ianv2012

Reaction score
WR still is not a top need. They need a No. 3 or 4 WR. WR1 and WR2 are set. I wouldn't look to WR until the 3rd or 4th rounds. Our first 3 picks still should be CB, OT, and DL. I'd look to maybe Mingo in the 3rd if he's there or if there is an ILB or EDGE there. But, they really don't have to reach in the first 2 rounds (but they normally do). They can take BPA at an area of need - CB, OT, DL, ILB, EDGE, or WR. Those are the only positions I am even considering in this draft other than maybe a QB3 in the 7th. I actually still think they may look to FA for another WR prior to the draft.
Well Tomlin and Kahn were at Iowa States' pro day, and Tomlin was watching Xavier Hutchinson very closely. He's also an option in the 3rd-4th round range