• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelernation tracking the practice squad

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So assuming they are looking to add at least 1 at each position, qb,Rb,te,wr, g,t,c, Dl/nt dl/de
Ilb,olb, s,cb that leaves 3 doubles… they usually have multiple wrs, but with 7active, who knows and they almost certainly will carry an extra DB. Of they really arent trading Rudolph they could skimp on the extra qb… id assume another oline guy… if they don’t keep another wr pr a fourth Qb, they could add to the dline if Mondeaux wants to come back..

xjx

Reaction score
I just hope they get things sorted out so we won't be ranked 31. If we could just get to 22.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would be looking to sign 8 OL positions. Good chance they get to play sometime this year.

Could very easily be right. Coach Tomlin can't seem to get an OL that has actually played together for more than 1 year, that is a problem for building an OL. The teams with OLs that have played together for more than 2 years seem to be the better OLs in the NFL........... Let's invest heavily and get to that point...................

Salute the nation

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Could very easily be right. Coach Tomlin can't seem to get an OL that has actually played together for more than 1 year, that is a problem for building an OL. The teams with OLs that have played together for more than 2 years seem to be the better OLs in the NFL........... Let's invest heavily and get to that point...................

Salute the nation
So we have been waiting for that draft investment in OL for the past two drafts....and have only the failing Green experiment and the worrisome Moore experiments to show. When you add in the departures of Pouncey, DeCastro and Big Al, you can clearly see the massive talent deficit has not been addressed.

Pouncey must be freaking to see his 53 on a turnstile.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Have to wonder what the thought process is here, with only 8 now signed, and literally every other team with their PS filled.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Have to wonder what the thought process is here, with only 8 now signed, and literally every other team with their PS filled.
Not all of them have their ps filled, most only signed 13-15 players yesterday.. i think a few dominoes are holding everything up… im guessing once the ir spots are opened a bunch of guys move all at once, either to rosters or to ps’s

With an extra week, filling these quickly isn’t as big a deal

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Not all of them have their ps filled, most only signed 13-15 players yesterday.. i think a few dominoes are holding everything up… im guessing once the ir spots are opened a bunch of guys move all at once, either to rosters or to ps’s

With an extra week, filling these quickly isn’t as big a deal
I understand, just concerned we'll end up with the ugly stepsister of what's left.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I understand, just concerned we'll end up with the ugly stepsister of what's left.
we already drafted that in the 3rd round last year. i know its hectic, but please try to keep up.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So four more… Mondeaux was lost to the Giants practice squad… but I don’t think Tyler Vaughn or Chris steele or buddy Johnson ended up anywhere and I expected all of them to be PS’d

FatsHolmes

Reaction score

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Steelers claimed Jamir Jones off waivers, and waived Derreck Tuszka.
All about the same really… they cut jones because they felt they needed that special teams ace… Im not sure thats true anymore… same with layne… boykin made his special teams work expendable

ianv2012

Reaction score
All about the same really… they cut jones because they felt they needed that special teams ace… Im not sure thats true anymore… same with layne… boykin made his special teams work expendable

I think Jones flashed better pass rush potential, at least IMO