• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers and AB agree to a contract extention

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
C5tI7NqUwAAPMOs.jpg

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Antonio Brown‏

Verified account @AntonioBrown 8m8 minutes ago
More
Steelers for life #Boomin

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Seems a little steep, hope it doesn't bite the Steelers in the ***.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
May be a bit steep, but could also tell Martaviusileus to get his head out of his ***.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Add the money to this what he is owed this year and spread it over 5 years. That is what his average yearly salary is with this deal. It's a 4 year extension or a 5 year total contract.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
How is he not a leader? Made one bad judgement call and all of a sudden he's not a leader.

Come on, not just the Facebook thing, but getting pissy because someone else gets the td, getting mad when he's not getting the ball after a win which has happened a few times. Throwing Tomlin under the bus twice.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Yes I know, I know, "you hate AB, let AB be AB, kiss his ***, etc, etc."

Troglodyte

Reaction score
May be a bit steep, but could also tell Martaviusileus to get his head out of his ***.

Either way, it means Bryant's first contract with the Steelers will also be his last.

Unless Brown can also play man coverage vs the Pats, I can't get too excited about this signing.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Either way, it means Bryant's first contract with the Steelers will also be his last.

Unless Brown can also play man coverage vs the Pats, I can't get too excited about this signing.

Yinz can't improve if you lose key players in the process.

For me this is something to get excited about.

deljzc

Reaction score
It's $68 million in NEW MONEY, but in reality it's a new 5-year, $72.75 million contract, which is right where I was thinking it would be. And very comparable to the other top WR deals out there.

That brings the average down to the $15 million/season range, which is what I thought needed to happen to get a deal done. Not sure about guarantees, but I would guess around half of the deal ($35 to $40 million some of which might be guaranteed for injury only).

Overall, that's close to what we were all debating about the last month. The Steelers chose the expensive deal. We'll see if it was the correct choice over the next three seasons.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Come on, not just the Facebook thing, but getting pissy because someone else gets the td, getting mad when he's not getting the ball after a win which has happened a few times. Throwing Tomlin under the bus twice.

First off the whole getting mad because the TD was crap. Was made up by some crappy NFL people. Video evidence of him raising his hands and cheering after the TD. Not getting pissy. I expect the great players to want the ball in big games and knowing what he brings I don't fault him. The unfortunate part is social media and everyone's opinion. I don't ever remember Jordan not wanting the ball whrm it counted. He never threw Tomlin underneath the bus. Again he made one bad judgement call and Tomlin happened to be heard. If we didn't hear Tomlin and what he said everyone would be saying how cool we get to experience the locker room after a win.