• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers/Chiefs moved to 8:20pm Sunday night

SanDiegoSteeler

Reaction score
Sucks!

But my guess is they could be worried about a power outage during the game... which would REALLY suck!

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope the wind dies down by game time. Ben likes to throw the ball down the field, and wind can affect those throws. Smith's throws are so close to the LOS that the wind does not matter much.

mdk2

Reaction score
Damnit! Well this ruins my brunch to game routine I'm used to. I'll have to adjust and come up with a new game plan.

awboatguy

Reaction score
I read it was to give the local authorities more time to clear the roads to allow for fans to drive safely to the game. 1305 or 2020 it doesn't matter. Either way we have to dominate early and often to ensure KC is playing from behind all night until the final whistle.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, this really freaking sucks.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Sweet! I took Monday off because I guess there's some kind of holiday and the kids have off. Ima gonna get good n' ripped!

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So... does the later game time help or hurt the visiting team?

mdk2

Reaction score
So... does the later game time help or hurt the visiting team?

IMO it gives Chiefs the advantage of a louder, more hostile home field. Hopefully not a lot of Chiefs fans go to the game because of the weather. The field will most likely be pretty muddy, I think that favors us.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I am happy for the change. I was supposed to go to a bowling tournament with squad times of 1 and 3 and was debating what to do. Now I can go to either and /or both and not worry. Plus Sundays are sometimes hectic w/ 2 kids and a gf hard to watch the game in peace during the day. As for the Steelers I dont think it will effect them much, but I am sure they will not want to be humiliated on national prime time TV so I am hoping it gives them a bit more edge.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Positives... bens ankle has several more hours to heal..

Negatives... primetime games arent our fortay these days

Big Ben Rules

Reaction score
IMO it gives Chiefs the advantage of a louder, more hostile home field. Hopefully not a lot of Chiefs fans go to the game because of the weather.The field will most likely be pretty muddy, I think that favors us.

The field should be fine. they will have the tarp over it probably until after the storm is over. I'd say around 3-4:00 they will take it off. now if it goes longer, it could get pretty ugly.

mdk2

Reaction score
The field should be fine. they will have the tarp over it probably until after the storm is over. I'd say around 3-4:00 they will take it off. now if it goes longer, it could get pretty ugly.

Looking at the forecast, looks like it might be raining all night.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
**** this just altered my whole weekend game plan. I'd fly in but I ain't messing around with planes and ice. **** that ****. Lets go get this W boys