• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Shazier update

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Report: Steelers LB Ryan Shazier Not Expected To Practice Wednesday

ryan-shazier-pass-deflection

BY DAVE BRYAN SEPTEMBER 14, 2016 AT 09:22 AM
In Monday night’s regular season opening win over the Washington Redskins, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier was forced from the game in the second half with a knee injury and while the former first-round draft pick out of Ohio State reportedly said afterwards that his removal from the contest was only precautionary, it appears as though he won’t practice on Wednesday.

According to Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏of the NFL Network, Shazier isn’t expected to practice on Wednesday. However, a member of organization did tell her that there’s real chance Shazier will play Sunday in the Steelers home opener against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Against the Redskins Monday night, Shazier recorded six total tackles, one interception and a forced fumble in addition to defending a pass thrown to Washington tight end Jordan Reed in the end zone.

During his first two years in the league, Shazier has missed 11 regular season games due to various injuries. During his Tuesday press conference, Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin wasn’t able to provide much of an injury update on Shazier as he was currently visiting with the doctors at that time. However, David Todd of 970 ESPN Radio reported later on Tuesday that he saw Shazier at the Steelers practice facility and that he looked fine and that he said, “I’m good.”

The Steelers will release their first injury report of Week 2 later on Wednesday so we’ll have to wait and see if he indeed was able to practice.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ryan-shazier-not-expected-practice-wednesday/

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm kinda feeling like "****" is in order...

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
We have good depth. But yeah it sucks

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Standard protocol right now, especially on a short week. Anyone that was bagged up in the game gets today off. Not a big deal unless he misses tomorrow. Then we can start worry.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Again, bubble wrap until game day... heck bubble wrap till the playoffs... if it looks like we are rolling and dont need him, take him out of every game.... i dont care about anything making the playoffs at any level and being healthy when it counts....

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

According to Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏of the NFL Network, Shazier isn’t expected to practice on Wednesday. However, a member of organization did tell her that there’s real chance Shazier will play Sunday in the Steelers home opener against the Cincinnati Bengals.

So there's a real chance he can play on Sunday? I don't like the way that reads. Shazier has dinged himself up already, and possibly hurt more than the fans think.

Shazier is out best cover guy among the front seven by a mile. Without him our rush 3 drop 8 would not work nearly as well.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Fort while not Shazier is said to have very good coverage abilities. Which is why he probably replaced Shazier over Williams

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Fort while not Shazier is said to have very good coverage abilities. Which is why he probably replaced Shazier over Williams

I agree with that. And Fort looked decent on the Blitz too.

Spike

Reaction score
Doesn't sound good for playing if he can't practice - not much change from yesterday, really

Injury Report: LB Ryan Shazier Still Having Knee Injury Evaluated

During his Tuesday press conference, head coach Mike Tomlin didn’t have much to offer in the form of an update on his current condition, or potential availability for Sunday’s home game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

“Unfortunately I don’t have any updated information on Ryan Shazier,” said Tomlin. “He’s at the doctors as we speak being evaluated. I’m sure well have something in the form of a release, or something later today, or even practice participation tomorrow to give you an indication of where he is.”

Of the several players that missed the Monday night opener against the Redskins due to injuries, Tomlin said center Cody Wallace (knee), wide receiver Markus Wheaton (shoulder) and fullback Roosevelt Nix (back) all have a “significant chance” of playing Sunday against the Bengals.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...-lb-ryan-shazier-still-knee-injury-evaluated/

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
They showed him on the sideline standing with no assistance. If they thought there was ligament damage they wouldn't want him putting weight on it. Hopefully it's just a knee on knee and a bruise, which hurts like hell by the way, and only heals with rest, but does no further damage playing in

ark steel

Reaction score

in the past, they would have moved Timmons over and bring Williams in. If Fort has some coverage abilities, it would explain why they didn't follow what they have been doing.

chipped ham

Reaction score

He did look pretty good on the blitz, but I think it was his coverage responsibility on the only touchdown that the foreskins scored.

chipped ham

Reaction score
They showed him on the sideline standing with no assistance. If they thought there was ligament damage they wouldn't want him putting weight on it. Hopefully it's just a knee on knee and a bruise, which hurts like hell by the way, and only heals with rest, but does no further damage playing in

To add to this, if the medical staff deemed it was serious, you'd have to think that he would've went into the locker room and showered up and all that jazz. Instead, he stayed on the sideline in his full uniform.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

Again given the game plan to drop so many in coverage against the Skins may explain why Fort got the nod over Williams. May not be the same against the Bengals and the bruiser they have in the backfield

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Again given the game plan to drop so many in coverage against the Skins may explain why Fort got the nod over Williams. May not be the same against the Bengals and the ginger they have in the backfield

Fixed that for ya

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Shazier iS our D. He is the engine if the Steelers want to be productive. No dis to Cam Heyward who is also indispensable, but if you want splash plays, and a lot of em, Shazier is our guy.

The optimist has today as a vet day off
The pessimist has me thinking this is an injury. If it is, and he's still being medically reviewed, it's either a bone bruise, or a meniscal tear. Bone bruises are non issues if he can take the pain. Meniscus may need surgery or rest to heal. Ben had this surgery and only missed a couple weeks.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
I still think forts hit on cousin's arm was the empty hand rule. That was a fumble.

League is too rule hungry to call that a fumble. It was close but since we got back AB's non-catch fumble can't complain too hard about it.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
He did look pretty good on the blitz, but I think it was his coverage responsibility on the only touchdown that the foreskins scored.

he also tackled sean davis in a play, causing him to miss the wrap/tackle on the ball carrier

P

POP

Fort showed a good burst. He looked sudden. Nice to find a diamond in the ruff. The Browns were the first team to sign him.

It would make perfect sense for him to excel here after the Browns ditched him.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Fort showed a good burst. He looked sudden. Nice to find a diamond in the ruff. The Browns were the first team to sign him.

It would make perfect sense for him to excel here after the Browns ditched him.

Wait a minute ... Fort, who is NOT a starter is a diamond in the rough ... Yet, Rogers, who for all intents and purposes IS a starter, can "never reach the level of a Wes Welker"? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and while I like both players, I think that Rogers has more potential at his position than Fort does at his.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Wait a minute ... Fort, who is NOT a starter is a diamond in the rough ... Yet, Rogers, who for all intents and purposes IS a starter, can "never reach the level of a Wes Welker"? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and while I like both players, I think that Rogers has more potential at his position than Fort does at his.

Pop's logic is like an Ol' English 40 oz...it starts out SO GOOD - but then it gives you the squirts...

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like the 2016 Ryan Shazier color rush uniform could possibly appear this Sunday...lol

image.jpg

Reactions: MTC