• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers- chiefs game thread #PlayoffEditionPlayoffs?Playoffs?Playoffs!

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
If Matt Canada isn’t fired by 9am tomorrow i’m gonna ******* lose it.
He's not the one throwing bombs on 3rd and short when an RPO is called. I would have not called RPOs, I would force Ben to run the called play. Ben is done with his career there is no need to placate him now. For that I condemn the coaching staff. He should have NO options, just do as your told, and If he doesn't like that bring on Mason.

It would be 10-7 or 14-7 Steelers right now if not for that BS.

johngaenzler

Reaction score
You know, for some reason I don't completely blame him.....

He doesnt catch the ******* balls and run the correct routes and overthrow or completely miss guys when they do run the routes....
He does call draw plays on second and long though. He sucks.

Cras108er

Reaction score
7-0 and then 3 easy scores plus they get the ball to start the 2nd half. This game is over at halftime. Even when Canada did call a couple deep shots, DJ stopped on the route and then Ben way underthrew the ball to Claypool. It's looking more and more like one and done. I hope not but damn our D is falling apart and our O never had it going.
lol. We weren’t even supposed to be here.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
so Ben needs 99 yards passing to move up to 3rd on the all time post season list

Does he get there?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
If Matt Canada isn’t fired by 9am tomorrow i’m gonna ******* lose it.
He won’t be… like i said the guy is just doing what the head coach wants….

This is over a decade of us opening every playoff game in run run pass mentality

Tomlin builds a gameplan and won’t alter it until the late third quarter… the chiefs give up 4.8 ypc so we were trying to run and keep the chiefs o off the field, only our oline doesn’t run block well… so it isn’t working…

We will start moving the ball once we adjust in the late third… hopefully we aren’t down by four scores by then

fogdoctor

Reaction score
We are going to be playing from 28-7 down. Yea, I'm giving them 7 on the first drive of the half.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Again......we need players to make....PLAYS!!!!!!!
And who drafts these players and coaches them? I hear what you’re saying…but it starts at the top. Other teams find players and they make plays.

johngaenzler

Reaction score
The one priority of this defense was to cover Travis Kelce and they just can’t do it. Game Over.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
1 quarter of pathetic *** football. I would put Sutton back in place of Haden. Sit Spillane. In package football Haden can cover short. Not even sure how to attack on offense they refuse to try to move the chains it is either 2 yard passes, lobs, or DJs drops. KC is attacking weaknesses the team refuses to adjust.

xjx

Reaction score
We have a new OC, a new OL coach, a new RB, .......and we can't do anything on offense.

MemphisSteelerFan

Reaction score
Imagine if we could have sustained just 1-2 drives.
got to have WRs that can actually catch the ball and keep drives alive. Need to move on from Diontae. Maybe need to move on from Claypool. For those who think when Ben leaves, all the problems will be solved--get ready for Mason to get killed most of the time just like Ben does. It all starts with the Oline. Ben has to throw early cause he is going to get killed. Mason is not a track star. Its not like Mason is Mahomes as far as mobility goes.

Put Tom Terrific behind this line and let him throw to Diontae and Claypool and I bet it wouldnt be much better. Tom has Gronk-maybe the greatest TE ever. Ben has Friermuth--who is fine, but he is a rookie and is learning. Tom has Mike Evans and whoever else they have, but he doesnt have head case WRs who just drop the ball after it hits them in the hands. Tom has an actual OLine who can block and keep him upright most of the time. He doesnt have a line that just fails to block folks who run untouched to him and sacks him. He doesnt have WRs who just fumble the ball as they are running down the field like Diontae did in an earlier game. He has receivers who value the ball and the possession. Like in the DET game when Diontae made a great catch and was in FG range but tried to make a spectacular play and fumbled the ball away and consequently the potential WIN.

The key to this game was keeping Mahomes off the field as much as possible and getting some TOs. Well, got 2 turnovers but still down 14 pts because the offense with all its "warts" is just terrible. In the 2nd half, just let Ben call the plays and turn Canada's mic off. Just for these 2 quarters. It cant get any worse.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
I just saw in my crystal ball. Claypool makes an outstanding catch 50 yards downfield, and then gets flagged for taunting