• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers legend 'would've said goodbye' to Antonio Brown for Facebook video

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
And guess what Joe. New England with their greasy rigged cap would have snapped him up and won the next three SB. I didnt like The video. He got his contract and he needs to be sat down and explained that no one remembers players like him without championships except for this bullshit. Chad Johnson or Jerry Rice. Who do you want to be. But really Joe. Terry Bradshaw is/ was an asshat. Michael Jordan wasnt a good team mate. Release AB. I dont think so.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
And guess what Joe. New England with their greasy rigged cap would have snapped him up and won the next three SB. I didnt like The video. He got his contract and he needs to be sat down and explained that no one remembers players like him without championships except for this bullshit. Chad Johnson or Jerry Rice. Who do you want to be. But really Joe. Terry Bradshaw is/ was an asshat. Michael Jordan wasnt a good team mate. Release AB. I dont think so.

I totally agree.

Thing is, AB isnt even really an ******* like those guys like you listed, he just does dumb things more often than you would like. I can certainly live with the latter if you are giving me All-Pro production.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Nobody has ever questioned his skills and work ethic.....it is just him doing his best TO or Chad Johnson impersonation that sucks....it is a weekly thing for him. whether on the field or off....During the season or off season. Now he has been paid....What is next? Hopefully a more mature locker room leader. A more mature player on the field to go a long with all of the catches, yards and TD's. And a TEAM first attitude would go a long way also. Maybe that is to much to hope for though.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
With the celebration rules tweaked you will see him in that aspect. Doing what he does.

If that is the extent of it I am fine with it.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I agree with Joe. There's no I in team. You get a handful of guys adopting the me first attitude and you will never ever win ****. Check your ego at the door.

awboatguy

Reaction score
I agree with Joe. There's no I in team. You get a handful of guys adopting the me first attitude and you will never ever win ****. Check your ego at the door.

d1653d83067a013621d96b791b036813.jpg

There you go, just have to find the "A" hole or follow him on Facebook live.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

True TB was a drama queen, but Michael Jordan not a good teammate? What planet is that from? MJ played to win championships and like Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlin helped those who played with them to be much better players. Heck, Phil's triangle offense predicated on eliminating Michael as the point man.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
True TB was a drama queen, but Michael Jordan not a good teammate? What planet is that from? MJ played to win championships and like Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlin helped those who played with them to be much better players. Heck, Phil's triangle offense predicated on eliminating Michael as the point man.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Mike was not a good team mate.. was very abrasive. Used fear and belittling to motivate

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
JORDAN AND BILL CARTWRIGHT
MJ and Bill Cartwright were, for a time, co-captains of the Bulls.

Sam Smith, in ""The Jordan Rules"" wrote that Jordan had no respect for Cartwright, told his teammates to keep the ball away from Cartwright in crucial late-game situations (even if coach Doug Collins called a play involving Cartwright), and bellittled the veteran publicly. Cartwright confronted Jordan:

Excerpt: He didn't do or say anything to anybody until late that season, when he told Jordan he needed to talk to him.

There was little small talk exchanged. "I don't like the things I've heard you saying about me," Cartwright told Jordan.

Jordan stared at him.

"If Iever hear again that you're telling guys not to pass me the ball," Cartwright continued, "you will never play basketball again."

That was it. But as Cartwright began to move better after surgery following the 1989-90 season, Jordan began to accept him more.

More stories here

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/stor...-competitve-a-hole-in-the-80s-and-90s.547264/

Reactions: MTC

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol...hell the coach should have kept the ball out of Cartright's hand in crucial situations....did you ever see the man shoot a free throw? He just might have been worse than Shaq.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Also...basketball is not football. Period.

Reactions: MTC

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Do a simple google search and you will see Michael Jordan has MANY detractors as a team mate and a human being. POINT. You can be great and be a shity teammate. Does AB need to have his spotlight *** sat down. 100% for sure. Should be a few select coaches and team leaders to do it. Should they have let him walk? Give me a ****** break. I think Joe is having a good old days moment. Guarantee there were huge and massive egos on that team too. And you show me a WR who isn't at least a bit of a diva and I'll show you a CFL quality WR. Reign it in AB. Period. You were shown the love. You are the highest profile player on the team. Drop the twitter crap.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Old news, but pretty funny seeing someone indignantly lecturing Joe Greene on a message board about anything having to do with football.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Joe publicly made a comment that he would have cut AB because of the locker room incident. I disagree and can guarantee at least 27 of the other teams would have too including most likely the Patriots who would have scooped him up in a heart beat. Because Joe Green was a really big guy who could run real fast for his size and was a heart and soul player doesn't mean he isn't ever wrong or misguided. Would you have cut AB Charles?? And lets not forget that the Star QB was like minutes away from being cut for embarrassing the organization. In hindsight, would that have been a good move?

