• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Shazier update

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Pop's logic is like an Ol' English 40 oz...it starts out SO GOOD - but then it gives you the squirts...

Ugh! Ol English 40oz no more. Drank one for the MNF game. Felt homeboy as **** lol. Anyways back to subject. Shazier needs to stay healthy. Enter Vince Williams come sunday. Let Shazier rock the color rush duce staley uniform

TWEEK1106

Reaction score
Wish we actually knew what the issue is.

Eel like if it was serious they'd have already done something....and if it's just bruised then he needs to man up and be out there.

Gotta love having a injury prone team every year and a HC that regularly acts completely ignorant of any of his players health status.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Wish we actually knew what the issue is.

Eel like if it was serious they'd have already done something....and if it's just bruised then he needs to man up and be out there.

Gotta love having a injury prone team every year and a HC that regularly acts completely ignorant of any of his players health status.

Completely ignorant?? Please tell me why you need to know before Sunday if Shazier is going to play?? Wouldn't the SMART move to be keeping the Bengals guessing? Gotta love this new age where fans think they have the right to know everything..the first time Belichek talks about a injured player will be the first time.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Shazier practiced today. Will play Sunday.

Just saw that per the PPG. Good news. Hope the knee doesn't get beat up on. We need Shazier to man up and stop being a damn china doll.

TWEEK1106

Reaction score
Completely ignorant?? Please tell me why you need to know before Sunday if Shazier is going to play?? Wouldn't the SMART move to be keeping the Bengals guessing? Gotta love this new age where fans think they have the right to know everything..the first time Belichek talks about a injured player will be the first time.

I have absolutely no reason to know this information.....

And if Tomlin continuously came out and said "I know exactly what's wrong with our player, but I'm choosing not to share that information with you at this time"..........I'd be 100% OK with that.

What he actually says on a regular basis is that he's unsure of either what's wrong with the player or how long it will be until they're able to play.

Either he's lying when he doesn't have to, or he actually DOESN'T know the health status of his players.....

And since he's the one who regularly claims ignorance..........

I have started to believe him.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I have absolutely no reason to know this information.....

And if Tomlin continuously came out and said "I know exactly what's wrong with our player, but I'm choosing not to share that information with you at this time"..........I'd be 100% OK with that.

What he actually says on a regular basis is that he's unsure of either what's wrong with the player or how long it will be until they're able to play.

Either he's lying when he doesn't have to, or he actually DOESN'T know the health status of his players.....

And since he's the one who regularly claims ignorance..........

I have started to believe him.

Have never heard Tomlin say he doesn't know or is unsure about a injury. He just refuses to talk about them. It's gamesmanship. Let the other team waste practice time preparing for a player who may or may not play.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Just read he was limited. That doesn't put him in Sundays game. He needs to go full and only has one more day.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Just read he was limited. That doesn't put him in Sundays game. He needs to go full and only has one more day.

He doesn't need to go full to play I believe.

TWEEK1106

Reaction score
Have never heard Tomlin say he doesn't know or is unsure about a injury. He just refuses to talk about them. It's gamesmanship. Let the other team waste practice time preparing for a player who may or may not play.

Go back and watch some of his interviews.....

I've even heard a couple of the local media get irritated with his "I don't know" answers and basically ask him " so what you're saying is you don't know the health status of your players???"

As I said......if he even just said "I don't discuss my players health with the media"…...........OK, makes sense.

But he doesn't.

P

POP

Wait a minute ... Fort, who is NOT a starter is a diamond in the rough ... Yet, Rogers, who for all intents and purposes IS a starter, can "never reach the level of a Wes Welker"? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and while I like both players, I think that Rogers has more potential at his position than Fort does at his.

OK, I will make a deal with you: If Rogers ever has 122 catches a season for over 1,500 yards I will admit I was wrong. If he never has seasons with those type of #s, then you will admit I was right.

If Fort keeps playing like he did, he will be an undrafted guy who bounced from the BROWNs (of all teams) to become a productive player. That is a diamond in the ruff, indeed. If Rogers puts up Welker #s (several years of over 100 catches a season) then he will also fit that description.

P

POP

I've even heard a couple of the local media get irritated with his "I don't know" answers and basically ask him " so what you're saying is you don't know the health status of your players???"

As I said......if he even just said "I don't discuss my players health with the media"…...........OK, makes sense.

But he doesn't.

Tomlin, and the Steelers in general, think they are master poker players, and fooling everyone at all times. They aren't. And, no, he goes beyond just not talking about them. He tries to be Tricky Dicky and imply things. Remember when he implied Bell would be healthy enough to play after getting hurt by saying, "Oh, he is already riding the bike. That's Le Veon." Meanwhile many months later, he still wasn't healed.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol. This is pretty comical. Who do you think has a bigger impact on our season.....Roger or Fort?

P

POP

Lol. This is pretty comical. Who do you think has a bigger impact on our season.....Roger or Fort?

It will probably come down to injuries, as in with their units, not them, necessarily. Wheaton is back, so that will cut into Roger's playing time. If Timmons goes down, Fort will get on the field more, I think, unless Williams can play every down.

Spike

Reaction score

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

But he doesn't.

Maybe you right I haven't watched a press conference in years. Do they still broadcast them??

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Tomlin, and the Steelers in general, think they are master poker players, and fooling everyone at all times. They aren't. And, no, he goes beyond just not talking about them. He tries to be Tricky Dicky and imply things. Remember when he implied Bell would be healthy enough to play after getting hurt by saying, "Oh, he is already riding the bike. That's Le Veon." Meanwhile many months later, he still wasn't healed.

Bell is still injured??

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
It will probably come down to injuries, as in with their units, not them, necessarily. Wheaton is back, so that will cut into Roger's playing time. If Timmons goes down, Fort will get on the field more, I think, unless Williams can play every down.

I will say Rogers... with or without any injuries.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Everything has to be a contradiction with some of you guys. And Ray hadn't posted his story yet when I posted about it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...o-play-Sunday-vs-Bengals/stories/201609150188

Shazier practices, says he plans to play Sunday against Bengals
September 15, 2016 3:23 PM
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier practiced with the rest of his teammates Thursday and said he plans to play Sunday when the Steelers play host to the Bengals at Heinz Field.

Shazier injured his right knee in the fourth quarter of the season opener against the Redskins Monday night. He had a doctor’s appointment Tuesday and did not practice Wednesday.

“I think coach [Tomlin] will let you know what the doctor said, but my knee is feeling a lot better and I feel like I should be ready to go,” Shazier said. “I felt good out there, just knocking off some rust.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Shazier had a forced fumble, an interception and six tackles in the Steelers’ 38-16 victory against the Redskins. He was credited by Tomlin for helping the Steelers limit Redskins tight end Jordan Reed, who had just 64 receiving yards.

The Steelers and Bengals played three times last season, including once in the playoffs when Shazier played the best game of his professional career.

“I want to be out there for every game, but this is an AFC North team, a rivalry game and we’re trying to set the tone,” Shazier said. “It’s day to day. We’ll see how it goes. I plan on playing.”

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Shazier sits. Then again, who knows? I though Heyward would sit week 1. He looked decent. So maybe sitting Shazier was just a pre-caution.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
It all comes down to Friday practice. If he's a full participant, he plays, if not, all bets are off.

coupon

Reaction score
It all comes down to Friday practice. If he's a full participant, he plays, if not, all bets are off.

all flights are canceled. its a five star match up...

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
can anyone name one NFL head coach who is 100% up front and tells EVERYTHING he knows about player injuries???