• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers 2nd Round Pick

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Et, Dobbins, or Perine. Those are my three likes. Et might be off the board but I could see Dobbins in the 2nd or Perine with that late 3rd comp if available.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

There are likely 4-5 really good RB's coming out this year - the only we didn't mention is the kid from LSU, Edwards-Heliare.

If I had to rank them:

1. Etienne
2. Harris
3. Dobbins
4. Edwards-Heliare
5. Perine

*Honorable mention/sleeper - Zack Moss

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
i'm hoping we can replace Foster with another Tennessee OL who wears 73 - Trey Smith. He had some blood clot issues, but those have been worked out. They moved him inside on the OL and he's a ******* monster at LG.

You know, you and I have talked about this to drunkardness - Foster HAS TO BE REPLACED THIS YEAR!!! I'm all for your selection, BTW - I'm thinking Big Al needs a replacement too, but that's just me...

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone here think James Conner will hold up for a FULL season this coming year? I don't think he will but keep him due to low cost rookie salary.

It won't make any difference until Fitchner ups his game.

Salute the nation

Hence my pimping of Najee Harris. Big, durable, ball secure, and fast enough. He also has a huge head as a battering ram - just in case, Cooch wants to add his two cents...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hence my pimping of Najee Harris. Big, durable, ball secure, and fast enough. He also has a huge head as a battering ram - just in case, Cooch wants to add his two cents...
Cooch doesn't like big heads.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
There are likely 4-5 really good RB's coming out this year - the only we didn't mention is the kid from LSU, Edwards-Heliare.

If I had to rank them:

1. Etienne
2. Harris
3. Dobbins
4. Edwards-Heliare
5. Perine

What about Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin

Smash

Contributor
Reaction score
Conner behind our current oline/OC is not a starting RB imo. Not to mention what a let down JaySam is/was this year. If Etienne or preferably Dobbins is sitting there at 2-35+ I'd go get them. We need a bruiser that can wear defenses down and stay healthy.

I feel Najee and Taylor go in first round.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Conner behind our current oline/OC is not a starting RB imo. Not to mention what a let down JaySam is/was this year. If Etienne or preferably Dobbins is sitting there at 2-35+ I'd go get them. We need a bruiser that can wear defenses down and stay healthy.

I like your thoughts - I will not be happy if Najee goes in the first, but again, THE WORLD watched Henry destroy the *'s. Return of the BIG BACK is BACK, baby!!!

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/13JWpjpfhRVWH6" width="480" height="361" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/jerome-bettis-psamp-13JWpjpfhRVWH6">via GIPHY</a></p>

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been saying for years now we need a tall, fast WR that can catch. He can learn how to run better routes with the right coach and offseason training. We always grab the tall fast ones that have a knock on them for dropping the ball.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I've been saying for years now we need a tall, fast WR that can catch. He can learn how to run better routes with the right coach and offseason training. We always grab the tall fast ones that have a knock on them for dropping the ball.

or smoking pot

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Getting Bush cost us a chance at Metcalf, who was there at pick 52. Also, good running backs are definitely available at pick 50 or later - last year Sanders went at 53, Singletary at 74, Mattison at 102. All 3 would have been very good starters for the 2019 Steelers.

Sanders 818 yds rushing, 4.6 YPC, 3 TD's, 50 catches, 509 yards, 10.2 YPR, 3 receiving TD's
Singletary 775 yds rushing, 5.1 YPC, 2 TD's, 29 catches, 194 yards, 6.7 YPR, 2 receiving TD's
Mattison 462 yds rushing, 4.6 YPC, 1 TD, 10 catches, 82 yards, 8.2 YPR

I would feel pretty good about having any of those three come into the 2020 season as the #1 running back.

Steelers4us

Reaction score
No way, it's a shame to because I really like the guy. The things he has overcame and is good at what he does.

He's hell when he's well, he's just sick a lot!
Does anyone here think James Conner will hold up for a FULL season this coming year? I don't think he will but keep him due to low cost rookie salary.

It won't make any difference until Fitchner ups his game.

Salute the nation

Sent from my SM-N976V using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelers4us

Reaction score
Et

Sent from my SM-N976V using Steeler Nation mobile app

Scott109

Reaction score

If I had to rank them:

1. Etienne
2. Harris
3. Dobbins
4. Edwards-Heliare
5. Perine

Where do you rank Taylor and Swift?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Do you trade Connor for a draft pick, if you select a RB with round 2 pick?