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Oh and PS when Joe had his petulant public moment and was clearing out of his locker tired of the losing, that could have been viewed through a very different lens had he been a different player and had the team not gelled because of their overwhelming talent.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Mike was not a good team mate.. was very abrasive. Used fear and belittling to motivate

Read a lot of stories about him being abusive and belittling teammates and opponents.
MJ had a strong will to win and worked hard though. I respect him in some ways

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

I agree

I don't see AB changing his demeanor though. We'll see how the Steelers shape out over the season

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Read a lot of stories about him being abusive and belittling teammates and opponents.
MJ had a strong will to win and worked hard though. I respect him in some ways

And while I certainly wouldn't or couldn't compare AB to MJ, AB's work ethic is second to none and judging by his Goal Line Effort on Christmas, I really can't question his will to win. Receivers always believe that the team can only succeed with their contribution. Its annoying. But anyone who thinks this roster is better without him (even with him acting like a diva puke) is kinda unrealistic.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
And while I certainly wouldn't or couldn't compare AB to MJ, AB's work ethic is second to none and judging by his Goal Line Effort on Christmas, I really can't question his will to win. Receivers always believe that the team can only succeed with their contribution. Its annoying. But anyone who thinks this roster is better without him (even with him acting like a diva puke) is kinda unrealistic.

Maybe you are just reading to much into a statement said by an ex football player. I took from it that it didn't sit well with Joe what AB did FB living... because you know...Joe has zero say in if AB stays or goes...never has and never will....kind of like a fan giving his opinion. AB also reminds me of TO and Chad Johnson to much. To much for my liking but them I'm just a fan.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Oh and PS when Joe had his petulant public moment and was clearing out of his locker tired of the losing, that could have been viewed through a very different lens had he been a different player and had the team not gelled because of their overwhelming talent.
Now he was petulant? Too funny.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yes Charles. I would say that a grown man who was paid a lot of money at that time to play a game saying. Im tired of losing. Im taking my stuff and going home Petulant. I really would.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Heck, Phil's triangle offense predicated on eliminating Michael as the point man.

One of the great basketball stories of the Chicago Bulls is that the Triangle Offense was build around Scottie Pippen and NOT Michael Jordan. Phil Jackson knew Jordan could score. He knew he could score when doubled and often tripled. But he could only score 40 to 60 points consistently in a game and come playoff time, that just wasn't going to be good enough. Doug Collins had gotten plenty of offense out of Jordan earlier. He'd milked the Jordan offensive talent machine to DEATH and watched the Milwaukee Bucks advance.

Jackson knew that teams would plan Jordan and strategize to shut him down. What the Bulls needed was a way to capitalize on that defensive strategy. Enter Scotty Pippen and (Early on) B.J. Armstrong (as I remember it.) Kerr came later.

Pippen was a solid player out of Alabama, a decent mid range shooter, but he wasn't a tremendous threat to overwhelm a team all by himself. However what Pippen was amazing at was slashing to the basket. Either with the ball or without, Pippen had a natural need to slash to the basket. The Triangle Offense created a mismatch because teams needed to cheat at least one if not two players toward Jordan at all times. If you didn't do that, you were simply conceding the point. But when you did, Pippen could fly to the basket WITH the ball, or he could receive a pass from Jordan (an excellent passer) or one of the other guards and Pippen's best talent was finishing the drive down the lane.

This caused huge problems for defenses. Now they had to cheat carefully on Jordan, because Pippen was so good at playing off the ball or taking advantage of the coverage if he was given a step.

That's where the third point of the triangle came in. The Triangle offense requires a lethal 3 point shooter to bring it all together. First it was Armstrong, and later Steve Kerr. When Jordan wasn't going ahead and using the poor fellows assigned to him, or when Pippen wasn't flying through the lane for a layup or pulling up for a medium range jumper, then one of them was able to find the 3rd point of the triangle, often poorly covered as the defenses scrambled to deal with the firepower in the middle of the floor.

That was the beauty of the triangle, and Scottie Pippen actually made it all work. It was built around him, ironically enough.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Not denying AB's talent. He's a playmaker and adds dynamic to the Steelers and nfl at that. And yeah most receivers are divas. AB is not the only one. I don't think his diva antics fit the Steelers persona, but his physical abilities do. No you don't cut ties with him. He's too good

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
That's the difference between old-school and new-school. These days a really good player has to be pretty far up the douchebag list before his team will cut him. Like knocking out his girlfriend in an elevator or murdering a couple of people.