• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

ark steel

Reaction score
Crazy series, Rags just won't die easy. Hard to predict how game 7 is going to go.

Driving me up the wall trying to determine which team is going to show up. After shutting them out in MSG, I was sure the Lightning would put them down tonight.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
The Bolts had to take them down tonight. I can't see the Rags losing another one at MSG and not a Game 7. TB can win, but it's a mighty tall order. Will prob be a 2-1 hang on for dear life game.

Spike

Reaction score
Go Ducks!

465216938.jpg

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Back to back game 7's to get the SCF. Bettman couldn't have dreamed a better scenario. I got Rangers and Ducks. I think Tampa has been better than NYR, but there is something to that whole not losing a Game 7 at home in franchise history. Maybe tonight is the end of that streak. If the Rangers lose, I will shower in my son in law's tears.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I thought I was going to get TB/ANA that I was hoping for, but the experience factor may favor NYR/CHI. Going to watch both games and hoping for great contests. Should be fun. Go Bolts and Ducks!

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
One down, one to go! What a good game from the Lightning. Kinda shocked the Rags got shutout at home. King Henry's first loss in a Game 7, too. Wow!

ark steel

Reaction score
2nd shut out in a row at MSG!

Really well played game by the Lightning. Can't believe Killorns goal got through.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score

Really well played game by the Lightning. Can't believe Killorns goal got through.

it doesn't matter how you score, just so you do. :) The 2nd one was a great play and shot. The whole series was enjoyable.

steelermania

Reaction score
Back to back game 7's to get the SCF. Bettman couldn't have dreamed a better scenario. I got Rangers and Ducks. I think Tampa has been better than NYR, but there is something to that whole not losing a Game 7 at home in franchise history. Maybe tonight is the end of that streak. If the Rangers lose, I will shower in my son in law's tears.

Yes he could. His dream scenario would be a NY/Chi final.

Spike

Reaction score
They slid the 1st one up Hank's *** and that's all the Bolts needed....you coulda heard a pin drop in MSG after the 2nd goal.... buh-bye Rags!

Spike

Reaction score
Back to back game 7's to get the SCF. Bettman couldn't have dreamed a better scenario. I got Rangers and Ducks. I think Tampa has been better than NYR, but there is something to that whole not losing a Game 7 at home in franchise history. .

How'd that work out for ya? First Game 7 loss at home in team history. ha

all of NBC is weeping, they had to interview TB players...

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score

Goalies never win games because they can't score, but even the great ones can let a **** goal in that loses the game and the series.

ark steel

Reaction score
I missed the ******* pre-sale!! 2 ******* hours.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Never expected 4-1 and end of 2! Kessler with a nice goal followed by a bad penalty and Crawford playing with a lot of confidence. Oh, **** Hossa

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Looked like a "kicking motion" or directed it in to me, but what the Hell do I know? That 4th goal might be the dagger in this one.

Spike

Reaction score
oh well

"Tampa is the first team in NHL history to beat 3 Original 6 teams in a row in the playoffs"

Make it 4 in a row, wings habs rags hawks

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
Can't root for Hossa in anyway

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Can't root for Hossa in anyway

I can root for Brandon Saad. Can't deny Towes and Kane are the real deal and makes me wonder why are our two stars not that dominate in the post-season? Not a Hawk fan by any stretch, but they are a damn fine team. Reminds me of the St. Louis Cardinals.

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
Respect rest of team, just can't root for Hossa.

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Don't think the Bolts have enough to pull it off. Hate the Hawks but they'll take it.